•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

@Best Aunt, we stayed in a dedicated 1BR, 6107 with no accessibility mods as far as I know, and it was configured exactly as yours. I think your armoire light switch must have been defunct. I don’t know what all goes into a hearing impaired unit but certainly visual smoke alarms (although that may be standard in commercial properties now) and maybe a visual doorbell?

Yes, the armoires should all have lights. They should go off when the door closes so something must not have been working correctly on BestAunt's and maintenance should have been given a call. Accessible features also do not allow unplugging or that could easily happen and no one might notice. Visual notifications are as you described. There used to be visual features on the phones too but I'm unaware if they followed that at CCV.

we booked a walk in shower room, have heard that most studios with tubs are first floor? Im thinking 4th floor or up may be nice. Thanks everyone!
Yes, every first floor studio we have seen has a tub. That leaves very few tub studios on higher floors (mostly the alternate studios.)

How are the beds?
I loved them. They might have been a little firm for my wife but they have a nice pillow top. Having two real queens in the second bedroom was a huge plus for us.

@Best Aunt, we stayed in a dedicated 1BR, 6107 with no accessibility mods as far as I know, and it was configured exactly as yours. I think your armoire light switch must have been defunct. I don’t know what all goes into a hearing impaired unit but certainly visual smoke alarms (although that may be standard in commercial properties now) and maybe a visual doorbell?

Yes, the armoires should all have lights. They should go off when the door closes so something must not have been working correctly on BestAunt's and maintenance should have been given a call. Accessible features also do not allow unplugging or that could easily happen and no one might notice. Visual notifications are as you described. There used to be visual features on the phones too but I'm unaware if they followed that at CCV.

Interesting! I didn’t realize it was a maintenance issue or I would have reported it. I did report the other maintenance issues (base of shower door leaked, tub dripped badly, ants).

we booked a walk in shower room, have heard that most studios with tubs are first floor? Im thinking 4th floor or up may be nice. Thanks everyone!

We didn’t request anything for our stay, but we were thrilled with our studio w/ walk in shower - #5123! We had a fantastic view of the high HEA fireworks and loved hearing the Copper Creek Falls from our room. The boat horns were the only drawback for us, but if you get up early it probably won’t be an issue.

upload_2018-9-12_22-52-26.jpeg

These pictures are making me want to head back to CCV now, but we might just have to make a longer trip next fall. Does anyone know when the Christmas decorations go up at WL?

are the alternate studios all tubs? does anyone know what floors these are located on?
We would love to see more pics, but 5115 and 6115 are both alternate studios with tubs. 4115 is said to be handicapped accessible, so it likely has a walk/roll in shower, but we have not seen it. I expect that all of the first floor alternate studios have tubs, and there are three on that floor because of the two at the end of the hall where the grand villas are on other floors.

I loved them. They might have been a little firm for my wife but they have a nice pillow top. Having two real queens in the second bedroom was a huge plus for us.

Good to know! I loved the beds in the Poly studio, I'm hoping they're pretty similar.

Not exactly Copper Creek related, but last night we went to the DVC Top of the World lounge for fireworks. This is a nice DVC direct member benefit, and it surprisingly wasn’t too crowded. (You’ve gotta love September...)
View attachment 350792 View attachment 350793 View attachment 350794

Looks like y'all are having an amazing time! I need to carve out a night at some point to do the TOWL, looks like a great vantage point.

Yes, every first floor studio we have seen has a tub. That leaves very few tub studios on higher floors (mostly the alternate studios.
So, I doubt it can be quite this simple, but is it possible that most of the dedicated studios have a tub and most or the lock offs have the walk in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!