•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Thanks for that! I appreciate it! Any idea of floor/where to ask for to get a Pool/Lake view?

DeerH

Not many direct lake views based on the positioning of the building. Decide if you want Copper Creek Springs pool view or Boulder Ridge Cove pool view (check out the resort map on page 1). I would personally want a higher floor, but then you have a chance of getting a dormer balcony if you are on the top floor in certain areas (which some don't like because you don't have a view unless you are standing). Perhaps 3rd/4th/5th floor and whichever pool view you like.

Not many direct lake views based on the positioning of the building. Decide if you want Copper Creek Springs pool view or Boulder Ridge Cove pool view (check out the resort map on page 1). I would personally want a higher floor, but then you have a chance of getting a dormer balcony if you are on the top floor in certain areas (which some don't like because you don't have a view unless you are standing). Perhaps 3rd/4th/5th floor and whichever pool view you like.

Thanks! We will be at CCV, so will ask for a middle floor (2nd,3rd,4th) and a pool view.. We just purchased CCV in September, and excited to stay
there! Can't wait!!!
DeerH

My DH and I are DVC owners at other Disney resorts but we got the chance to book a room in a CCV studio room for October 2018 and was hoping that someone could suggest a Bay Lake view room number to request. I noticed the 6th floor rooms have the dormer which obstructs your view when seated so I'm looking for a room on the 4th or 5th floors. In January we got the chance to stay at Boulder Ridge for the first time and got an awesome front on view of the lake and cabins. Any help would truly be appreciated. I love this thread!

My girlfriend and I stayed at CCV on our late January/early February trip. I had fond childhood memories of watching the Electrical Water Pageant from the balcony of our room when my family stayed at Contemporary once, and I wanted to be able to experience that again. I used Touring Plans room view tool to try to figure out what kind of room might be best, and I ended up requesting "5th or 4th floor, odd-numbered room with view of Electrical Water Pageant."

We were assigned room 5111, and we were quite happy with it. If the timing is just right (and on our very first night, it was), you get a great view of each float as it passes through the clearing in the trees when you look out towards the right. If you're even more obsessive about it than I am, you'll want to go down to the dock to watch it for a more unobstructed view. But it was great being able to just go back to our room around 9 and unwind while we waited for that great music to start playing.

I can't speak to the views on the other side of the building, but I will say that you should highly consider requesting an even-numbered room if you're the type that goes back to your room in the afternoon for a nap. Thankfully we aren't, but one afternoon we decided to, and the noise from the pool (they were playing a trivia game at the time, I believe) made it a little difficult. The pool on the other side is supposed to be much quieter.

You must just be beating us there, jealous- but we have to wait for my reffing season and our hunting season to end before we can go home

You must just be beating us there, jealous- but we have to wait for my reffing season and our hunting season to end before we can go home

Ugh... hate when real life gets in the way of Disney trips!!! LOL Hope you get back home real soon!!!!

My girlfriend and I stayed at CCV on our late January/early February trip. I had fond childhood memories of watching the Electrical Water Pageant from the balcony of our room when my family stayed at Contemporary once, and I wanted to be able to experience that again. I used Touring Plans room view tool to try to figure out what kind of room might be best, and I ended up requesting "5th or 4th floor, odd-numbered room with view of Electrical Water Pageant."

We were assigned room 5111, and we were quite happy with it. If the timing is just right (and on our very first night, it was), you get a great view of each float as it passes through the clearing in the trees when you look out towards the right. If you're even more obsessive about it than I am, you'll want to go down to the dock to watch it for a more unobstructed view. But it was great being able to just go back to our room around 9 and unwind while we waited for that great music to start playing.

I can't speak to the views on the other side of the building, but I will say that you should highly consider requesting an even-numbered room if you're the type that goes back to your room in the afternoon for a nap. Thankfully we aren't, but one afternoon we decided to, and the noise from the pool (they were playing a trivia game at the time, I believe) made it a little difficult. The pool on the other side is supposed to be much quieter.

Thank you for your suggestions! :)

How big is the fridge in the CCV Studios? I’m hoping it’s bigger than the standard fridges in non DVC Disney rooms.

Standard DVC studio size. Nice virtual tour from Dave’s:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=GaHRRu13qe5

Thanks! You can find the virtual tours for all the rooms on Page 1 of this thread! They were provided by Disney DVC when purchasing direct! They really are beautiful virtual tours and truly make you feel like you’re in the room!!! (Love the pillow they used for their company!! That’s a nice added touch!)

@DenLo I definitely think those virtual room tours are a great way to cure your Home sickness!!

I have a question for all you CCV and Wilderness Lodge fans. On the photo below, it lists different places at Wilderness Lodge. DH and I figured out all of them with the exception of one, Shady Point which is circled in red. Where is that place? It also seems strange to add Cubs Den to this print when it closed before CCV was built, although there are rumors that it might become an arrival departure lounge like they have at Aulani.

IMG_3781.jpg

I have a question for all you CCV and Wilderness Lodge fans. On the photo below, it lists different places at Wilderness Lodge. DH and I figured out all of them with the exception of one, Shady Point which is circled in red. Where is that place? It also seems strange to add Cubs Den to this print when it closed before CCV was built, although there are rumors that it might become an arrival departure lounge like they have at Aulani.

View attachment 311417
Great topic! I found Shady Point appears on the resort map as the general location of Geyser Point. I don't remember any references to it before the CCV construction.

I think Shady Point was the area that the walkway went through to get to the boat dock. They've cleared that area out but it still has the trees with Spanish Moss hanging from them as you walk to the boats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter