• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1 Bedroom questions

Tigger2ntinkerbell

DIS Veteran
I know it's go to the Resort you Love the most, BUT :) I have know idea what to look for in a DVC 1 Bedroom.

Is it Resort location that should matter most??
Or is it where at the Resort the Room is located??
Closest to a Restaurant or Monorail.

I know we all have are own personal reasons why we love staying at this Resort or that Resort. But never staying a 1 bedroom I feel out of my element :scratchin

I'm looking at going in 2015 the later fall(never been at Thanksgiving Week) or maybe just before Christmas week, just DH and me, so if you have the points and had the time off work, WHERE would you stay, and Why :love:

Would love to hear your thoughts and opinion. TIA :wizard::wizard:

for a 1BR? probably kidani for the atmosphere/theming and the fact that you get a sleeper chair and an extra bathroom.

edited to add: BLT has a similar setup if you have young children and will be spending a lot of time at the MK.

I know it's go to the Resort you Love the most, BUT :) I have know idea what to look for in a DVC 1 Bedroom.

Is it Resort location that should matter most??
Or is it where at the Resort the Room is located??
Closest to a Restaurant or Monorail.

I know we all have are own personal reasons why we love staying at this Resort or that Resort. But never staying a 1 bedroom I feel out of my element :scratchin

I'm looking at going in 2015 the later fall(never been at Thanksgiving Week) or maybe just before Christmas week, just DH and me, so if you have the points and had the time off work, WHERE would you stay, and Why :love:

Would love to hear your thoughts and opinion. TIA :wizard::wizard:

Only you know what's important to You. The only way to find out what each resort is like is to stay at them all. We did split stays for a few years until we decided on our favorites.

Our yearly vacations are at the beginning of December with another week or two tossed in during the cooler months.

We stay at VWL or VGF for our MK vacations and at BWV for our Epcot/DHS vacations. AKV for AK vacations and SSR for DS/DTD vacations.

:earsboy: Bill

I'd avoid Jambo because you have to step into the Jacuzzi tub to take a shower.

The extra bathroom in the Kidani and BLT 1BR units won't matter as much for a couple (really, really nice with kids, though)

I'd recommend location(s) you would frequent, ie parks, restaurants, DTD..

Just you and DH...you could stay at any as far as room size, layout and amenities go. AKV and BLT 1BR villas have an extra bathroom. OKW is the largest with a full sized dining table and walk in laundry room. You could look at conserving points. AKV- value (only has 1 bathroom) or AKV- standard view (has 2 bathrooms at Kidani)...OKW and SSR and BWV-standard view are your best deals for saving points. However, you did say 'if you have the points and the time...around Thanksgiving or early Decemeber'...then I might try for VWL as it is gorgeous when decorated for the holidays. We like BWV and BCV for walking to Epcot and they are also nicely decorated for the holidays. We just did AKV last Xmas with DH's family and it was nice (my fave resort for just the resort itself)...but I still think I'd go with VWL, BWV or BCV...and, maybe, VGF if you have a ton of points (that's stunning when decorated for the holidays). Those would be my 4 to try for...if you can get standard view at BWV that would be my #1 choice.

It depends on what kind of trip you have in mind. We usually book 1BRs because we like to relax at the resort as well as hit the parks on our stays.

We like AKV/Kidani for the animals, the atmosphere and the restaurants.

We like BWV because we enjoy being able to walk to/from Epcot, especially during the F&W festival. We like to stroll around the lake in the evening and take in the boardwalk entertainment too.

We like BLT because it's so convenient to walk to/from the MK. Unfortunately the living area furnishings in the 1BRs there are hard as a rock (DH compared sitting on the sofa to sitting on a hard wooden bench) so it's not a good resort for hanging out in the room.

We own at AKV - Kidani Village, But I love OKW. My Husband loves BWV and being close to Epcot. Never been to VWL . Kind of leaning to go after Thanksgiving now :laughing: and before Christmas.

We don't mind a value view ,as long as it's not a loooong walk to the room. I like the rooms with a garden view, but DH likes to watch people. Saving points for a longer trip is always an opinion :).

Keep your comments coming. TIA :grouphug:

for a couples only trip, i'd be a cheapskate and get a studio.

for a 1BR for a couples trip (especially as an AKV owner), i think the 1BR value villas at AKV-jambo house are a great deal. they are also all near the front of the building, so no long walks.

but it depends on what you like and what park(s) you'd like to be closer to. the activity of the boardwalk or more seclusion (and more space) at somewhere like OKW...

How about a weird one - least hassle.

We own Boardwalk. We almost always stay at Boardwalk. It isn't necessarily my favorite resort (I like VWL), but I book it at eleven months and then don't worry about if my room will be available or if I'll be waitlisting and I don't need to bother to make another call or go on the website and switch. And its "home"- we know it, we know the area.

For the time of year you are going (between Thanksgiving and Christmas), rooms book up quickly and you may need to use your second or third choice.

If it was just the two of us I'd go to BCV, BWV or WLV in a 1 bedroom as we can't do a 1 bedroom there are our two boys won't share a bed without WW3 so we always go places with a sleeper chair.

I was able t get a 1 Bedroom Value at my home Resort AKV For our Dec trip(14-19,2014) .:santa:
I was very happy about being able to get it, and I was really looking forward to going.

AND then my DH says lets see what comes up at the 7 month mark :scared1: and see if we can get the preferred studio at BWV.

WHAT???? .:confused:
I thought everything was fine and now I'm just feel deflated. :sad1:

Has this ever happen to anyone else ??. Feeling Blue...

If it was just the two of us I'd go to BCV, BWV or WLV in a 1 bedroom as we can't do a 1 bedroom there are our two boys won't share a bed without WW3 so we always go places with a sleeper chair.

I second this. AKV is great, but far away from everything. The BWV/BCV area is lively, yet not noisy. Can walk to Epcot if you want, but even walking around in the area and eating something is great. I'd definitely do the 1-bedroom if you can swing it.

I second this. AKV is great, but far away from everything. The BWV/BCV area is lively, yet not noisy. Can walk to Epcot if you want, but even walking around in the area and eating something is great. I'd definitely do the 1-bedroom if you can swing it.

More than likely we would be able to do a 1 bedroom at BWV ,but I had my heart set on AKV.

Happens to me too. When I'm able to get the standard view rooms at BWV, I loath having to give it up for something else at 7m. What about a split stay? That's how we end up compromising.

I was able t get a 1 Bedroom Value at my home Resort AKV For our Dec trip(14-19,2014) .:santa:
I was very happy about being able to get it, and I was really looking forward to going.

AND then my DH says lets see what comes up at the 7 month mark :scared1: and see if we can get the preferred studio at BWV.

WHAT???? .:confused:
I thought everything was fine and now I'm just feel deflated. :sad1:

Has this ever happen to anyone else ??. Feeling Blue...
Well, you have 2 other options.
1- If your DH leaves all the booking/planning up to you, like mine does, then "accidentally" wait a little too long past 7 month window to check availability...and, oops, no BWV studio available.
2- Tell your DH that you guys are going to try something different and go for VWL if it's available.

Or you could do the split stay someone else mentioned. I feel for you as I too LOVE AKV and we just had our 1st stay there and DH wasn't impressed like I was...he hated busing to everything and just loves being able to walk to parks. Since that trip, when discussing upcoming plans my DH also turns his nose up to AKV and just wants BWV or BCV. And for my Aug girls only trip (me and 2 DDs) I let DDs pick where they wanted to stay (I was thinking BLT as they never stayed there, just DH and I did). One DD chose SSR and the other BWV...I was happy about the BWV (I do like it there) but SSR is the bottom of MY list. But, I booked a split stay at both to please my girls and it'll be fun and a different trip (without DH and DS). Looking forward to eating at Raglan Road too and probably will do lunch at Downtown as well.

Just DH and I... BWV - BW view. For the atmosphere and walk to Epcot for lots of PM activities both at the boardwalk and inside Epcot.

Same reasons maybe SSR for activities at DTD as by late 2015 a lot of the reno should be done and we had a great time there this past trip (DTD bar hopping)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter