10/28/06 Le Cellier

PaDisneyCouple

DIS Veteran
Date: 10/28/06
ADR's: Yes, 11:50
Arrival: Around 11:40
Wait: Had to sit for a few minutes, not even long enough to be given a beeper.
Server: Steph R. She provided us with interesting information on Canada. Her prompt answers to our questions showed excellent knowledge of the menu. We also liked how she kept the meal moving. Some might not have liked it, but we enjoyed how she took our desert order near the end of our entrees. And that she took my card to ring up the bill as she presented us our deserts. DW and I tend to fall off the edge of the earth sometimes, especially near the end of our meals out. Its like we have the power to become...invisible.
Atmosphere: Low lighting, Lots of exposed wood.
Beverages: Vanilla shake for me! Nice size. Good vanilla flavor. DW had the Niagra Refresher, which I sampled. Also tasty.
Food: Shrimp cocktail for your reporter. Served in a bowl with chop sticks. I decided to go for it, and used the chop sticks. I successfully ate the cocktail without incident. Salmon Timbale for DW. She didn't like it much. I recall she mentioned something about not liking the flavor. Petit Filets all around for the main course. A better steak than what I had at CaG the night before (this one was nice and warm/hot). Size about 5 ounces, I'd guess (CaG was about 7-8). We both liked the smaller portion.
Desert: Both feeling stuffed by this time, so I went with the creme brulee duo. Half maple flavored, half vanilla. Nice, small, and lighter. DW went for the Chocolate Moose (off the children's desert menu). It was chocolate mousse, presented to look like a moose head. I should've taken a picture.
Noise: Not too bad, and the place was almost full by the time we left around 1245. Several parties waiting to be seated at the check-in stand.
Again: Yes.
fyi: our server did state that it is the 2nd busiest sit-down on property. Fills up for dinner 6 months out, lunch at 3 months, we were told.

Thanks for the great review. we're going in 3 weeks and have never eaten here. Now we have something nice to look forward too. :cool1:

Great review. I also tend to fall off the end of the earth around the end of the meal..I'm glad your server did what she did about the check. I've gotten very proactive, in that I have my room card out about the time they bring dessert around.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter