131 by the time I'm 31

The_Alice

Xavier Atencio is my hero!
Hello all! This is my first WISH journal, so if I am posting in error or making a faux pas please let me know.

I recently spiked at 172 lbs just before our cross country move. In the past 6 weeks I have lost 10 pounds, but I am only 25% of the way to my goal weight. I am just looking for more people to talk to about this as my husband (great and supportive as he is) probably gets a bit tired hearing about my constant battle with the scale and tape measure.

A brief history. I am a previous dancer, my emphasis was musical dancing and I did stage work from my early teens into my early twenties. I also studied ballet, ballroom, tap, jazz, modern, and hip hop. I used to instruct jazz and help train younger dancers on how to audition and learn routines for shows.

But, then I got married, and had 3 pregnancies in 2 years. And no one warned me what that does to your metabolism, YIKES! I was used to eating whatever I wanted due to constantly working in the studio and the gym. I had never learned really good eating habits as there had never been a need. So over the course of several years (8 to be exact) I put on 30 pounds.

I am not looking to weigh what I did when I was dancing, 115, but I would like to hit 131 by July 3rd, my 31st birthday.

My goals are simple, I want more energy for my kids and family. I have a special needs son and that takes a lot out of me. I would like to be around to see my great grandchildren and be a grandma like my two grandmothers who are both there in years and still very active. I guess I just want to head this off at the pass before it gets out of hand and I really have a battle royale on my hands. And yes, I want to look good in my clothes. Who doesn't.

So hopefully I haven't bored you too much. If you have any tips, recipes, workouts you love, etc. feel free to post. I am new to all of this and the community here and love to learn.

Thanks for reading!:thumbsup2

Welcome. I went from 177 to 135 mainly by portion control and exercise. I've gained a little back this month so I have to get back on the horse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter