• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1 wdw splurge?

I'd never try to talk you out of club level. I'm a fan myself, but as for you saying it would be worth it just for the alcohol, I have to disagree. Club level can cost anywhere from 150- 350 extra for standard size rooms lately versus the same room type non club. There is no way one person is getting that value in alcohol. It's not a full bar situation. There are several types of beer, usually a cider, some relatively modest wines. These are only out from 5-7 in the evening. Any other time you have to request them. Some clubs burst out a bottle of bubbly for breakfast mimosas or during appetizers, but it's like one or two bottles for everyone. There are evening cordials, but how much Grand Marnier can a person drink 🤢. Most clubs have a stash of hard seltzer or a bottle of vodka for mixed drinks by request, but those things are monitored and you have to ask.
Specifically for your statement about alcohol for one, you would do far better to just buy some bottles in the resort convenience shop. There's more variety there as well as some higher end items you won't find in the club lounge, and you don't need anyone's permission to have a (large) pour whenever you like.
lol this all sounds so lame. Thanks for the info.

If I had to choose just one extra paid activity at Walt Disney World, I'd go for the Fireworks Dessert Party. It combines delicious treats with an amazing view of the fireworks, making it a memorable splurge!

My biggest splurge is I think discontinued. It was called the Sunset Savannah tour at AKL, a 1 1/2 hour tour of the savannas of both Jambo and Kidani followed by Family Style dinner at Jiko's. Come to think of it, it's been so long that the first time I did it Kidani was being built, so we only toured the Jambo savanna. Less costly was "Lunch With An Animal Keeper", which I also loved, it was held in a private alcove at Sanaa, also Family Style, with an animal keeper from the resort. That too has been discontinued, but the last CM I spoke with said that it "may" come back.🤞

My biggest splurge is I think discontinued. It was called the Sunset Savannah tour at AKL, a 1 1/2 hour tour of the savannas of both Jambo and Kidani followed by Family Style dinner at Jiko's. Come to think of it, it's been so long that the first time I did it Kidani was being built, so we only toured the Jambo savanna. Less costly was "Lunch With An Animal Keeper", which I also loved, it was held in a private alcove at Sanaa, also Family Style, with an animal keeper from the resort. That too has been discontinued, but the last CM I spoke with said that it "may" come back.🤞
Wow- both of those would have been awsome to do.
You’re so lucky you got to do those!
I hope the “Lunch With an Animal Keeper” does come back!!! 🤞

Before we bought DVC, Poly club level hotel stays were a “worth it” splurge for us. One you factored in the cost of meals we no longer had to buy, plus the convenience and fun of it? Totally worth it!

We’ve been very fortunate to have been able to do quite a bit on the splurge list.

Two things I’ve always wanted to do:

1) VIP tour with a plaid
2) Club 33 at DLR- we looked into membership at one point but it seems almost impossible with the waiting list.
I've done Club 33 and it was very cool. DW's BFF works for So Cal Gas and SCG has a membership - from there I don't know details how we rated, but glad we did. We've sat in the SCG seats at an Angels game a couple of times and that's very cool too. You are on screen on TV when a righty bats. I guess it's pretty easy money selling natural gas to Southern California because they have all the perks.

Absolute, impossible (?) dream wish would be a stay in the dream suite above POtC in DL. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disneyland_Dream_Suite

ONE AND DONE 🫤

- Wild Africa Trek- I am glad we did this once, but I don't think we would do this again. Our guides were fantastic, and that was probably the best part. The hippos weren't in the mood to be fed, which is fine (I appreciate that Disney doesn't force anything on the animals to make tourists happy), but without that, I felt like really what we paid for was the suspension bridge and lunch. The part in the truck was very simlar to the regular safari for us. The lunch was good, but besides me, nobody in my party ate everything (one doesn't like seafood, one doesn't like meat, etc.) So while it was a cool experience for someone who has been to WDW many times, I was kind of underwhelmed for the price we paid. By all means, give it a try if you haven't done it yet though! I don't regret it, just wouldn't do again at that price.

- MK After Hours- This was probably more a problem with our party as we had some ticket issues that took up 45 minutes of our "after hours" to get straightened out. It was super cool to be in the park with it so empty, but still, the whole event flew by and we just didn't feel like we got our money's worth. Never enough time I guess! We will stick to staying deluxe and making do with the after hours. I have heard that the DHS one is much better though so YMMV.
I am totally on board with Wild Africa Trek - if it was at Caring for Giants prices. Both are massively overpriced for what you get IMHO.

We did a Mickey's Not-so-Scary party at DCA and swore never again. Lines were LONG and we ended up not riding anything. We got candy but we could have stopped by Target and bought candy at a fraction of the price. It was so late the kids tried their best but got pretty cranky. DD realized we had not ridden any rides on the tram on the way back to the parking lot and lost it. Sure, there have been lots of stories about really good after-hours events, but there are no guarantees and we have such bad PTSD from the one we did. Hard pass - thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter