“I absolutely must fight Darth Vader and meet Ariel” A birthday trip and more! Our Nov 2017 TR

ChosenBelle

belle+beast
:welcome:
Hello! :wave: I have decided to write a Trip Report for our most recent vacation to Walt Disney World! I am reminiscing about our wonderful trip and it is probably best to spare my Facebook friends anymore vacation photos and stories :confused3. 300+ pictures is probably enough, for them anyway :) Let’s get this party started!!!!

Who: Me :earsgirl:, my husband :firefight & our 6 yr old daughter princess:

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg

When: November 4th-11th 2017

Where: Disney's BoardWalk Villas

This trip was all about our daughter princess:. We usually go in August. We live in the south and are used to the hot, humid weather. My husband and I have August birthdays that are 3 days apart so we always choose our birthday week. My daughter wanted to travel for her birthday and since she is kindergarten, we knew this was the last year it would be acceptable for her to miss a week of school. Visiting Walt Disney World around the Christmas holidays has always been a dream of ours. We scheduled our vacation 2 weeks after her actual birthday and our dream became a reality!
At first she did not want to wear her 'I'm Celebrating!' birthday button until she heard Cast Members wishing others happy birthday and not her. She put it on the second day and was loving it!

Day 1: Travel Day
Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg
IMG_6914.JPG
Webp.net-resizeimage (13).jpg

I usually dedicate travel days to just traveling. We take a late flight and relax. Last trip we braved the Magic Kingdom the first evening and it was the best decision. We crossed almost every must do off our list so it took some pressure off our other Magic Kingdom days. Since our daughter, I will call her C but her name is all over her clothes :ssst:, is older and I wanted to maximize every moment I booked the 6AM flight which put us in Orlando at 1:15PM. We ended up in our room by 2:30PM. I just about cried when I walked on the balcony and saw our amazing view! We previously stayed at the Contemporary with a Theme Park View but that breathtaking view of Cinderella Castle was expected, and paid for :scared:, this view was a complete surprise!

Webp.net-resizeimage (7).jpg

Of course our luggage was not even close to being delivered and I had scheduled our Garden Grocery order to be delivered between 4-9PM, so it was just us in our room. My husband wanted to take a nap but come on, we are at Walt Disney World! We picked up the stroller we rented for the week and began to wonder around the resort. We spent the day around the resort and Disney Springs. We had a really satisfying dinner at The Polite Pig!

Webp.net-resizeimage (8).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (9).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (12).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (10).jpg Webp.net-resizeimage (11).jpg

I was so tempted to walk over to Epcot :tiptoe:but resisted. The trip was off to a magical start. :tink:

Last edited:
Day 2: Magic Kingdom

:wave2: Welcome back!

We do Disney Parks a little different than some other families with a young child. We start late and end late. We tried hitting the parks at rope drop and taking a nap or hitting the pool for a midday break and nope, does not work for us. We sleep in and start the day sometime between 10AM and 11AM then we go go go until they kick us out. We rent a stroller and our little trouper has no problem keeping up. Our first Fastpass+ was Peter Pan’s Flight for 11:30-12:30 and we almost missed it. We scanned our Magic Band's Mickey to Mickey at 12:15! After that was Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin before The Haunted Mansion (along with all the big rides, she was now tall enough to participate in :hippie:, this was at the top of C’s to do list)

Webp.net-resizeimage (20).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (21).jpg

The main highlights on this day were Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Cinderella Castle and dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. BBB was never at the top of my Disney to do list but C requested it and I am so glad she did. One good thing about this being her birthday trip was some of the 'extras' were gifts from grandparents and great grandparents. :bday: This was one of them. It was loud and crazy and crowded but all of that faded in the background when she climbed in that chair. It was magical!

Webp.net-resizeimage (22).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (23).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (24).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (25).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (27).jpg

Her favorite princess is Ariel and that was pretty much the only princess dress she was lacking so she got the whole Ariel ensemble there but she did not wear it right away. See, what happened was, I knew we were going to be in the park for a while after and we were going to CRT that night so I bought a beautiful Cinderella dress that was super comfortable for her to wear. It was perfect. Before I bought the Cinderella dress I booked fastpasses to meet Ariel at Her Grotto after BBB so off we went!
Meet Ariel, check!

Webp.net-resizeimage (40).jpg

Ride Journey of the Little Mermaid, check! Ride Dumbo, check!

Webp.net-resizeimage (29).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (31).jpg

Up next... Magic Kingdom continued

Last edited:
Day 2 continued: More Magic Kingdom!

As we were leaving Storybook Circus, I noticed a girl pass by with a Pluto popcorn bucket popcorn:: and my head swiveled. I had not seen these and as it turns out not many of the Cast Members had either. :scratchin This was the start of the hunt for the Pluto Christmas popcorn bucket and an hour later our mission was successful!

Webp.net-resizeimage (44).jpg

We visited each and every popcorn stand the Magic Kingdom had to offer. Now, on this particular day they were filming for the ABC Christmas special and it was pretty awesome. We stopped for about 30 minutes once the sunset and watched. Nick Lachey & Julianne Hough were hosting and it was really relaxed and a different vibe in the hub in front of Cinderella Castle. The lights on the castle would turn on and off randomly and fireworks would go off at random times. It was really beautiful and you never knew what to expect. The rest of 98 degrees joined Nick later.

1.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Next was the Mad Tea Party 'teacups' before dinner. Because they were filming the area behind the castle was closed so we had to check in to Cinderella's Royal Table by the Carrousel. I was able to snap a few pictures with no one around. It was a little surreal. :tink:

Webp.net-resizeimage (16).jpg

We were seated right by the window and right as our dinner was being served Happily Ever After started. I was very curious how the fireworks looked from inside so I did not have any expectations, but it was breathtaking! A magical moment for sure! :-)

Webp.net-resizeimage (46).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (37).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (38).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (47).jpg

Our vacation was off to an absolutely wonderful beginning!

Webp.net-resizeimage (41).jpg

Last edited:
What a great start to your trip! The pictures of your princess watching the fireworks from inside CRT are making me teary! :lovestruc

We're planning for this same week for 2018 so can't wait to read more about your trip!

What a great start to your trip! The pictures of your princess watching the fireworks from inside CRT are making me teary! :lovestruc

We're planning for this same week for 2018 so can't wait to read more about your trip!

Thank you! :welcome: It was such a magical trip! :tink:

Day 3: Epcot
25006481078_8a65f41fbc_z.jpg

This was our first Epcot International Food & Wine Festival experience. I know I said this trip was all about our daughter but this day was more focused on Mom & Dad. :rolleyes1 We squeezed in lots of fun for her as well but rib-eye tacos and margaritas were not at the top of her to do list. :confused3 She was our little trooper as always. We started the day catching up with some old friends before we headed to World Showcase.

38877596761_cd4bdef231_z.jpg

38847386092_6fd22fabd1_z.jpg

24012881897_e134a0d50b_z.jpg

World Showcase is one of my absolute favorite things. I always make an autograph book for C and include the countries inside to use as a passport. Therefore we have to find the KidCot locations in each country.

We hit all the countries and tried a lot of food booths in the first half because we didn’t want to be too full for dinner.

Mexico
25006397408_efaa4f5d17_z.jpg

Norway
37991302385_5eb88fc4cf_z.jpg

China, USA & Japan

We love "Pick a Pearl" in Japan!

24012927687_c143805767_z.jpg

We went back to eat more food later in our vacation but I am including most here!

Crispy Chicken with cornbread
Smoked Corned Beef
38877528881_01cfb43616_c.jpg

Lobster Roll
Smoked Beef Brisket and Pimento Cheese
Absolute Pasta
Crispy Calamari

Beer-braised Beef
Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache
Seared Scalops
"Le Cellier" Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon

We ate dinner at Le Cellier. This was our second time there and while it was good I enjoyed it better last time. It is probably only because I had indulged in so much great food earlier that same day.

After dinner at Le Cellier we rode Frozen Ever After and meet Anna & Elsa. Even with a fastpass+ we still waited around 20-30 min so a fastpass+ was an absolute must! Somewhere in there we squeezed in Soarin' Around the World.

C is still talking about it! She loved it so much we had to ride it again later in the trip. I think our days of standing in line to ride the Journey of the Little Mermaid over and over and over and over again are over! :cool1: When we got back to the room C was eating a snack and I hear her say her mouth was bleeding. Yep, my newly turned 6 year old lost her 5th tooth! :eek:

I’m pretty sure she is going to have to switch to a liquid diet if her teeth don’t stop falling out! She was so excited and I was too. The happiness that poured from her this whole week was priceless.

France

I still can't get over our view!

Last edited:
Day 4: Hollywood Studios

25008760258_4b63928c77.jpg

We checked a lot of things off of her list this day.:woohoo: First was getting her signed up for Jedi training. :darth: She wanted to fight Darth Vader so bad so she and her daddy woke up early and went to Hollywood Studios before breakfast to get her signed up. At first she was going to stay with me but I read online that she must attend as well. :crazy2: They needed to ask her questions and make sure she not only wanted to do this but was old enough and not scared. I’m not going to lie, my husband was not happy about the wait. I have been planning this vacation for us for almost a year, waking up early to secure dining reservations and fastpasses, booking plane tickets, etc and I LOVE it! I considered this paying his Disney planning dues. :rolleyes1 Later that evening after it was over I asked him if the wait in line was worth it? His response, “absolutely, without a doubt!” :yay: 2 hours later they made it back just in the nick of time for our reservation for the Bon Voyage breakfast @ Trattoria al Forno. It was really fun, with great character interaction and the food was really good!

37993530375_aa5f814054_z.jpg

38164691894_39f15914a1_z.jpg

25008863618_81be45bfff_z.jpg

38849683302_582b301837_z.jpg

After breakfast we went to our room for her to change and headed to Hollywood Studios.

27103356309_ccb8583eea_z.jpg

24015099497_ef8a36b44c_z.jpg

38164672864_6b022f0611_z.jpg

The popcorn bucket started making money at this point with the $1.50 refills. We met ‘fashion’ Minnie & ‘wizard’ Mickey, according to C before riding Toy Story Mania. C got her face painted and we checked out the artwork for the new Toy Story Land.

27103462559_4c7d1d75a1_z.jpg

38164532204_8a8fb15f30_z.jpg

25008710858_0b64fb9124_z.jpg

38879744461_41563af08d_z.jpg

38164661734_866db391ab_z.jpg

27103455269_895452640c_z.jpg

37993462845_a1b6bf9167_z.jpg

25008830408_db1e11f6e3_z.jpg

38849652842_b693966822_z.jpg

Then it was time for the test. C has been wanting to ride all the big rides forever and Tower of Terror was going to be the first one. I knew she would love it and be absolutely fine but you really never know until you do it. She LOVED IT! :lovestruc After we sat down I put my hand on her leg and reminded her we were right here if she needed us. She pushed my hand away and said, "I got this!" :rotfl2: At some point during the ride our Pluto popcorn bucket started 'floating' away. We caught him! pluto:

25008698198_df11f67822_z.jpg

After this she didn’t care about the wait or the little rides on her list. It was all about the roller coasters and such. We skipped a second ride on Journey of the Little Mermaid and the Magic Carpets all together this trip. She was disappointed she wasn’t tall enough for Rock 'n’ Roller Coaster but it was fine. She & I waited for her daddy to ride. I found some really cute but subtle sunglasses and they gave C a Mickey crown in the gift shop. The only drawback for me is pushing the stroller up the LONG exit ramp at Rock 'n' Roller Coaster just to get to the gift shop. Then it was time for Jedi Training and of course she loved it. It was quite comical watching her with her face painted and wearing her Minnie sunglasses while fighting Darth Vader. :cool2:

38849639542_bbea1147c0_z.jpg

24015135567_3a915c0d99_z.jpg

38164616184_d4855a465b_z.jpg

27103387739_a93e8a2307_z.jpg

25008775378_424a0d4f1e_z.jpg

27103404279_f515288719_z.jpg

27103343709_5446a9128f_z.jpg

38164630234_163156399b_z.jpg

We stopped for a BB8 frozen lemonade before heading over to Epcot.

38183475064_de31498089_z.jpg

Our goal was to ride Soarin' again and then Test Track during the fireworks & try the food we missed the day before. Then I heard it. The magical music of my youth. :faint:

:dancer:

Boyz II Men was there for the eat to the beat concert series so we had to stop and watch! We rode both Test Track & Soarin’! C had FULL control over the car design & surprise surprise, she won 1st in power & performance!

We went back to the Boardwalk after to relax, it was a BUSY day! The Boardwalk has the best atmosphere at night! We loved wrapping up our evenings here. :tink:

Last edited:
A short real world update:

My 'scrapbook' is finally here! Instead of making an actual cut and paste scrapbook, I make books online :surfweb: & have them printed, of each vacation, etc. Each one is about 200 pages and contains every detail of our vacations. My daughter & I love looking back on them and reminiscing! :lovestruc

27141893399_2bc0c863d8_z.jpg

Last edited:
Day 5: Part 1

This day was ALL over the place. It was originally a day to go back to Epcot and relax around World Showcase and eat a lot of food. We had promised C she could do the Remy Scavenger Hunt around World Showcase :magnify: (even though we had just about found them all, we needed the map). Then a new little land named Pandora - World of Avitar opened and my adventurous little girl started getting excited about big rides. This was after our scheduled time to book our fastpass+ so I looked on a whim and found a fastpass+ for Flight of Passage in the afternoon. :woohoo: So our plan ended up: Epcot until 2:30, Animal Kingdom until 6:30, Magic Kingdom at 7:45 for the Happily Ever After Dessert Party. We always get park hoppers and use them a lot!!!! But we always stop at 3 parks a day? :confused3 It is probably because everything is starting to run together at this point. Honestly we could have gone to Universal and I don’t remember. I kid, I kid. I’m relying on this day by going back through photos. So let’s get to it!

Epcot:

The night before C wanted to ride Journey into Imagination with Figment :figment:(that’s my girl!) but would you believe it had a 40 min wait, at 10PM?! :confused: No thank you. So we rode it first thing this morning.

Next was finding a map for the Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak scavenger hunt. We passed them a million times before but this day I couldn’t find one! After trying a few spots We found one at the International Gateway so we started in the UK.

27124566019_b44f7523a7_z.jpg
38921572111_d5cb11eb3b_z.jpg

38921572111_d5cb11eb3b_z.jpg

There was Remy (from Ratatouille) hiding around all the food booths (so we might have had a snack or two :drinking1). Each little Remy had a different food that corresponded with the stickers provided. We thought he was only in the countries so it turns out we had not found them all.

24055761017_1d5bdeb600_z.jpg

Everything was going smooth until Norway. We find Remy and go to grab the sticker and they are gone. C had dropped them somewhere. :( I ran back to Mexico to buy another map and casually mentioned my daughter had lost the stickers. The cast member opened the map took out the stickers and handed them to me. :thanks: Disney magic is the little things y’all. We found all the Remy’s and completed the map for a keychain.

38014598625_0ee67e264d.jpg

27124552589_12decf01b3_z.jpg

After collecting her prize we went to the room to change her clothes. I buy Disney clothes year round and no matter how many times I get her to change we still don’t wear them all on vacation! She wears them all the time so it really doesn’t matter but I had 2 Animal Kingdom outfits so she changed. We stopped at Ample Hills Creamery for some ice cream :mickeybar and the cast member noticed C’s birthday button. She told her this scoop was on Mickey! ::MickeyMo That made her day! I noticed these little framed pictures.

They were so cute! Next we headed to the bus stop for Animal Kingdom.

27124541149_9bba5c6ed7_z.jpg

Up next... Part 2: Animal Kingdom

Last edited:
Day 5: Part 2, Animal Kingdom

38014444535_6b4885637b.jpg

We took a bus to Disney's Animal Kingdom :simba: for the sole purpose of seeing Pandora-World of Avatar and using our Flight of Passage fastpass+. Normally, we spend a morning and early afternoon at Animal Kingdom but we could not do both Pandora-World of Avitar attractions using fastpass+ on the same day. Our Animal Kingdom day would be later on in this vacation. We arrived and took the obligatory Tree of Life photos.

38900994211_9a3ec1086b.jpg

Next we headed straight to Pandora. They have been building this land since our first vacation with our daughter in 2014 so we were really excited! We walked around looking at all of the beautiful details.

25120706358_d7acecba48_z.jpg

25120709908_5a1bcf3ba7_z.jpg

38991631581_11d9b6a36d_z.jpg

38991635051_571796846d_z.jpg

24126670727_ffdf116ba0_z.jpg

38990952921_56a1f1f32c_z.jpg

27214102139_e2f25cdda0_z.jpg

38901052091_1230aff402.jpg

We hoped to stay until right after sunset to see it at night. They had a small show going on that was pretty cool and the cast invited the children to play along. It seems all of my documentation of this is in video form. Ugh. So these pictures are screencaps from the video.

We made our way around to Pongu Pongu for some drinks. :drinking1 My husband got the Grog 'green' Ale and I got Mo'ara Margarita. Ahhh, my first paper straw of the trip!

27214706159_b4e020bda9.jpg

27145329789_fd29dc1f5e.jpg

It was here where I discovered my daughter’s awesome eyesight. :magnify: She saw a lizard and was pointing to it telling me how cute it was! Y’all, I looked and looked and could not see a lizard anywhere. :confused3 She basically had to pick the little guy up for me to see it. She was right, it was cute. Can you see it? :thumbsup2

25119904198_7de3f152b4_z.jpg

24126661477_487cd80f31_z.jpg

Soon it was time for FoP. :woohoo: We went to the test seat to make sure C was comfortable with it. She was. It was a pretty spectacular experience. If there would have been a camera filming me during the whole thing I would have looked like a complete goofball. :hyper: It was absolutely breathtaking! C had been saving her birthday & tooth fairy money and HAD TO adopt/buy a banshee. Here she is with Starfire Martha after we got back to the room later.

27145323989_27c427d122.jpg

We wanted to see Pandora at night but C wanted to ride Expedition Everest. The wait wasn’t too long so we started walking that direction. We got there and it was temporarily closed. :sad1: Boo. So we took some pictures.

Then we walked back to Pandora to grab a quick dinner/snack at Satu’li Canteen. My husband and I got the Cheeseburger Steamed Pods (they really do taste like McDonald's cheeseburgers!) and C got the "Teylu" all-beef hot dog wrapped in dough. Everything was delicious!!!! We ate, took a few night pictures and headed back to the bus stop.

38885872812_fa668c8bb5.jpg

24036261957_22f3b5665c.jpg

We took a bus to the Contemporary Resort and walked over to Magic Kingdom for the Happily Ever After dessert party and fireworks!

Up next... Part 3: Magic Kingdom

Last edited:
Day 5: Part 3, Magic Kingdom:

I’m not sure what we were running on at this point but it sure wasn’t sunshine & roses. :rolleyes1 We were tired but we had one more stop, Magic Kingdom. We had reservations for the Happily Ever After dessert party. The castle gets me every time! :lovestruc

25029581338_0104ef038a_z.jpg

38901121601_296bbb28ee_z.jpg

38185531664_34e2af2d56.jpg

C had been asking for a light up thing-amajiger, so I sent her and her daddy off into the darkness to find something while I found a rest room. When you are on vacation with a child you rarely have a chance to potty alone. After my lonesome trip to the loo :woohoo: we met back up. She chose the little mermaid bubble shooter. Well, at least it’s small. We found the entrance to the dessert party and checked in. The cast member who helped us find a seat was so kind and sweet.

27124534319_91e875ed45.jpg

38901111181_6d932c9dea.jpg

27124527869_77f1e3a7e4.jpg

38014552255_810b856138.jpg

The chocolate covered strawberries were my favorite!
We sugared ourselves up :banana: and were escorted to the plaza garden to watch Happily Ever After. Honestly, this is what we paid for, the desserts were just a bonus. We wanted to be able to walk up last minute, have good seats and some space. :crowded: We got just that! We took a picture in front the castle, parked the stroller & found a spot to sit down and wait.

38014487495_f739a04652_z.jpg

I have heard mixed reviews but we loved it. :lovestruc It was exactly what I expected and I definitely got choked up a few times during the show. My daughter singing along to Moana definitely got the goosebumps going. It was magical! :tink:

38992442511_c223f4e53e_z.jpg

25121528128_3c6b2b3853_z.jpg

38106107235_54901522ed_z.jpg

38956196562_d695f0147c_z.jpg

38276864494_0dd59165ce_z.jpg

When it was over we high-tailed it out of there. :moped: We had seen the show from inside the castle and out in front of the castle and the next night we would be watching Holiday Wishes. We love our Disney fireworks!

Last edited:
Day 6: Magic Kingdom

38300298544_26d95576c0.jpg

Where do I begin?! This day was a BIG day! It was the first Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party of the year and our first Walt Disney World party ever! :santa: We were really excited! The party tickets were another one of C’s birthday presents. :cake: We planned to spend the day at Magic Kingdom before the party to finish off some must do’s. We wanted the Christmas party to be fun and for us to be able to run around and do whatever had a short wait, etc. First thing was to pack a change of clothes for the party. We didn’t want to sweat all day in our Christmas shirts. Well actually my husband didn’t & C’s shirt was 3/4 sleeves & he was carrying them so I didn’t care! The lines for photos in Magic Kingdom were rather long when we passed at night and I knew it would be a nightmare for the party we took all of the pictures we wanted first thing!

24152538007_43fd052b50.jpg

25145880208_c5c4341333.jpg

25145886218_d39621f7d1.jpg

25145892448_3c40035a0f.jpg

25207374748_fce0ba2b7d_z.jpg

Then it was time for our very first fastpass+ of the day, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. C loved it so much we did it again during the party. Contrary to picture I loved it too! :goodvibes

38980588762_cf9be3d065.jpg

24152559157_3feee5006f.jpg

After C wanted another ‘big ride’ and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was a 45 min wait but that was the shortest wait we could see on the My Disney Experience app so off we went! Splash Mountain was down during our trip but that is a last ride of the day stop for us. I hate being wet so unless it’s raining we do wet rides last. We waited & rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It is not my favorite but it isn’t all about me and it is the wildest ride in the wilderness! We had really worked up an appetite so we stopped for lunch at Columbia Harbor House. I got the Lobster Roll and it was so good. My husband chose the Shrimp & Fish Combo & C had the Chicken Breast Nuggets. It was a good quick stop and filled our bellies. Every trip I have C’s silhouette done & took a few pictures in front of the castle. She grows so much in a year and it really shows in the silhouettes.

25207313868_1de688280b.jpg

38980680772_cb671a438e.jpg

27296278689_753a9d965e.jpg

38363777794_1e6b47ee45_z.jpg

Next was Pirates of the Caribbean. pirate: We we finished we stopped and watched the the show with Jack Sparrow. It was really cute and C loved it!

24152627287_e6128e00f1.jpg

25145868658_c9db8dc84e.jpg

39016323671_da37ffbb8f.jpg

25207298648_7b9060ac0d_z.jpg

By then it was time for our second fastpass+ Enchanted Tales with Belle. Guess who was chosen to play the Beast! :love: She was BEYOND excited and she rocked it! After she told me the cast member said the cape was the real Beast’s cape, they had shrunk it down to her size!

39016249411_33e62dd13b_z.jpg

38980524672_609c046788.jpg

38129690045_6b25c20ff3.jpg

She loved that! I booked my husband a fastpass+ for Space Mountain and C & I went to our fastpass+ for 'talking' Mickey Mouse at the Town Square Theater. We got our 3rd 'red card' of the trip. Cast Member's use the cards to measure the true wait of certain lines to better enhance the guest experience. 'Talking' Mickey Mouse did not disappoint. He sang C Happy Birthday! :bday: My husband never seemed interested in hearing Mickey talk so we have always skipped it. This year I told him he did not have to come but I was going! I am so thankful we had this magical experience before Mickey's voice is gone from this experience.

25207293978_de20321cab.jpg

24212855167_08c9f94def.jpg

38363881344_b6611101eb.jpg

25207391138_af9936971d.jpg

38980658822_d293c07aab.jpg

Finally it was time to change into our Christmas clothes because it was party time!!!! :santa:

27296256249_e842f7c94f_z.jpg

Up next... Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Last edited:
Day 6: Part 2, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party :santa:

38300464664_75cbb1998b_z.jpg

After checking in and getting our party bands the first thing we did was the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover. I wanted to relax an start the party fresh and this definitely rejuvenated us and got us excited. :hippie: At the end C got a glimpse of Nick Wilde & Judy Hops so off we went! This was actually perfect because she was so excited and handled the wait like a champ but it also served as a reminder of what she could be missing so this was our only character meet during the party. :hourglass The line wasn’t too bad, maybe 45 min. My husband did leave us in line to go ride Space Mountain and still made it back in time for the meet.

24152524707_4b095aa90a_z.jpg

38980624862_ab9a9a5950.jpg

After Nick & Judy we were heading to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train but stopped to ride Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin again because the line was short. The first time we rode we got a strangers ride photo so I made sure to find our correct one and scanned my magic band this time. I love having ride photos included in the Memory Maker! We purchase Memory Maker every vacation to always have all of our Disney PhotoPass memories!

38129693545_dd084d9158.jpg

Then we rode Seven Dwarfs Mine Train again. This time we went through the queue and C really enjoyed the little extra touches there. Plus she rode with me this time. She rode with her Daddy on the new rides the first go round.

38129773615_c4efa4e27b_z.jpg

By this time it was getting close to the first Once Upon a Christmastime Parade so we started walking to get a spot and found a pretty good one in Liberty Square.

39110491382_f64776714e.jpg

The only negative was there was a light illuminating the floats if we looked to far to the left.

38432515844_24df48fe34.jpg

A Cast Member was blocking us most of the parade so we just had to look around her. We were fine but the lady next to us, not so much. She was loud about the cast member getting in her way and her poor child suffered the most as she stood in front of him to film the whole thing. :sad2:
After the parade we hit up some of the party snack & drink stops. We got a snocone (ice with blue syrup) with soft ‘snowmen’ pretzels & hot chocolate with cookies. The pretzels were good but we used the snocone ice to cool the hot chocolate. We found a great spot for Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season Fireworks!

24281837847_0ec66f499a_z.jpg

38432937634_11a8c4ca1c_z.jpg

38432950604_2ea9fc2cd3_z.jpg

27363710369_5a228674b1_z.jpg

After the fireworks there was a huge traffic jam :crowded: to get behind the castle but we made it through and C wanted to ride It’s a small world since there was not a line. We were tired but
stopped for a few photos with the Lantern inspired MagicShot by the Rapunzel Tower before riding the Carrousel.

38980663712_88f02839b9.jpg

38129930565_18268bf488.jpg

25274922628_34abd4db27_z.jpg

38980655352_0a8d79d831_z.jpg

C tried to pull the sword from the stone to avail and we ended the night on the PeopleMover again.

39110494982_15a6932687_z.jpg

I’m so glad C loved the People Mover! It was the perfect ending to our last day in Magic Kingdom! On the way out the second parade was finishing up on Main Street. Absolutely magical!!!! :tink:

25274952248_c04d9dc9ff.jpg

39110505132_c0f8cd3777.jpg

39110499522_7e46900c5d.jpg

:santa:

39016285511_ea628ef96f_z.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter