“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got some good advice on the main thread regarding the meet and greets. Feel free to continue asking questions over there if you still need help with your plans.

A few other comments: I’d plan your dinner between 6 and 7 so you are not wasting any party time eating. Plan to do your Main Street magic shots and shopping as you exit the park.

In front of Casey’s is a great spot to watch the fireworks with minimal crowds and a great view of the projections. The hub will be mobbed for the early Hocus Pocus shows and first parade, so plan accordingly.
Thank you!

Gates were opened at 3:47. Inside getting wristbands at 3:50. Grabbed our treat bags and in line to meet Mickey by 4pm. Advertised as a ten minute wait but was a bit longer. After that we did our POTC fastpass, then JC fastpass, flying carpets, and just finished buzz light year FP. Getting on carousel of progress right now to get some ac and rest. Looks like storms are brewing

Just checked your forecast. 87 at 8pm, 78 at 10pm with light rain staring at 6pm and more rain around 10pm, so on the bright side it will cool off soon. Have fun!

It’s been calling for rain every night we’ve been here (at least at some point it has been forecasted) and we’ve had none yet! I am not dressed for rain but it will be welcome if it comes!!!

Ugh! So sorry to hear that! I'm melting in my AC home with hot flashes :sad2:

Yikes! It’s 39F back home where I live (I had to google that because I’m used to C) so this isn’t a heat I experience even in the height of summer! I can imagine you’re melting at home in your AC with these types of temps! On the bright side we are inside waiting for 7D now :)

Gates were opened at 3:47. Inside getting wristbands at 3:50. Grabbed our treat bags and in line to meet Mickey by 4pm. Advertised as a ten minute wait but was a bit longer. After that we did our POTC fastpass, then JC fastpass, flying carpets, and just finished buzz light year FP. Getting on carousel of progress right now to get some ac and rest. Looks like storms are brewing

Wow! They're getting closer to maybe 3:45?! I Hope, I Hope, I hope!!!

Copied and pasted this from the main thread in case anyone has comments for me :)

OK. So here is my crazy intense MNSSHP plan. We are attending the party on Tuesday October 2.

Just a disclaimer, it will be my boyfriend and I. We have been many times to MNSSHP and have met all these characters. If we do not hit something on our list, it is not the end of the world. I do usually have very intense party plans and I have managed to do an amazing amount of things before during one party. This is also our only Disney day so we have a few rides we want to do.

Arrive before 4 pm
Enter as soon as they allow us at the tapstyles.
Orange Bird SOTMK card and bypass.
Carousel of Progress
Pooh FP at 3:40-4:40 (I would rather have a FP for Peter Pan but they're all out right now, I will keep checking.
Philharmagic
Country Bears
FP for POTC at 5:20-6

I have no idea how long the above will take, we'll cut down the rides as needed.

Like to be in Elvis Stitch's line around 6
If we meet Stitch soon enough, then try to get in another characters' line before they come out at 7 like Lotso or Queen of Hearts and Tweedles
TTA
hit trick or treat lines along the way, also keep our eye on Space's wait time during the party. If it ever goes around 20 we'll probably try it out
Check character lines as we walk and trick or treat, end up in Adventureland since there are a few characters who traditionally have shorter waits there like the Tarzan crew and Jafar
Boo To You 9:15 in Frontierland, I always recommend the first parade. If you want a front row spot it can take just as long to camp for the first as for the second (unless you get lucky and have a very empty party).
Meet gravediggers before the parade.
Rush thru the bypass to Adventureland as the parade ends, check character lines and maybe do POTC at this point if we missed it earlier (we don't care about the 'overlay')
Hallowishes in the grass in front of Casey's, do a mobile order for some corn dog nuggets and get the Headless Horseman straw
Check on Tomorrowland characters, maybe TTA again if we need a break, check Space's wait
Teacups
end up in Storybook Circus at 11, try for characters there during the end of the party.

So what does everyone think? Crazy like a fox or just crazy.

I was at the party on Monday and this was our first one ever. I wasn’t sure what to expect but can say that it was awesome.

My boys had a blast trick or treating and I lived the allergy free options they had. The cast members gave handfuls and we had over 2 hundred pieces after the night.

The only issue we had was the fire works were delayed because of a storm and we left to go back to the hotel. Of course hey set them off after we were back at contemporary and didn’t see anything until it was over.

Parade was great. We didn’t wait for any characters because we wanted to ride some of the stuff we missed earlier. Great time ms and my boys want to go again.

Wow! They're getting closer to maybe 3:45?! I Hope, I Hope, I hope!!!
So if they are letting people in via the front entrance earlier do we think they are handing out armbands at the "inside the park" locations earlier too? I don't think I've seen any mention of them doing that at all.

Copied and pasted this from the main thread in case anyone has comments for me :)

OK. So here is my crazy intense MNSSHP plan. We are attending the party on Tuesday October 2.

Just a disclaimer, it will be my boyfriend and I. We have been many times to MNSSHP and have met all these characters. If we do not hit something on our list, it is not the end of the world. I do usually have very intense party plans and I have managed to do an amazing amount of things before during one party. This is also our only Disney day so we have a few rides we want to do.

Arrive before 4 pm
Carousel of Progress
Pooh FP at 3:40-4:40 (I would rather have a FP for Peter Pan but they're all out right now, I will keep checking.
Philharmagic
Country Bears

I have no idea how long the above will take, we'll cut down the rides as needed.

If we meet Stitch soon enough, then try to get in another characters' line before they come out at 7 like Lotso or Queen of Hearts and Tweedles
TTA
hit trick or treat lines along the way, also keep our eye on Space's wait time during the party. If it ever goes around 20 we'll probably try it out
Check character lines as we walk and trick or treat, end up in Adventureland since there are a few characters who traditionally have shorter waits there like the Tarzan crew and Jafar
Boo To You 9:15 in Frontierland, I always recommend the first parade. If you want a front row spot it can take just as long to camp for the first as for the second (unless you get lucky and have a very empty party).
Rush thru the bypass to Adventureland as the parade ends, check character lines and maybe do POTC at this point if we missed it earlier (we don't care about the 'overlay')
Hallowishes in the grass in front of Casey's, do a mobile order for some corn dog nuggets and get the Headless Horseman straw
Check on Tomorrowland characters, maybe TTA again if we need a break, check Space's wait
Teacups
end up in Storybook Circus at 11, try for characters there during the end of the party.

I'm not experienced enought to give an opinion but it is similar to what I planned so we may be both crazy or it's just doable. At least you are alone with your boyfiend. I'm with two kids and a stroller so you may be the crazy one but then I may be the fox.

I went tonight and the crowds were horrible. It was more crowded tonight for a "limited ticket" event then it was at 2 pm. On the bus home, someone said Disney decided to experiment tonight. They sold as many tickets as people would buy and did not allow the event to sell out. The lines for all the rides were 45 minutes long. You could not trick or treat because those lines went around the building. It was a miserable experience and I don't think I will be attending any other "limited" events.

I went tonight and the crowds were horrible. It was more crowded tonight for a "limited ticket" event then it was at 2 pm. On the bus home, someone said Disney decided to experiment tonight. They sold as many tickets as people would buy and did not allow the event to sell out. The lines for all the rides were 45 minutes long. You could not trick or treat because those lines went around the building. It was a miserable experience and I don't think I will be attending any other "limited" events.
Wow I'm sorry you had such a bad experience

Arrive before 4 pm
Carousel of Progress
Philharmagic
Country Bears

TTA
Teacups

I don't think it's too crazy! Your plan is similar to how we plan. We have our must-dos lined up and then everything else is see what fits in. \

I agree 100% with you about seeing the first parade! We used to always watch the 2nd parade but it's so late now that there's no time to do much after it. This year and last year we watched the first parade and got a front row spot 15 minutes before. We found the character and magic shot lines much more manageable than trying to squeeze it all in before fireworks and the 2nd parade!

I'm not experienced enought to give an opinion but it is similar to what I planned so we may be both crazy or it's just doable. At least you are alone with your boyfiend. I'm with two kids and a stroller so you may be the crazy one but then I may be the fox.

Here's to hoping for both of us. And good luck with your strollers.

Honestly, so much of it comes down to luck with the crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts