0ne bedrrom old key west for 3 friends and 2 5y/o and 2 year old

Mflaherty

Mouseketeer
We are 3 college friend. 2 of us have kids and the third knows exactly what she is getting herself into. Lol will we be comfortable in a 1 bedroom at old key west? I only have 137 points for an April trip. Any other suggestions? 1 bedroom kidani better? I think a one bedroom at bwv(where I usually stay bc that's where I own) might be tight.

I think that would be doable. OKW is roomy which feels great. However if you could get Kidani or BLT one bedroom I think you might like having the extra bathroom plus you would still have the sofa bed and chair bed.

OKW is roomy but would try for AKL. That second bathroom would be great for three adults.

So would you choose the extra space at okw or the extra bathroom at AKV or BLT? Which is better transportation? I know BLT location is excllent(trying there end of August:))) first time as Dvc owners there) but he bout AKV and okw for distance to parks? Convenient restaurants? Overall feel? Maybe the kids might like the Animals. But the adults may like the laid back feel of okw:) thoughts?.

So would you choose the extra space at okw or the extra bathroom at AKV or BLT? Which is better transportation? I know BLT location is excllent(trying there end of August:))) first time as Dvc owners there) but he bout AKV and okw for distance to parks? Convenient restaurants? Overall feel? Maybe the kids might like the Animals. But the adults may like the laid back feel of okw:) thoughts?.
You're over the occupancy limit for any one bedroom. You need to look for a two bedroom or two studios.

You're over the occupancy limit for any one bedroom. You need to look for a two bedroom or two studios.
That's not correct. Since one child is under 3, they can book any 1 bedroom that has the sleeper chair - OKW, BLT, AKV except value room. I just tried it on the member website. It actually worked for any 1 bedroom except AKV value.

I'd go w/ Kidani for the extra bathroom. The pools and availability of food are better there as well.

Others have summed it up well. I just did a split stay OKW/Kidani one bedrooms a couple months back.

OKW- better space.
Kidani- two bathrooms.

Agree that in your situation I would opt for Kidani, because the one bathroom setup at OKW would be potentially very problematic for this travel party composition. The standard view one bedrooms at AKV are literally only a couple points more than OKW.

And don't forget that you run a significant risk at OKW of ending up in a third floor room with no elevators. No big deal for adults or older kids, but maybe a huge deal if you're lugging multiple strollers each way, every time you visit your room.

Don't get me wrong, I love OKW. But for your situation I would select AKV Kidani.

Remember when planning that with this travel party you are not able to book a value 1BR at Jambo. Simply not allowed; the system won't even give you the chance to try.

I neglected to say that Kidani also has room service which OKW does not. There were nights when that was a real plus w/ our tired grand-kiddos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter