£'s per day?

jocall

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,
I know this is quite a personal thing, everyone has their own ideas, but in general how much in £'s would be a comfortable amount per person per day, for eating out etc.

This depends on so many factors and where your staying, do you have a car etc.

A <b>cheap</b>, good quality days food example.
Breakfast All you Can eat buffet at Sizzler, Ponderosa, or Golden Corral approx.$6
This should fill you up for the day or at least you'll only need a light lunch/snack at the parks ( take it in with you and water ;)).
Dinner All you Can eat buffet at Sizzler, Ponderosa, or Golden Corral approx.$11
Full steak or chicken dinner and all you can eat buffet with fruit, salads, main courses, and deserts. You'll come out stuffed full ;)
Prices are per person and include free refil soda's.
Kids are cheaper, under 5s normally free :)

Prices go up from the above and can get costly if you eat on Disney property a lot.
The one thing Orlando is not short of is restaurants theres something for everyone and every budget.

As Dave says it is difficult to judge, it depends SO MUCH on what you like doing and your preferences on food. Eating out can be a major part to a holiday for some, and obviously for those people they are likely to spend a lot more than people to whom it's a lower priority. Where your staying is important, if your in a villa , or a suite hotel or even a room with a small fridge, you can have breakfast for a matter of a few dollars for your family. Again if you have cooking facilities, even having a pizza at home a couple of times is going to knock a $100 off your food bill for the holiday.

If you eat at breakfast at home, have a burger/fast food for lunch and mix a value restaurant and eating at home in the evening you probably won't spend $100 a day for a family of four (including drinks in the parks). You can blow that AND MORE on a meal for two in one of the nicer restaurants in the area. There are a number of things that can REALLY bump up spending, wine is expensive in the US , you don't get much for less than $20 a bottle ( usually you're looking at $30-40), a lot of restaurants include a house salad or soup with an entree so you really don't need to order starters ( although I generally do ;) )

if it helps to have a figure to work from, last year we budgeted $150/day - that was for all food and other expenses (souveniers etc) the only thing we put on the credit card was a couple of expensive meals (maybe 2 or 3) and new clothes.

that figure was plenty for the week we stayed off-site, in fact we rolled over about $30-$40 each day, but that extra money was all spent the 2nd week when we were staying onsite and mainly eating on disney property.

Sizzler and Ponderosa breakfasts are $3.99 at the moment , Golden Corral is $4.99 including fruit juice.

all you can eat $3.99 ........... I feel hungry !

a good size Burger etc meal at MK/MGM is around $6/$7 . I had the 1/2 pounder burger with extra Bacon from MK The Pinocchio Village Haus for about $7.00.

We found for food that the parks where not the rip-off we were expecting. Better than the UK parks.

We have always matched what we spend on our holiday in spending money so we usually have $200 a day. Also as there is only 2 of us we tend to eat from very nice and cheap to very nice and expensive. All purchases come out of that money except if one of us buys something pricey or breakable then it goes on our seperaye visas.

To be honest we probably wouldn't go if we had to really budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter