“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAS239

Disney Vet Squad ∞
Epcot is getting a new fireworks dessert party focused around the Frozen Ever After attraction in Norway.

Frozen Ever After takes guests through the kingdom of Arendelle from the Disney animated hit, “Frozen.” Located in the Norway Pavilion at Epcot, Frozen Ever After celebrates a “Summer Snow Day” on a journey through a frozen willow forest, past Troll Valley and up to Queen Elsa’s palace high up on the north mountain. (Matt Stroshane, photographer)

The dessert party portion of the event will take place just steps away from the current FastPass+ viewing area for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. After guests enjoy a spread of delectable desserts, drinks, and the nightly fireworks show, they will then be whisked over to Frozen Ever After to enjoy a ride on the attraction with little-to-no-wait after normal park closing time.

The event will be offered on Sundays, Wednesdays, and Fridays starting in July, replacing the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party which concludes July 14th. The price will be $79 per adult and $47 per child. Bookings should open following a Disney announcement.

-From WDWNT

I've been waiting for this announcement. Thank you! I don't really care about the Frozen theme, but I want a dessert part for IllumiNations, since it's my daughter's favorite. Now I need to see if Sunday, Wednesday, or Friday will work for our schedule (and hope that they have it our week).

I remember when they had a day/night event when you got priority seating to the parade, got drinks/ice pops, then had the dessert party later and a priority spot for the fireworks. That was fun!

We did the Illuminations desert party about a month ago. We had done the Star Wars desert party the night before. Disney sent me a survey on what I thought of the Illuminations party. I guess I wasn't alone in my feedback.

I felt that Illuminations desert party was fine in that I didn't have to squat for a seat to watch the fireworks. But the thing that set the Star Wars desert party apart from this is that we got to meet and greet with Kylo, Chewbacca and BB8 with no wait, got to eat and still got a good spot for the fireworks. The souvenir chewbacca mug was a good touch too.

If this gets you a frozen ride, meet and greet with Anna and Elsa and you get a frozen souvenir with it, it'd be worth it IMHO. (I don't see that in the offering, but it can't be too far behind).

Will be eagerly awaiting all the details. Have had the Illuminations dessert party earmarked for one of our Fridays for our upcoming trip.

Any idea if the drinks include adult beverages like the Galactic Spectacular dessert party?
If they don't, it'll probably be a deal-breaker for me at that price point; but I'm expecting adult beverages will remain a feature of the new party, same as before.

I've been waiting for this announcement. Thank you! I don't really care about the Frozen theme, but I want a dessert part for IllumiNations, since it's my daughter's favorite. Now I need to see if Sunday, Wednesday, or Friday will work for our schedule (and hope that they have it our week).
They've had that for years, in case you didn't know

I dunno... I think it's a dumb idea (don't get me wrong - I understand getting the Frozen ride and all) but the point of the Illuminations fireworks is to show the world coming together as one. A more serious/adult look. This just turns the show into some fireworks bookended by FROZEN!!! WHOOOOOOO!!! BESSSTTT DAAYYY EVAHHHH!!! What's next, they're going to have jar-jar-olaf narrate the fireworks show? "Tonight we gather around the fire to share stories... I like the fire.. it's warrm... like the sunnnn and you can roast marshamallows tee-hee!"

I preferred the more... "adult" nature of the sparkling dessert party.

I dunno... I think it's a dumb idea (don't get me wrong - I understand getting the Frozen ride and all) but the point of the Illuminations fireworks is to show the world coming together as one. A more serious/adult look. This just turns the show into some fireworks bookended by FROZEN!!! WHOOOOOOO!!! BESSSTTT DAAYYY EVAHHHH!!! What's next, they're going to have jar-jar-olaf narrate the fireworks show? "Tonight we gather around the fire to share stories... I like the fire.. it's warrm... like the sunnnn and you can roast marshamallows tee-hee!"

Not to mention, these 2 things are NOT close together. Sounds like to me they are using the existing Dessert Party location which is next to the FP area. If you are going to make it a Frozen party, move the viewing area to Norway.

I'm a bit bummed about this because I was looking forward to the Sparkling Dessert Party for my upcoming trip in August. I like the concept of the dessert being from around the world, since it goes with the theme of the WS and Illuminations. If this is going to be a bunch of Frozen themed desserts, my DS (who really dislikes Princesses in general, but really dislikes Frozen the most) won't be up for it. I'll be interested to see/hear how the dessert offerings change or not and then I guess I'll decide.

My personal situation aside, this could potentially be a great sell for a Frozen loving family and would eliminate the need to use up your Tier 1 FP on FEA.

Just, urgh, Norway is the opposite direction of everything at the end of the night! To go from the viewing area (which is in the WS Plaza area, on the way towards the exit) to Norway, back towards the viewing area, to leave. Talk about extra walking at the end of the day when you've probably already logged 10, 12 miles. At least it's only Norway, could be worse I suppose.

I'm a bit bummed about this because I was looking forward to the Sparkling Dessert Party for my upcoming trip in August. I like the concept of the dessert being from around the world, since it goes with the theme of the WS and Illuminations. If this is going to be a bunch of Frozen themed desserts, my DS (who really dislikes Princesses in general, but really dislikes Frozen the most) won't be up for it. I'll be interested to see/hear how the dessert offerings change or not and then I guess I'll decide.

My personal situation aside, this could potentially be a great sell for a Frozen loving family and would eliminate the need to use up your Tier 1 FP on FEA.

This feels like one of those things that I don't love, for the reasons mentioned - that it doesn't really fit the mood or theme of Illuminations - BUT I would probably do as it would make the planning easier on my family and they would love the "VIPish" ride on Frozen, and it frees up our Tier 1 FP to be for Soarin or Test Track

I hope they don't "over-Frozen" the actual desserts and drinks and keep that more Illuminations themed (but my guess is it will be Frozen Themed)

This feels like one of those things that I don't love, for the reasons mentioned - that it doesn't really fit the mood or theme of Illuminations - BUT I would probably do as it would make the planning easier on my family and they would love the "VIPish" ride on Frozen, and it frees up our Tier 1 FP to be for Soarin or Test Track

I hope they don't "over-Frozen" the actual desserts and drinks and keep that more Illuminations themed (but my guess is it will be Frozen Themed)
Oh I hope not. We had the Frozen desserts over at HS a couple summers ago. They were easily the worse desserts offered at any dessert party we've done. Blech! I hope they don't go that route

Just, urgh, Norway is the opposite direction of everything at the end of the night! To go from the viewing area (which is in the WS Plaza area, on the way towards the exit) to Norway, back towards the viewing area, to leave. Talk about extra walking at the end of the day when you've probably already logged 10, 12 miles. At least it's only Norway, could be worse I suppose.
Yeah, I get that. As Boardwalk Villas owners, part of the appeal of the Epcot dessert party specifically is the leisurely stroll back "home". We like to just pop in to DHS and Epcot for the dessert parties. We've usually done something else earlier in the day, rested, then dressed up slightly for evening events.

They've had that for years, in case you didn't know

Yes. I meant that I am waiting for it to show up on the schedule. First, the dessert party was scheduled only through May and then mid-July. I heard rumors that they were changing it, and I was afraid maybe it would just go away. I'm still anxiously awaiting actual dates on the calendar, but I'm happy to see that something is mostly likely coming. :)

I just wish they would get on with announcing all these "special dining experiences" so I can finalize my plans! Fortunately I have a fireworks dessert party scheduled at MK but I would really like to also do this one at Epcot and the Hallowishes Dessert party (DW is a big fan of desserts!). And don't get me started on waiting for the F&W events.

I definitely agree with this.

I remember when they had a day/night event when you got priority seating to the parade, got drinks/ice pops, then had the dessert party later and a priority spot for the fireworks. That was fun!
I was there many times. Although pricey, it was popular.
If you are going to make it a Frozen party, move the viewing area to Norway.
There really isn't a suitable space near Norway.
Norway is the opposite direction of everything at the end of the night!
If you're thinking that going against the flow will be a challenge, it won't be. It's done on a regular basis for special events.
but my guess is it will be Frozen Themed
Probably a good guess.
There's something to be said for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!