“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is Monday, DS's first day of summer vacation! WOOT! We put his Summer Survival box on the kitchen table before heading to bed so he'd have it first thing. Big mistake, his excitement woke me up at 7:30am! It's my vacation too, no more making breakfast at the crack of dawn, hen pecking him to get up and get dressed and being his personal chauffeur. I love summer vacation! After all the hugs and kisses I went back to bed! :faint:

I'm trying to decide whether to rent a car for the sole purpose of making transportation easier after the party. I'll have my two young sons and my (adult) brother with me. I figure my sons will be tired, and not sure if it would be less stressful to just get on the bus, or to monorail it to the TTC/parking. Even as I write this, I figure the bus is better, but just have concerns about wait time and I really want to reduce the likelihood of my sons having a melt-down.

I'm trying to decide whether to rent a car for the sole purpose of making transportation easier after the party. I'll have my two young sons and my (adult) brother with me. I figure my sons will be tired, and not sure if it would be less stressful to just get on the bus, or to monorail it to the TTC/parking. Even as I write this, I figure the bus is better, but just have concerns about wait time and I really want to reduce the likelihood of my sons having a melt-down.

When is your party and where are you staying? The bus isn't that bad of a wait depending on when you attend MNSSHP. From my understanding the monorail is under refurbishment and I have not seen a stop date for completion. If renting a car, which could be a nightmare in its own right, leaving the parking area could be just as bad as well as trying to find a parking spot at your resort. I recommend Uber, Lyft or the Disney Minnie Vans.

When is your party and where are you staying? The bus isn't that bad of a wait depending on when you attend MNSSHP. From my understanding the monorail is under refurbishment and I have not seen a stop date for completion. If renting a car, which could be a nightmare in its own right, leaving the parking area could be just as bad as well as trying to find a parking spot at your resort. I recommend Uber, Lyft or the Disney Minnie Vans.

We're going to the Oct 4 party, and as of now we're staying at AOA. If we do a car, I'd need to bring booster seats, so that rules out Uber, I think. I actually hadn't thought about traffic leaving the parking lot! Yeah, I think bus may be best.

We're going to the Oct 4 party, and as of now we're staying at AOA. If we do a car, I'd need to bring booster seats, so that rules out Uber, I think. I actually hadn't thought about traffic leaving the parking lot! Yeah, I think bus may be best.

How old are your sons? I'm not sure what's on your itinerary, what time you're leaving the park and that matters especially if you need to get to the buses asap. So if you're planning on staying to watch the fireworks I recommend watching them from the train station, same goes for the parade, both can be viewed perfectly and makes for an easy exist. As soon as the fireworks are over, move quickly to the buses and you'll be ahead of the mass crowds and will be able to secure seats for your ride. ;) If you wait, you'll be in long lines this has been reported many times.

EDIT: I could swear I read that Uber, Lyft and/or MM Vans has boosters. Since we no longer use booster seats I haven't been keeping up. I'll do some digging for links to help you make an informed decision.

Paid Parking Fee: Paid parking is coming to WDW resorts March 2018 - If you're not grandfathered in you'll be paying for parking $$

WDW Link MM Van Service: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/minnie-van-service/

Uber Thread (Current & Up to date): [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/everthing-you-wanted-to-know-about-uber-lyft-at-wdw.3443634/"]Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW[/URL]

Last edited:
Huh, I didn't even know the monorail was being refurbished. It definitely needs it.

Huh, I didn't even know the monorail was being refurbished. It definitely needs it.

Temporary Refurbishments and Closures

The monorail is under refurbishment until further notice and may have modified service or routes depending on park hours. You should check on the day of travel the best option to use. Alternative transportation options may be available.

Link: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm

Wait - the monorail is not working?

This thread is awesome!!
I'm going Aug 31st for the first time with my momma!
We´re both excited (me more than her) and I'm DYING to get a picture with Jack and Sally. That's top priority. I'll settle for any other characters I encounter later on and obviously the parade, Sanderson Sisters and Fireworks are also a must.
I hope that since I'll be there so early in the season that there wont be that many people.
If I read correct, they start letting you in at 3:30? Or is it at 4?

The Minnie Vans do offer boosters (2) but fair warning, the ONLY time we were unsuccessful getting a van was after MVMCP last year. I’d have a backup plan if you want to go this route.

Disney’s Festival of Fantasy Parade moves from 3pm to 2pm effective August 19, 2018
Oh my gosh. Has anyone noticed this will actually (somewhat, for a short time) JUSTIFY the "what time is the 3 o'clock parade?" question? :rotfl2::faint:

I know a PP asked but depending on the ages/how late you can stay, I'd recommend staying as late as possible in the park, unless that'd be an overload. Last year we stayed at Pop and watched the midnight stage show, then took a couple of pictures, and made our way out. It was not yet 1am and we were not on the last bus...and no lines were long at this point for resort buses. If you think waiting in the line will be more of a pain that slowly walking through the park and catching that last photo op or something then I'd say that time is better spent inside the park. Obviously this depends on how late you want to be out, but the bus lines will DEFINITELY be more insane after the fireworks, unless you wait a WHILE.

It was working just fine last week :)

Are all the routes working or just some? The DIS seems to be under the impression it's not at full service and they're not the only ones. Could you imagine not having any monorail service while staying at a monorail resort? That would totally suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!