1/19/18 -- Disney Dream Mouseketeers!

Happy Monday everyone! We only have 8 Mondays until our sail away party!!!party:

This weeks Forget me Not's are more of a what to forget type of thing.
I know that some of the items I will be listing today are going to seem like a, "Well that is obvious" kind of thing, but keep in mind that items on this list (and the ones on the complete list I will provide a link to at the bottom of this post) are similar to warning labels on items such as, " Do not use this blow drier while in the bath", "Do not climb on the railings" or even " Do not drink this poison, it may be hazardous to your health". These warnings and guidelines have to be added in print (be it on our cruise contract or the side rails of the boat) because someone out there already tried what we are being warned against. So, all though it may seem common sense to us, (unfortunately) not everyone has common sense. Also, I put in a few that are just down right entertaining (but on the forbidden list just the same).

Items that are not allowed on board:
- No weapons of any kind (shucks, I can not bring my loaded lazer cat.....SNL fans hopefully are laughing)
- Any pet aside from a service animal (see above)
- Realistic looking toy weapons
- Any non prescribed controlled substance (medical marijuana is included in the not allowed list)
-Power tools and tool boxes (I am guessing Bob the Builder has to find new luggage)
- Sporting equipment (this includes snow skis / poles, and fishing gear - you must do all of your deep sea
fishing on excursions only. The excursion operator will provide all of your gear)
- Kites, balloons, and pools (yes, pools are listed as not to bring)
- Wagons
- Bicycle, skate board, or any foot wear with wheels (and I am sure that if Back to the Future had actually
gotten the time frame right for our scientific advancements, hover boards [real Marty McFly ones] would be a no no as well)
- Rice cookers or hot plates (sorry you have to suffer with Disney's wonderful food)
- irons
- candles
- game stations
- Homemade or precooked food
- Personal Fireworks (I think this may have already been covered in weapons. If not, I think it should be
based on how I have seen some people use them)
- Lighting strings (ie: Christmas lights)
- Liquid Oxygen
- Power strips, extension cords, and surge protectors
- Any non-magnetic door decoration (this is a personal add on from me. The reason being, is that I witnessed
a teen decorate her cabin door with duck tape, and her parents were stuck with the steep bill of replacing the
door as a result. Oh and by the way, as an answer to the question of why didn't I stop her, when we were
walking by, the door was already 90% covered.)

A more complete list can be found here.
It also has a list of exceptions to the list with restrictions.

Happy packing!

~Tink~

FE List
Group 1
Pixiehallow
Frozen47 / Mickey4magic23
Chitownpnthr
daco123
Poohbear912
Chitownpnthr +1
Chitownpnthr +2
Mimi-Anne
Dory85​

Planned activities - SEE POST #10
( further down this page)

Meet and Greet

Mixology

any other suggestions
There has been a suggestion for at least 4 other types of exchanges -
recipe exchange

magnet exchange

ornament exchange

Wine Sampling

~Tink~
We are traveling on this sailing and would love to participate in the FE!

We are traveling on this sailing and would love to participate in the FE!
Welcome to the group AbbbyLeePAPD!!!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
I will be happy to add you to the group.
I am going to want to send you a PM (private message) with the list of what I need to get you added to the spreadsheet. The DIS boards have a rule about needing to make 10 posts before you can use the PM / inbox function. You are currently at 1, so you only have 9 more to go. They don't need to be long or anything, you can just say hi, or introduce yourself. You can even just count down to 10.

I look forward to planning with you , and getting to know you.

~Tink~

A note to all FEers:

We set out with the goal to have 10 cabins in our group, and the 10th family joined today!
So, unless there is a large percent of the group wanting to leave it open up to a certain date, our group is closed.
Going forward, I will start a second / late comers group.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

~Tink~

Happy Monday everyone! We only have 8 Mondays until our sail away party!!!party:

This weeks Forget me Not's are more of a what to forget type of thing.
I know that some of the items I will be listing today are going to seem like a, "Well that is obvious" kind of thing, but keep in mind that items on this list (and the ones on the complete list I will provide a link to at the bottom of this post) are similar to warning labels on items such as, " Do not use this blow drier while in the bath", "Do not climb on the railings" or even " Do not drink this poison, it may be hazardous to your health". These warnings and guidelines have to be added in print (be it on our cruise contract or the side rails of the boat) because someone out there already tried what we are being warned against. So, all though it may seem common sense to us, (unfortunately) not everyone has common sense. Also, I put in a few that are just down right entertaining (but on the forbidden list just the same).

Items that are not allowed on board:
- No weapons of any kind (shucks, I can not bring my loaded lazer cat.....SNL fans hopefully are laughing)
- Any pet aside from a service animal (see above)
- Realistic looking toy weapons
- Any non prescribed controlled substance (medical marijuana is included in the not allowed list)
-Power tools and tool boxes (I am guessing Bob the Builder has to find new luggage)
- Sporting equipment (this includes snow skis / poles, and fishing gear - you must do all of your deep sea
fishing on excursions only. The excursion operator will provide all of your gear)
- Kites, balloons, and pools (yes, pools are listed as not to bring)
- Wagons
- Bicycle, skate board, or any foot wear with wheels (and I am sure that if Back to the Future had actually
gotten the time frame right for our scientific advancements, hover boards [real Marty McFly ones] would be a no no as well)
- Rice cookers or hot plates (sorry you have to suffer with Disney's wonderful food)
- irons
- candles
- game stations
- Homemade or precooked food
- Personal Fireworks (I think this may have already been covered in weapons. If not, I think it should be
based on how I have seen some people use them)
- Lighting strings (ie: Christmas lights)
- Liquid Oxygen
- Power strips, extension cords, and surge protectors
- Any non-magnetic door decoration (this is a personal add on from me. The reason being, is that I witnessed
a teen decorate her cabin door with duck tape, and her parents were stuck with the steep bill of replacing the
door as a result. Oh and by the way, as an answer to the question of why didn't I stop her, when we were
walking by, the door was already 90% covered.)

A more complete list can be found here.
It also has a list of exceptions to the list with restrictions.

Happy packing!

~Tink~
I am new to the forum and starting to get familiar to it. We are also taking the same trip. Husband, myself and our little 9yr old princess.
I am interested in The fish extender programs. Would be my first time so any advise on how this works would be appreciated! :)

We will have a 9 year old girl on this cruise too!!

A note to all FEers:

We set out with the goal to have 10 cabins in our group, and the 10th family joined today!
So, unless there is a large percent of the group wanting to leave it open up to a certain date, our group is closed.

~Tink~
Yippee!!

Hi! My name is Abby Lee, and I’m a mom of 3 from alabama! We are taking two of our three (the youngest is just barely a year old!) on a WDW/DCL Trip in January and we can’t wait!

A note to all FEers:

~Tink~

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Abby- You are well on your way to 10. We are currently packing up, and I will be without internet for a short while. If I do not get the PM right out to you when you reach 10, I will send it as soon as I can.
Also, I think I have the birthday listed on the FE spreadsheet.
Keep up the momentum!!!

~Tink~

So
Hello Alicia. We are having our first Disney Cruise as well, and we will also be celebrating my kid's bday! (A couple of weeks after, but that is the reason for our cruise; to celebrate her bday). It will be such much fun!

We are sailing 3 days after my 31st— it’s the kids Christmas present, but I plan on celebrating my birthday!

Got motion sick on carnival, the bracelets with pressure points really helped!
Happy Monday everyone! We are down to 31 Mondays until we set sail.

This weeks Forget Me Not will keep your sea legs dancing, swimming, and exploring even when the deck is not a level playing field!

No, I'm not talking about a course in ship maintenance or suggesting that you bring your chiropractor along. Although if you happen to have experience in ship maintenance or you're a chiropractor, you will be the 1st person I track down if there is an unfortunate event (any place but Castaway Cay) - knock on wood - or my back goes out!

What I am building up to is something for motion sickness.

Things that work well without the drowsy effects of medication are, the behind the ear patch, motion sickness wrist band, and ginger gum, candy or cookies (warning about the ginger items. ..more is not better. Use ginger in moderation. Over doing ginger will upset your digestive system ).

If you do happen to forget to pack these helpers, guest services, dining room members, and the medical clinic usually have ginger candies to share.

A non-medical, non-pressure point, non-ginger helper is to remember to always keep a little bit of food in your stomach. Even if you don't feel like eating, you need to try. It will help.

Cast members have also gotten our boys up and moving around (doing jumping jacks or dancing). I am not sure why this works, but it does. Their stomachs settles down long enough for them to eat a bit.

Have a great week.

~Tink~
on

Happy Monday and Happy 4th of July everyone!

We have 28 Mondays until our cruise!
This week's forget me not is pirate costumes.pirate: ARGH!
Dressing up on pirate night is not just for the kids. Everyone gets into it. So if you are pondering over whether or not to get a costume for yourself because you are worried that you will be the only adult dressed up, then you can stop worrying. Not only do adults dress up, but some of them go more over the top than the kiddos.
My costumes have ranged from Tinkerbell, to a pirate fairy, to a regular pirate. And this year I will be a pixie pirate or a pirate fairy.
My family does not leave the pirate garb to just pirate NIGHT, we are in the pirating spirit all day. We all have our pirate themed shirts to wear during the day to help with our pirate mood.
View attachment 248590View attachment 248591
View attachment 248589
Have a great week!

~Tink~
I usually do well with a theme, but having three girly girls Pirate theme is def tricky! Love the tinker bell idea!

I usually do well with a theme, but having three girly girls Pirate theme is def tricky! Love the tinker bell idea!
Try watching Tinkerbell and the Pirate Fairy. You can get some good costume ideas!
By the way great job getting to 10. I will get a PM out to you shortly.

~Tink~

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. During this season of thanks, I hope you have much to celebrate and be thankful for (in addition to being able to take a Disney cruise).
For those that will be venturing out here in a few hours for shopping mania, be safe, have fun, and use some of your learned Disney skills. Most specifically the rope drop rule - Run pushing and shoving. That's the Disney way!

~Tink~

Happy Monday everyone!!!
We are down to only 8 Mondays until our cruise. Who's packed? :wave:

Well, whether you are or aren't, I am sure you could use a break from the holiday mayhem.
So, I have prepared a Forget Me Not that will work for all of your holiday fun as well as our vacation.

This weeks Forget Me Not is Your Appetite!
:cake::stir:popcorn:::mickeybar
As with most cruises, food is in abundance aboard the Dream, but this is Disney, so you know that there won't only be a lot of it, you know it will be good!

The eating starts as soon as you get on board. You have your choice of venues for your first vacation meal (and whether you have eaten already on that day, or on your journey to the boat, this is still your first vacation meal. What is so great about a vacation meals? No Calories of course!!!!!). A majority of the cruisers will head up to Cabana's for their first taste of Disney (which will be open from the time we board until about 3). While up on the pool deck (not far from the Buffet), you will find Flo's Cafe - home to 3 food stations—Luigi's Pizza, Tow Mater's Grill and Fillmore's Favorites - where you will find just about anything you are looking for from healthy fast food choice with things like paninies, salads, and fruit to traditional comfort foods like hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, chicken, and pizza. Don't forget to save room for desserts. You will be able to find your frozen treats at Eye Scream, or you can most likely find me along with a large variety of sugary goodies at Vanellope's Sweets and Treats!
Your final option is a sit down meal in one of the main dining rooms. I am not sure which one, but it will be listed on the Navigator you are given at check in, or you can ask any cast member for directions.
You are going to want to give you body a chance to digest all that lunch and go out and exploring the ship before dinner, because that is where we will get a grand 3 course meal (well not including the breads). No matter where you are assigned for dinner the first night, rest assured you will get a tummy full. And by the way, here are a few dining room tips: if you see more than one thing you are interested in, don't be afraid to ask to try both (but be warned you will get a full helping of each, and every waiter we have ever had was clearly raised in a 'clear your plate' type household); and, if you have an allergy that you have not previously notified Disney about, don't worry, you still can notify your server or the Matre de (another warning though. If your allergy is one that you can take medicine for, such as a dairy allergy, and you still want to have that food item, do not alert them about this allergy [for example, I am allergic to lactose and dairy solids, but I love ice cream and chocolate. Thankfully, I have medicine that I can take that allows me to have as much as I want of each of those unlike my fish oil allergy that makes any great surf and turf options a no go]). Your servers will not let you order anything that contains your food allergy item in it (even if you have medicine for that allergy). On the other hand, if you can not take medicine for it, please do notify them straight away. I would also recommend asking to speak with the head chef in the Buffet, and Palo (if applicable).
The next morning will bring around more dining options (which will be repeated on all except for 2 of the remaining days). For breakfast, you can choose from room service (no charge, but tips are recommended), formal dining room, or buffet. Your Navigator will tell you the operating hours for each option. Then for lunch, all 3 of those options are available again, plus the 3 offerings up on the pool deck, and the Quiet Cove Cafe.
Then for dinner, we again are back to our rotational dining. You can also dine at the buffet, room service, pool deck, or Palo for dinner. We have been known to have our family movie night out on the pool deck with some pepperoni pizza.
The only 2 days that will be different, will be the day that we are at Castaway and debarkation day. On the day at Castaway, you will have the added option of eating at Cookies BBQ on Castaway (no additional charge). Which is the best BBQ (asides from Animal Kingdoms Flame Tree) East of Texas. The other difference is our last morning on board (which we only have the option of the formal dining room for breakfast- which will be in the same dining room you ate at the night before).
Now if you are a Hobbit, and are used to Early Breakfast, Early morning snack, second breakfast, mid morning snack, early brunch......you get the idea..... you will be fine. However, if you are not, you may want to pace yourself. I was once told a typical cruiser gains 5 pounds a day on a cruise. I have yet to experience that, but I can see how it would be possible - if any of the vacation food had calories!!!!!

Have a great week.
~Tink~

FE List
Group 1
Pixiehallow
Frozen47 / Mickey4magic23
Chitownpnthr
daco123
Poohbear912
Chitownpnthr +1
Chitownpnthr +2
Mimi-Anne
Dory85
AbbbyLeePAPD​

Planned activities - SEE POST #10
( further down this page)

Meet and Greet

Mixology

any other suggestions
There has been a suggestion for at least 4 other types of exchanges -
recipe exchange

magnet exchange

ornament exchange

Wine Sampling

~Tink~
Hi! this will be my first time cruising with Disney, and I was wondering could I still participate in the FE?

Hi! this will be my first time cruising with Disney, and I was wondering could I still participate in the FE?
First things first, welcome aboard!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
How exciting to be planning your first Disney cruise.

Now as for the FE, we did just close our 1st group, but don't fret. You are the first member of the late group.
So, the work begins to get you set to join the FE. To share personal info via Private Messaging, DIS boards require you to have 10 posts to use the inbox function. This is not a huge task. You can just introduce yourself, say hi, ask any questions that you are wonder about, or just count down to 10. I promise it won't take to much time, because you will need that to get packing!!!!

~Tink~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts