1 Year Old in Disney

Definitely take advantage of the baby centers at each park - they are such a life saver and you will love the big changing tables after wrestling with the ones in the bathrooms!

Renting a stroller from kingdom strollers was the best! Great convenience and awesome stroller (City Mini GT).

Pack extra laundry detergent, I wasn't planing on doing laundry, but when our 15 month old got the stomach flu it sure was expensive to purchase at the gift shop.

Bring a sippy cup to have at all times to make sure babe is hydrated.

Either pack an extra crib sheet, or ask housekeeping for an extra sheet before you go to bed the first night. Waiting for housekeeping to bring a clean sheet in the middle of the night is no fun at all if you end up needing one.

Back pack for diaper bag was ideal.

I love 1 yo at Disney!

A few thoughts in addition to what’s been mentioned:
First hair cut at Harmony is our favorite 1st birthday memory with our son. You get a certificate, his little locks were wrapped up for me (with pixie dust optional ), and he got mouse ears and tons of stickers. It was super cute.

Boardwalk bakery will do a cake for you. I did one for breakfast delivered to our room. We had little party supplies and did “smash cake” pictures in the room instead of him being a mess at a restaurant. Immediate bath afterwards!

Our trip with our 1 yo was not as dramatically different than our prekid trips like I expected (3,4 etc is a different story).

We also did well planning really early dinners, keeping his bathtime on schedule, then putting him in his jammies and walking the boardwalk/Epcot for an evening drink! It’s a fun age to have them there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter