14 day bookings

Thegoatfeeder

Main thing WDW Needs? More Muppets!
Morning folks, I am really seriously weighing up the pro's and con's of DVC membership since me and my partner travel to WDW so often to accompany friends that travel from within the US.

I was just wondering how straight forward it is to get 14 day consecutive bookings? Coming from the UK, we'd want to travel for more than a week. At the 11 month point is it pretty easy to get 14 consecutive days, at your home resort?

Secondly, I assume at the 7 month mark it's pretty much impossible to get 14 consecutive days, but is it possible to get 7? I was thinking we could do a split stay on occasions when we don't want to stay at the 'home' resort.

Feedback would be massively appreciated, cheers :)

If you want to book 14 consecutive days it's vital you purchase at the resort you want to stay and use the 11 month window.

If you want to book 14 consecutive days it's vital you purchase at the resort you want to stay and use the 11 month window.

Yeah that makes sense, thanks. I’m assuming at the 11 month window I should be able to get a 14 night stay using the add on day method?

Yes we stay 16 nights at VGC and book in 7 night increments without any issues.

Last edited:

I have just booked 22 days at SSR in a 2 bed during August with no issues, and we have never had any problem booking up to 30 days holiday but it is a very large resort.

It does depend on the type of room and resort. We bought into Riviera in May and booked a few months ago at just under 10 months and there were days missing on a standard view studio on a 14 night stay. At 11 months you'd be fine at most resorts. We switched out at 7 months of all but 5 days as we wanted to try a couple of other resorts (thinking of adding on resale) and were able to get VGF standard view studio and AKL (Jambo House) Savanna view no problem, but you would of had to waitlist some of the days for a 14 night stay if booking a studio.

I usually go for 21 days at a time, in 10 years of membership never had a problem getting consecutive days.

Morning folks, I am really seriously weighing up the pro's and con's of DVC membership since me and my partner travel to WDW so often to accompany friends that travel from within the US.

I was just wondering how straight forward it is to get 14 day consecutive bookings? Coming from the UK, we'd want to travel for more than a week. At the 11 month point is it pretty easy to get 14 consecutive days, at your home resort?

Secondly, I assume at the 7 month mark it's pretty much impossible to get 14 consecutive days, but is it possible to get 7? I was thinking we could do a split stay on occasions when we don't want to stay at the 'home' resort.

Feedback would be massively appreciated, cheers :)
We have been DVC members many years and go to WDW every year and always stay a minimum of 16 days. We have never once not been able to get a reservation for our chosen number of nights at our home resort when booking at the 11 month window. If you make a booking 11 months out then at the 7 month window you decide you would like to try a different resort you can always ring member services on their free phone number and they will check availability. If there is then they can advise on the points difference and change the booking or part of the booking if you decide on a split stay. It is not impossible in you are prompt at the 7 month window. Studios are harder to get than a one bed., and some resorts are easier to get into than others. I would say that the Beach Club Villas is more difficult to get into as it has less rooms available and is a very popular resort.

I go for two weeks & book at the 11 month window & have gotten want I want, sometimes for more popular times I have had to walk the reservation. At 7 months it is much more difficult to get 14 days, I did get SSR by wait listing some missing days the first year we got our contract & there was no availability at BWV our home resort. You need to buy where you want to stay and if you are going at popular DVC times & wanting a cheap studio like standard view at BWV will need to book exactly at 11 months & may need to walk the reservation or have enough points for a different view.

I get stays of 10+ days in 1 beds no problem.

Book your first resort as two 7 day tranches at 11 months out. Then have a split stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!