Delete Thread

Shipwrecked Loaded Nachos - Black Beans, Cheddar Cheese Fondue, Sour Cream, Pico de Gallo, Guacamole, Shredded Lettuce, Scallions, and choice of Grilled Chicken or Seasoned Beef
These look amazing!

We were greeted and given some mimosas with blueberry boba balls.
So pretty!

Bacon and Egg Salad
Greens, Frisée, Quinoa, Avocado, Cherrywood Bacon Lardon, Pecorino Romano, Sherry Vinaigrette, Egg
I love the look of that salad.

On the way back to the table we witnessed a large group (of adults) throw those popping/smoking noisemakers on the ground while cheering and yelling.
What is with some people???

Vanilla Bean French Toast
Parker House Bread, Crème Brûlée Custard, Caramelized Bananas, Walnuts
This would be delicious!

Josh ran into some issues ordering as it seems they're less willing than they were to accommodate allergies (or at least his specific allergy), maybe because it was busier than before? But for the price of this brunch, I feel like they could offer the option to modify a couple of the dishes. But when he asked the waitress said: "you can have steak or an omelet".
Seriously??? I have allergies too and would be livid if I was spoken to like that. Certainly not the Disney standard. How hard would it be to do a GF french toast for example?

After we finished eating we still hadn't seen the waitress. In fact no one had even come over to refill our empty water glasses or ask us how anything was the whole time we were eating. At this point I felt like it was pointless to mention the steak since I didn't want a new piece, or to order anything else.
Worst service ever! I can't believe you guys had to deal with that. Paying $80/person with that level of service is just wrong.

I definitely wanted to love this meal, but I don't see us going back for brunch in the future. We have heard great things about the dinner lately, so maybe we'll try that out in the future. It's also is a beautiful restaurant, and I would love to go back and see HEA from the observation deck sometime in the future (we didn't end up going back that night because the rain didn't let up until later in the day so we didn't get to epcot until after 5 pm, and we knew we'd see HEA later in the week too).
Too bad your brunch experience was such a let down. I do hope you send an email because they really need to up their game.

We are booked at CG in August for a repeat brunch. Last August, it was up there with no be of the best meals of my life. That steak presentation at your most currently brunch was seriously lacking. We are a party of five, so, as you said, it’s a big investment. I’m actually waffling in the reservation because I don’t want to pay through the nose to be disappointed.

I really hope you find where or who you can complain to because that is just unacceptable! The brunch is pretty expensive to get steak that isn't served to your liking or allergy options that really aren't much of an option at that price point.

Unfortunately the forecast for this day also called for rain (though it wasn't raining yet), but we would be inside for brunch so that wasn't an issue yet. Our ADR was at 12 pm, and we arrived right on time. We were greeted and given some mimosas with blueberry boba balls.
I'm sorry you didn't have a good time, maybe it was the time of your reservation? I just came back from my second time there, we did a 10am reservation and had an amazing time.

Next we were directed to our seats though I was a bit disappointed with the location this time. We were against a wall and sitting very close to another couple who talked super loudly the whole meal. While being seated we were told us all about the things we could see from the observation deck (we were on the side closer to MK last year so this side was new to us), only to find when we sat down that the deck was closed.
That sounds like a bad table location. If you ever decide to go back try doing an earlier reservation. If you get put at a table you don't like you can ask to move and it's a lot easier since no one is there yet. That's a bummer about the the deck being closed. We went out on there on yesterday, it was interesting being able to see Epcot far off in the distance.

The deviled eggs were as good as they were last time
These are my favorite part of the meal.

but I wasn't crazy about the crepe suzette because of the orange flavoring. The pastries and biscuits seemed pretty average to me, but overall it did seem like they had the same amount of choices as last year though they changed a few items, I just wasn't crazy about the selection.
I tried a bite of my Fiances crepe and didn't like it. I've never had one before and wasn't a fan. I also tried a bite of his biscuit and felt it was really dry.

We noticed when we came back in that the restaurant seemed a lot more crowded overall than it had last year. I'm sure more people have found out about the brunch since then, especially since it was hard to get an ADR, but it seemed like they might be overbooking to us. On the way back to the table we witnessed a large group (of adults) throw those popping/smoking noisemakers on the ground while cheering and yelling. A lot of people looked startled and a few people said they thought they heard gunshots. I don't really know why the waiters let them do something so disruptive that could be mistaken for gunshots in a crowded restaurant.
That's crazy that someone would do that. They must have been drunk, but that behavior is so inappropriate for a restaurant.

But when Josh asked the waitress about GF options she said: "we don’t have anything separate for allergies because all our desserts come from a bakery so maybe we could bring you some fruit". Last year the chef came out and spoke with Josh, and tried to make him something special. It was a really beautiful dessert; well put together and tasty. This year we felt like the attitude was more well if we have to...we'll just throw something on the plate.
I would have asked to speak to the chef. Your waitress seemed rude and didn't want to be bothered.

I'm sorry you had such a bad meal there. I feel like so many Disney restaurants can be hit or miss. You should write to Disney and tell them about your experience.

What a bummer about the lack of GF options! We’re booked for August, I hope they can get their act together. I read recent Gf reviews of the brunch in which people were able to order the eggs Benedict on a GF roll and also the blueberry pancakes. Seems like your waitress just didn’t want to make the extra effort or something, how disappointing.

I do think my artsy mimosa picture came out better this time though :rotfl::
:thumbsup2
On the way back to the table we witnessed a large group (of adults) throw those popping/smoking noisemakers on the ground while cheering and yelling. A lot of people looked startled and a few people said they thought they heard gunshots. I don't really know why the waiters let them do something so disruptive that could be mistaken for gunshots in a crowded restaurant.
o_O What.
I will say I definitely miss the chicken cutlet entree from last year (it's since been taken off the menu), but it was incredible.
Which looked so good in your review!
Vanilla Bean French Toast
Parker House Bread, Crème Brûlée Custard, Caramelized Bananas, Walnuts
This does look pretty amazing!
But when he asked the waitress said: "you can have steak or an omelet".
Gee thanks! Like they really can't do anything else? :sad2:
After we finished eating we still hadn't seen the waitress. In fact no one had even come over to refill our empty water glasses or ask us how anything was the whole time we were eating. At this point I felt like it was pointless to mention the steak since I didn't want a new piece, or to order anything else.
That's frustrating. We had that issue a bit in September at dinner, like I just wanted some more water and our waiter only came back as we finished our entrees to ask about dessert. I don't remember if I got any more water now. But he spent a lot of time at the table next to us :confused3
But when Josh asked the waitress about GF options she said: "we don’t have anything separate for allergies because all our desserts come from a bakery so maybe we could bring you some fruit". Last year the chef came out and spoke with Josh, and tried to make him something special. It was a really beautiful dessert; well put together and tasty. This year we felt like the attitude was more well if we have to...we'll just throw something on the plate.
It would have at least looked better if they just poured the compote over the cake and skipped the blueberries. I have trouble imagining Disney doesn't keep something on hand in all the restaurants for allergy desserts!

What a bummer! I've been poking around to see if I could get a brunch reservation... I've got Homecomin' now so maybe I'll stick with that.

Oh man what a crappy experience! And the popper things? Nice going, adults :rolleyes: Sorry it was bad, especially for Josh. That was alot of eggs he had for his entrees. I guess you can look at it this way: since you won't be returning anytime soon, it gives you room to try new places!

I booked 10:15am

I texted you because I thought you’d see that faster :rotfl: but ours is at 1145 am...but we could be flexible and probably move it since we don’t have official plans...do you want to have brunch with us? (I’ll know by Sun if my boss okays it).

Papa Poutine Strikes Again!
Aka Flower & Garden Pt 1 & The Daily Poutine

I wasn't going to get this after hearing the reviews, apparently they really only served good ones to the vloggers who went on day 1, but I decided to try it when we got to the booth. I'm not big on ham, and the ham was definitely removable since it was barely attached to the roll but there wasn't much flavor without it. As much as I love cheesy bread, this was only okay. It wasn’t well made or melted much, and I'm almost 100% sure that was not a pretzel roll it was served on that day, but maybe they ran out? It didn't look or taste like one, and Josh was surprised to hear that's what it was supposed to be.
This is what I've been noticing, too. I feel the same way about the special events they do prior to the festival where people can try various samples. Those are all plated so differently than what you actually get at the festivals. Over the years I've done less festival eating.

Glad you finished on a high note after a disappointing start to the day - food wise .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!