102% booked

Maybe the solution is to let them offer an upgrade to a resort reservation at the Wilderness Lodge and get the free dining? Just as long as they let me park the trailer near one of the storm drains and then provide a tap into the sprinkler system for water and put a 30-amp connection on a nearby light post. They can keep the complimentary bed-bugs, thanks!:thumbsup2

:lmao:

Let me know if that works for you, I'll be next in line.

I will be right behind both ya'll. That is why we own a camper.

We had booked 5 days in the only Preferred Pet Loop Site 300 and when we arrived we were bumped to a Premium site in Loop 500 because they overbooked. I'm fine with that so long as I get a good site above what I paid for. I'm working on a trip report and hope to have one shortly. It was a good trip starting out with the bump up.

Personally, I would never spend another vacation in a hotel. When you get right down to it, our TT has as much space as a hotel room, all our stuff is already packed, and I get campfires as a bonus.

I would love a trip to the Fort, but we'd spend a week traveling there and back. There's no way we'll see a 2-week vacation this year, maybe jobs will have settled enough to look at 2011. :worship:

i was there for christmas 2008 through new years till jan 2nd. i tried to get on the wiating list which they were over booked also. i heard alot of rumors while i was there. i was trying to get an extra 3 nights. they kept telling me they were overbooked. however the day we were going to check out we got a phone call at 830 saying we could stay.
the night before they had told me they were over booked and they were going to be giving people options. waiting in the parking lot till a site came available with a hotel upgrade. and also possibly refunding their money and sending people to a koa and starting bus service to and from the campground. however i never saw any of this happen. i guess they had enough cancellations.
of course alot of people in my loop were talking and this is what the rumors were.
a big camping group reserves a ton of sites for their own group and cancels alot every night. and if disney is overbooked they can take some sites back from this group.this is an agreement disney has with some camping group. once again that was a rumor i heard from someone who was staying in the loop for a couple of months.
the other was while they were telling me i could not get a site a new camper set up next to me. i asked him when he got his spot and he said he just drove up. he said he walked in and asked them for a site. they said they had none. he said he was going to wait in the parking lot to put him on the waiting list. he said he did this about once a month because he lived an hour from the fort. however he said it was less than 30 minutes and he was issued a site.
once again this was all rumors that were told to me by people in surrounding sites. i did no fact checking. somehow though disney always seems to make it work. i am sure they have escape plans

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter