•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Thank you. Is the functioning inventory different than what is declared?

Lets say you had a potential 100 units. Only 75% are declared. Is Disney only allowed to rent out(via dvc points) those 75 units? Are the remaining 25 unusable? Or are they used for cash reservations?
Disney only has to, in theory, allow the point bookings for the units (and the Vacation Homes contained) declared at that point. Those points are sold (owners) or developer owned (DVD). The owner and developer are in competition for those units together. As for the undeclared inventory I'm not sure who owns those (DVD or the Resort arm of WDW), but those just go to the cash side and no point consideration has to be given because they weren't apart of DVC yet thus had no points (actually there is some weird rules about MF too for the undeclared inventory where Disney doesn't have to fully pay on the undeclared side, but no worries they do have to make the DVC resort whole so not taking something). The deceleration is what creates points.

In practice there is a part of the POS that states Disney can give the Association access to units not yet declared but takes from the Association an equivalent point value of rooms to the cash side. But for CCV it seems that Disney did hold onto the undeclared inventory for some degree and didn't do this completely for CCV as evident by the last 2 declarations adding a bunch of inventory to CCV.

Thank you. I think I understand now.
sorry for the off-topic tangent.
Wife and I just bought points direct for CCV this past weekend(deposit). Wondered if we had made it in just under the wire.

Thank you. I think I understand now.
sorry for the off-topic tangent.
Wife and I just bought points direct for CCV this past weekend(deposit). Wondered if we had made it in just under the wire.
Pretty close to it being sold out for sure at this point. This most recent declaration added I think 15% of the points max (of which at max 13% can be sold since DVC has to keep 2% of each unit declared).

I am a little late to the party, but we are CCV owners. For page 1 purposes: jwsqrdplus2*June 2018*February.

We had our first trip planned for Oct 2019 in a 1-br (those studios are tough to get), and despite Galaxy's Edge, we were able to switch pretty close to the 7-month mark to SSR in a studio. Gained 3 nights and saved 15 points, so worth the switch to us. We have another trip planned for June 2020 celebrating 25th wedding anniversary, oldest daughter's college graduation and youngest daughter's HS graduation!

I am a little late to the party, but we are CCV owners. For page 1 purposes: jwsqrdplus2*June 2018*February.

We had our first trip planned for Oct 2019 in a 1-br (those studios are tough to get), and despite Galaxy's Edge, we were able to switch pretty close to the 7-month mark to SSR in a studio. Gained 3 nights and saved 15 points, so worth the switch to us. We have another trip planned for June 2020 celebrating 25th wedding anniversary, oldest daughter's college graduation and youngest daughter's HS graduation!

:welcome: and Congrats! Happy you found us! That’s great you were able to switch and extend your trip! As long as your happy!! Sounds like a great trip in 2020!!! So much to celebrate!! Thanks for posting your string, I added you to Page 1!

*WELCOME HOME!*

I am really hoping for another resort like SSR to be able to get in a studio when needed. I had no idea how hard at 11 months it would be to get a studio at Copper Creek. We never have problems at 11 months at Beach Club. Glad you were able to switch to SSR. We stayed there last year for the first time and asked for a room near the Disney Springs walkway. That was very nice to be able to just walk over there and not have to wait for a bus.

I am really hoping for another resort like SSR to be able to get in a studio when needed. I had no idea how hard at 11 months it would be to get a studio at Copper Creek. We never have problems at 11 months at Beach Club. Glad you were able to switch to SSR. We stayed there last year for the first time and asked for a room near the Disney Springs walkway. That was very nice to be able to just walk over there and not have to wait for a bus.

Strange. I haven’t had any issues so far booking at CCV. What month were you trying for?

Strange. I haven’t had any issues so far booking at CCV. What month were you trying for?

I looked at Presidents Day weekend on the day it opened up. But I was just testing it because of concern other other peoples commits. My actual trip 11 month window is next week, so I am 'pre gaming' to figure out how to make it happen. lol

A couple more random questions.
The floor plan of the grand villas indicates some stairs, but I'm having a tough time visualizing what the stairs access on the floor plan. None of the unit tour videos seem to show them. Unsure if they'll pose a problem for elderly relatives that might join us.
After seeing a bunch of unit tour videos, seems like every one showed what looked like bug(mosquito) spray as part of the bathroom amenities. I'm not noticed this in other resort properties. Is this something new wdw wide? Or is this confined to Wilderness lodge? My few visits there even at dusk I've not noticed mosquitoes, but it could be a time of year thing. In general doesn't seem very buggy compared to home where the mosquitoes will carry away small children(maybe that is exaggerated a little).

A couple more random questions.
The floor plan of the grand villas indicates some stairs, but I'm having a tough time visualizing what the stairs access on the floor plan. None of the unit tour videos seem to show them. Unsure if they'll pose a problem for elderly relatives that might join us.
After seeing a bunch of unit tour videos, seems like every one showed what looked like bug(mosquito) spray as part of the bathroom amenities. I'm not noticed this in other resort properties. Is this something new wdw wide? Or is this confined to Wilderness lodge? My few visits there even at dusk I've not noticed mosquitoes, but it could be a time of year thing. In general doesn't seem very buggy compared to home where the mosquitoes will carry away small children(maybe that is exaggerated a little).
I can answer your question regarding the stairs. There is no need to utilize stairs for the grand villas at CCV. The Villa itself is single story. The floor plan on DVC's website is misleading because the stairs that you see are actually outside the unit and simply one of the exits I believe on some levels, top floor is the only likely one, you might have that hallway that is shared with the steps, but as you can see on this website (https://www.dvcrequest.com/copper-creek.asp) going to the walkthrough you will notice no stairs and the lack of that hallway.

So in short the steps the floorplans show on DVC's site is just the steps of the WL.

I can answer your question regarding the stairs. There is no need to utilize stairs for the grand villas at CCV. The Villa itself is single story. The floor plan on DVC's website is misleading because the stairs that you see are actually outside the unit and simply one of the exits I believe on some levels, top floor is the only likely one, you might have that hallway that is shared with the steps, but as you can see on this website (https://www.dvcrequest.com/copper-creek.asp) going to the walkthrough you will notice no stairs and the lack of that hallway.

So in short the steps the floorplans show on DVC's site is just the steps of the WL.
Understood, thank you!
It is a little curious why they put them in the unit floorplan. :shrug:

Welcome and congratulations.pooh:

I am new at this forum stuff so excuse me if I repeat something already said. I agree that as new resorts open they will be the ones that people try to get in first, easing demand on CCV. My question would be what was it like with previous resorts? Did KWR and BLT go through the same growing pains? We joined DVC/CCV in August 2017. We love the place. It is family comfortable. But we have taken a different approach. Our plan is to use CCV for our big every other year family vacation since the larger rooms seem to have more availability and we will be planning these trips 11 months in advance. We just did our first family vacation the first week of December in a Grand Villa (awesome). The rest of the time when it is just the two of us, we want to do two 3 night trips a year at other resorts. So far we have stayed at BLT and PVB in 2018 and have booked BWV and AKL for this year. The AKL booking was the first one that I had to do at 7 months. Did that last week for mid October. The others were within the 7 months. I will add that we are both retired so we are more flexible about when we go.

Im afraid I'm drawing a blank on what KWR might mean but no other resort has had this type of booking issue while still in sales like CCV is having.

I think those stairs go top to bottom as a fire egress. I know they are on the third floor because I own .67% of that Grand Villa including the hallway and stairwell. I think I paid for a doorknob.:rotfl2:

I think those stairs go top to bottom as a fire egress. I know they are on the third floor because I own .67% of that Grand Villa including the hallway and stairwell. I think I paid for a doorknob.:rotfl2:

Definitely got your money's worth!! :laughing:

I looked at Presidents Day weekend on the day it opened up. But I was just testing it because of concern other other peoples commits. My actual trip 11 month window is next week, so I am 'pre gaming' to figure out how to make it happen. lol

It's not impossible to snag a studio for busy times but you need to be ready to go right at 8 am, have it set up before hand so all you have to do is click the button the very second it turns 8 am. I managed to snag one for Christmas week.

Im afraid I'm drawing a blank on what KWR might mean but no other resort has had this type of booking issue while still in sales like CCV is having.

My bad! Still getting used to these abbreviations. That would be Key West Resort but I see it should be OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter