14 day ultimate ticket to AP

Disneyfan.UK121

Mouseketeer
I've looked on the board for recent answers to this but am struggling. I'm going to Disney for 21 nights although have opted for a 14 day ultimate ticket from UK. I'm jist wondering what the recent feedback is for upgrading to AP?

We are not going again within the year but plan to go every day of the 14 days so as long the bridging amount is less than the cost of parking it would be a good deal right?

We are staying off site but plan to eat in a few restaurants, have ressies for BBB ( does AP discount apply to this too?).

I know it sounds crazy but I have heard that people can get good deals to upgrades which works out cheaper than the parking for the 14 days alone. I'm sure that everyone would so this if it was this simple. Just wanted to know how typical it was recently? Thanks.

We upgraded last year, cost us about $350ish as Wayne has said but we had a platinum plus pass. But we’ll get 3 trips out it. IMO I think if it’s just one of you upgrading you might break even with parking and discounts if you upgrade on day 1. You’ll need to pay parking first day unless you upgrade at Disney Springs.

Don’t forget either if you are doing Disney Water Parks in your 14 days then parking there is free and you’d also need to get a platinum plus pass.

May I jump in with another ultimate to AP upgrade query?
We would not require water park option on AP.

Mde is in my name-I make all the bookings etc
Would it make a difference if the one AP we purchase is in my name or dh's?

We have free dining on our upcoming trip;

Will this have any impact on our transaction?
can we upgrade at any time?
Where should we make the changeover with the chosen ticket holder?

Once you check in your tickets do not affect the DDP or anything else. You can upgrade either ticket without problems.

As for when and where you need to go to guest services or ticket window and from experience you will get more than one price :rolleyes:

We always upgrade our tickets as we usually go for 4 weeks and sometimes manage an extra visit as well (had a sneaky couple of weeks at New Year this year). We have upgraded at several places but usually find guest services at DHS offer the best value. A couple of years back we upgraded both for about $250 in total! I always work out how much my ultimate pass would have cost i $s then subtract that from the cost of an AP - gives me an idea of the maximum I would expect to pay. Any better than that and I'm happy. This year I got quotes at AK and DS who both quoted $343 each; the figure I would have expected. DHS came up trumps again and offered a much better deal at $247 for our 21 day tickets. This is for a Platinum AP (we don't go to the water parks). As we stay on site for the first week or so we can shop around without losing out on parking privileges however I'm pretty sure that if you have your receipt you can reclaim your parking for the day you purchase your AP. As Elise79 says above, changing to an AP does not affect DDP or anything else. We always have DDP for our summer visit as well and have never hit a problem. If you change your AP early enough they can mail your Magicband out to your offsite address (done that a couple of times too). If you're staying in a villa it needs to have a mail box to avoid having to pick the package up from the local Post Office.

Mrs TT

IS it worth bringing a copy of your ticket invoice for your UK ticket? Do we have to factor in the Tax too tho on the AP ticket as that takes it to over $900. Also do they have to manually read your fast passes?

IS it worth bringing a copy of your ticket invoice for your UK ticket? Do we have to factor in the Tax too tho on the AP ticket as that takes it to over $900. Also do they have to manually read your fast passes?
It's not necessary to bring your ticket invoice to trade it in for an AP. What you originally paid for it doesn't matter when trading in but as mentioned above different Guest Services appear to allow a different figure with (in our experience) HS being the most generous.
Tax is added to the difference between the full cost of an AP and the trade in cost of your 14 day ultimate ticket and not to the full price of the AP.
Your new AP appears automatically on your MDE account which is where your FPs times appear. Nothing else needs to be done.

Mrs TT

It's not necessary to bring your ticket invoice to trade it in for an AP. What you originally paid for it doesn't matter when trading in but as mentioned above different Guest Services appear to allow a different figure with (in our experience) HS being the most generous.
Tax is added to the difference between the full cost of an AP and the trade in cost of your 14 day ultimate ticket and not to the full price of the AP.
Your new AP appears automatically on your MDE account which is where your FPs times appear. Nothing else needs to be done.

Mrs TT
Thats great thx! I have a 14 day ticket at the moment I am going for the Star wars Race in April and want to return for Marathon weekend in Jan, so that max I should pay is around $400 Ish? I am at HS on day 2 so will try there

Thats great thx! I have a 14 day ticket at the moment I am going for the Star wars Race in April and want to return for Marathon weekend in Jan, so that max I should pay is around $400 Ish? I am at HS on day 2 so will try there
Fingers crossed. It's hard to say as it doesn't seem to be an exact science. I always work out how much I think my Ultimate ticket is worth in $s based on the exchange rate that day and then subtract that from the cost of an AP. That's the figure I'm aiming for but always try for less. I would ask at Guest Services wherever you are on Day 1 as well to see what they quote. You don't have to go ahead at that point and can wait and see if you are offered better elsewhere.

Mrs TT

Fingers crossed. It's hard to say as it doesn't seem to be an exact science. I always work out how much I think my Ultimate ticket is worth in $s based on the exchange rate that day and then subtract that from the cost of an AP. That's the figure I'm aiming for but always try for less. I would ask at Guest Services wherever you are on Day 1 as well to see what they quote. You don't have to go ahead at that point and can wait and see if you are offered better elsewhere.

Mrs TT
Brill thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!