MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

Oh Carole!
2020 has been doling out its share of disappointments.
Nice to see you take it all in stride!
You and Tom will be back one day soon, and we will all look forward to that trip report:flower3:

Oh Carole!
2020 has been doling out its share of disappointments.
Nice to see you take it all in stride!
You and Tom will be back one day soon, and we will all look forward to that trip report:flower3:

Thanks Lori :hug:......yep, not much else we can do right now.......we just remind ourselves that folks have had it much worse than us missing a couple of vacations.......

And oh yes, when we do get back.....it`ll be such a blast! Making up for lost time will be an art form, and so many things will feel new again.........

I sat down to reply to your email earlier this morning......lol.....yep, still not been sent......it`s been one of those days........but I did create the perfect mango and passion fruit pavlova in that time........and strangely enough most of it has gone already........:rotfl:

Oh, I'm so sorry about your trip cancellation! I was really hoping it would happen for y'all. 😢

Thanks Andrea........I have to admit, had enough of things being cancelled this year........but better things are round the corner....::yes::

And very grateful we got to visit Scotland as with the new restrictions for them that came into play last week.....we wouldn‘t be allowed to visit family in their home......and we still have our Cotswold cottage beginning of October.

Hope you and the family are doing well Andrea......:wave2:

I feel for students starting college and universities.....this is supposed to be a carefree time for them and it`s anything but it seems.

My oldest said she's glad she's not in college anymore... Between online classes and social distancing, she said it wouldn't be any fun... But at the University where I work, the college students had a bit too much fun the first couple weeks of classes and the positive cases spiked and the town shut down all the bars because the students weren't social distancing or wearing masks... And I'm thinking the bars are still closed... I understand the students just want to have fun but they're "adults" now and with adulthood comes responsibility...

And for the record, being an adult with responsibilities sucks some days!!! :rotfl2:

My oldest said she's glad she's not in college anymore... Between online classes and social distancing, she said it wouldn't be any fun... But at the University where I work, the college students had a bit too much fun the first couple weeks of classes and the positive cases spiked and the town shut down all the bars because the students weren't social distancing or wearing masks... And I'm thinking the bars are still closed... I understand the students just want to have fun but they're "adults" now and with adulthood comes responsibility...

And for the record, being an adult with responsibilities sucks some days!!! :rotfl2:

How true!! Responsibility does suck at times........I think at that age many students think they are invincible......but, doesn`t sound like a lot of fun for them.

Pubs and restaurants here are now closing at 10pm.....but what a mess at closing time......everyone heads for the cabs and tube stations all at the same time......crowds are worse than ever. They might as well not bother with any restrictions.

No idea what the answer is......:confused3

Our November/December Christmas trip is not happening this year. We got the email from Virgin Atlantic a few days ago to say the flights weren`t happening this year.....so, as with so many things this year, not much we can do about that. It helps we are quite pragmatic people in real life.....we go with the flow in most things.

I'm so sorry to hear this, but yeah, not that surprised. I think that in a way it's good that Virgin sent you the email because then you can be decisive about it and at least know that it isn't happening instead of having to waver about it until November? Just trying to look at the bright side...I know it stinks...

In the meantime...having fun reading about your past trips and local escapades!

I'm so sorry to hear this, but yeah, not that surprised. I think that in a way it's good that Virgin sent you the email because then you can be decisive about it and at least know that it isn't happening instead of having to waver about it until November? Just trying to look at the bright side...I know it stinks...

In the meantime...having fun reading about your past trips and local escapades!

Thanks Kathy......that`s our thoughts too, we prefer to know something for sure, I hate indecision.....and yes, the bright side is we have all our flights for next year now......woohoo....:thumbsup2

I always believe things happen for a reason, we may not know what it is, but there`s always a reason.

And glad you`re enjoying reading the old stuff.......it`s lovely looking back from even just a few years ago.....seems just like yesterday.

Hope you`re doing good Kathy.......:flower3:

Our November/December Christmas trip is not happening this year. We got the email from Virgin Atlantic a few days ago to say the flights weren`t happening this year.....so, as with so many things this year, not much we can do about that. It helps we are quite pragmatic people in real life.....we go with the flow in most things.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that.

There were some classic houses and our favourites were Insidious, this was one of our favourite movies around at the time and we had high hopes for the house and it didn`t disappoint.

Insidious was so good! HHN 25 was our first year so I didn't know as much about the event specific houses, and I hadn't watched all the movies for the houses there like I try to now, but I remember that house really standing out.

An American Werewolf in London is weirdly a movie I had never watched.

I've actually never seen it. :lmao:Been meaning to, but it doesn't really appeal to me.

Some genuine scares and the animatronics were surprisingly good.....the wolf got me a few times

The wolf scared Josh too :rotfl:

I know we enjoyed Freddy vs Jason, but I`ll be darned if I can remember much about the actual house itself.......

I remember it had my favorite scene from Dream Warriors in it, and that it's the first HHN house we ever did, but I wish we went through it when it was dark out because I feel like we missed a lot.

Poor houses for us were the weird and wacky inclusion of a 3D psychadelic house Asylum in Wonderland,

Omg that one was terrible!

The Walking Dead featured zombies of which bore me completely.......we did later get into the WD

At the time I liked The Walking Dead, and I thought that house was cool, but then when they did it again, I didn't think that house was very good.

then got bored and gave up on it after Negan came into it.......

Same.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that.

Insidious was so good! HHN 25 was our first year so I didn't know as much about the event specific houses, and I hadn't watched all the movies for the houses there like I try to now, but I remember that house really standing out.

I've actually never seen it. :lmao:Been meaning to, but it doesn't really appeal to me.

The wolf scared Josh too :rotfl:

I remember it had my favorite scene from Dream Warriors in it, and that it's the first HHN house we ever did, but I wish we went through it when it was dark out because I feel like we missed a lot.

Omg that one was terrible!

At the time I liked The Walking Dead, and I thought that house was cool, but then when they did it again, I didn't think that house was very good.

Same.

Thanks Raeven......yes, Insidious was really well done.....I don`t remember the Dream Warriors scene??????? It`s weird when someone remembers something and I`m like......must have missed that.....lol......

AWiL is an odd one......if it was on and your other option is washing windows......I`d watch it, but wouldn`t seek it out. It really has more of a cult following....but whatever you do......don`t watch the one in Paris!!! Dreadful.......

Yes, the WD was done to death there......and glad I`m not the only one who got bored with Negan.....I`m not even sure if the show has been cancelled now or if it`s still running?

2015 had some very good scare zones......the theme was perfect that year and full of laughter and scares all around.

One of our favourites was Psychoscareapy scare zone......we saw this a lot when it was light as we did start early........but means we got to see and appreciate the costumes more than usual......this zone was filled with roaming criminally insane inmates of Shadybrook Asylum who had escaped and come across a Halloween party in the area........some of the SA we were now beginning to recognise from previous years, and we knew two people personally now who were SA.....they love their time at Universal for HHN and like many they come back every year. One we know is a full time Universal Orlando employee though.

There are some fabulous SA around, most are amazing.......the way they can creep up on you at times is an art form......hissing in your ear or just generally appear on your peripheral vision and you learn just how high you can jump or in some cases, how fast you can run!!

i-ZC77kvW-X2.jpg

i-TH29k7v-X2.jpg

i-GhvPcfs-X2.jpg

I think most zones are better when it`s dark, but we love the detail and enjoy some pictures when it`s light, we usually wander round again when it`s dark and take a few pictures but sometimes we just wander and enjoy it......

Seeing this guy eating a brain was weirdly fun!

i-CxQ2NL7-X2.jpg

At regular intervals they have some of the escapees from the asylum perform on stage......it was very funny...........

i-nzzvssv-X2.jpg

i-RwCZqr7-X2.jpg

This guy was very alarming at times.

i-ZSHz3pS-X2.jpg

The ambulance is one of the larger props that don`t get removed during the day......nothing scary or frightening about seeing something like that around the parks during the day. Most scary items are gone, but something like this.....it`s fine to leave.

i-CWcrvZd-X2.jpg

These young ladies don`t make an appearance anymore.......the famous blood bag nurses.........they used to wander around selling cocktails that were in the blood bags........

i-P8SQct3-X2.jpg

I never objected to them, it`s harmless fun, but some didn`t like the look.......I more objected to the dreadful cocktail mix they sold in the bags.......it was sweet, gloopy and generally not very nice.....but we still bought them every year........I can`t remember what they cost, but someone told Tom he was crazy buying them as they were just a gimmick.....of course they are!! But fun.........

I think this may be the only picture we have of me with a blood bag........with Pumpkinhead in 2008......the head was laid on a huge barrel and I thought it was a fake pumpkin and put my hand on it for Tom to take a picture......the body looked fake.........

Then the pumpkin slowly began to lift off the barrel and I took off like a rocket! Only for Mr Pumpkinhead to chase after me........he caught me.

But, I love this picture........he was terrifying as he just stared at you.......

The blood bag.......hmmm.....not that nice, but an essential purchase.........😉

b7315531-507b-4dc8-aadc-a5adaf8ea2c9_zpshpn97yth-M.jpg

The San Francisco area was turned into All Nite Die-In Double Feature...........the theme was the Carey Drive in movie theatre that had been closed for many years after some horrific murders during a double feature.......it was a decent zone and very well done.......

Jason also wandered around this zone too....we never managed to get a picture with the man himself as he was incredibly popular........

i-6Hn2Fp2-X2.jpg

It was around this year we felt SA were getting better at posing for pictures with guests......previous years, some would move so quickly to stop you getting a picture. And of course some wanted to avoid the dreaded flash some would set off as they took pictures......golden rule with SA.....never flash them........lol......

i-FkXVs6G-X2.jpg

i-bLmX6z7-X2.jpg

i-3jpbCx7-X2.jpg

i-Bt8DCtt-X2.jpg

i-pKpWW3K-X2.jpg

One of my least favourite things about HHN is the chainsaw guys........to be honest I`m so bored with them.......once is fun, twice is ok.....after that....tedious.

Teen girls love them though.........::yes::

i-JLL94Ls-X2.jpg

Loved this guy below though........just when I thought he was gone, he`d appear by my side again......I think he knew I hated the chainsaw as he never put it on.....just appeared sneakily beside me....and Tom conveniently moved to the side to let him!!!

i-XgCJcxP-X2.jpg

The Insidious house looked good from the front.......this was where the Halloween house was last year and we had loved that one.....this house was very good. We knew the movies and liked them, which did help with this one......but it was full of scares and very recognisable if you did know the movie.

i-P6mcCP2-X2.jpg

More scare zones coming up........and a long awaited meet finally happens on this trip 🎃

The other scare zones that impressed us this year were Icons which featured previous HHN icons, Evil Roots which was in the Central Park zone (usually the star of zones) and Scary Tales......all of these were phenomenal.......

I think I am one of these people who have a target on their head as I seem to be very fortunate and get spooked a lot.......I think if they see one person react like that, the other SA follow suit....I do enjoy getting scares though, it is a lot of fun........and one of the reasons I enjoy scary movies so much......and Tom and Kyle adore seeing me being scared witless........hmmmmm.

i-CvS9xMf-X2.jpg

i-MRQB4SG-X2.jpg

i-fXkPqxk-X2.jpg

I finally met up with my old nemesis Pumpkinhead......as a character he is brilliant! And that sinister stare gets me every.....single.......time.

i-tfWNxgB-X2.jpg

i-p48Stht-X2.jpg

Again, the costumes the SA wear are amazing and incredibly detailed......and very photogenic!

i-7LxFtD6-X2.jpg

We hadn`t seen the years of The Caretaker, the Usher, The Director and The Storyteller as they were before we were visiting.....but I had been told about them by others who had seen them, especially macraven......her love for HHN is very contagious.......::yes::::yes::::yes::

So we were excited to see them in the flesh this time around.......and they didn`t disappoint.......they were amazing and very sinister, each and every one of them.

i-HcnWxqJ-X2.jpg

i-qwW9bjW-X2.jpg

i-fddMjZV-X2.jpg

i-8w7w7vv-X2.jpg

i-Btbcprr-X2.jpg

We got an amazing amount of photo ops with roaming SA this year......they were brilliant.

i-WXZmwk3-X2.jpg

i-Rc9cFqj-X2.jpg

This lovely bride managed to hiss in my ear three times in one night........she was very funny and scary all at the same time......and I thought I wouldn`t miss her as she is so visible! She got me every single time........Tom finds the whole thing hilarious.........

i-pW7mGKV-X2.jpg

i-DLwCwW4-X2.jpg

i-NhCHpRG-X2.jpg

We didn`t take many of the scenery this year, we took much more the following years.....but it is very impressive.......not just visually, the fake fog gives an aroma all of it`s own as well as being very atmospheric when it`s dark.

i-g2sNQPD-X2.jpg

i-X6vhf5K-X2.jpg

I`m not sure if it`s just my memory playing tricks, but the stage for the Jack show is a lot smaller than it was back in 07. I know it`s a different show, but this stage wasn`t as impressive.......still a lot of fun though.

i-mwKBm74-X2.jpg

Since I joined the Dis, I have been very fortunate to meet a lot of people I have become firm friends with from HHN and at other times too latterly....the previous year (I think) we met up with Vicki (Tink1957) for the first time........we didn`t get a picture that first year so we made sure to get some this year. There is another in one of the scare zones, but our camera wasn`t as good then, and most are quite blurry.

I think that year Vicki had her daughter with her, the previous year it was her son we had the pleasure of meeting. Some years we`ve been fortunate for meeting up, other years we miss each other or can`t quite coordinate a meet that suits us.......

Hopefully next year we`ll manage another meet........

i-rVM5Sk9-X2.jpg

But, for several years macraven and I had kept missing each other, sometimes by days, and even by hours one year.......we had been so unlucky. We had become friends around 2009 and our emails and phone calls are legendary.........Tom often asks what we talk about for 3 hours at a time and I`d say oh nothing much......lol.......and 3 hours pass like a flash!!

But, this year our dates had aligned and we had managed to be at RP at the same time......for two days anyway.......that would be plenty of time.

And like a lot of people I`ve got friendly with online, it translated well in real life.......we got on like a house on fire........that weekend flew past and we talked so much it was scary!

Tom enjoyed it too....he chauffeured us around to the Mall at Millenia and we went to the outlets too.

We met others that trip too.....some we meet for a few minutes, some for a coffee or a drink, and it`s always lovely to meet folks who know you from the boards. Most have been a success and we have met some genuinely lovely people....and wished we could spend longer with them at HHN.

Next on my "want to meet list" was Keishashadow.........Dammit Janet had eluded us for a few years too, we had also became very good friends online and we were looking forward to meeting up some time too.......but, we`d have to wait till 2016 for that one to happen.........and we only just made it with our dates........

i-MK22cBV-X2.jpg

i-TfBp8Vm-X2.jpg

i-BLMqdjS-X2.jpg

That`s 2015 in a nutshell......for us anyway.........

I think that`s the least amount of nights we`ve gone using the Rush of Fear ticket....but even going more than twice, you get your money out of that ticket.

The Express Pass again is a complete essential for us.......wouldn`t be without it.....even on so called quieter nights the lines can be horrible.....and with the heat.......it`s a godsend!

This year had been a huge success for us.....the houses had been top notch and the scare zones were outstanding......and we were already looking forward to the following year.........

i-nCdfZ8P-X2.jpg

i-R6jNHM3-X2.jpg

2016 coming up........and a LOT of pictures!!!!!

:wave2:

Just the photo of the super-tall creepy guy with the scissors scared me! In real life...No way in heck....

I like the pictures of your meet-ups!! Those are very scaredy cat friendly, lol!

Just the photo of the super-tall creepy guy with the scissors scared me! In real life...No way in heck....

I like the pictures of your meet-ups!! Those are very scaredy cat friendly, lol!

lol......scaredy cat friendly is brilliant!!!

I agree though, it`s not for everyone.......but after a few gins.......who knows....... 😉

Our November/December Christmas trip is not happening this year.

Oh No! What a bummer of a year for your Orlando trips. As fast as the past 6 months have flown by, May will be here in no time. Well maybe a little time. I may have to insert a May trip now. Glad you are continuing your trip report. C' mon vaccine

I don`t remember the Dream Warriors scene??????? It`s weird when someone remembers something and I`m like......must have missed that.....lol......

It was quick, but it was the girl with her head through the TV. I love when Freddy says Welcome to Primetime :rotfl:

AWiL is an odd one......if it was on and your other option is washing windows......I`d watch it, but wouldn`t seek it out. It really has more of a cult following....but whatever you do......don`t watch the one in Paris!!! Dreadful.......

Yeah, I've heard that it has a cult following which is why I felt bad that I'd never seen it :rotfl: But it doesn't sound that interesting to me.

Yes, the WD was done to death there......and glad I`m not the only one who got bored with Negan.....I`m not even sure if the show has been cancelled now or if it`s still running?

My boss still watches it somehow! I think they time jumped, and are going for another season or 2 before it ends, and then they're doing a spin off :faint: I feel like I hung on longer than most just because I hate not finishing shows, but I couldn't do it anymore. I did like the first 3-4 seasons, and briefly when Negan was on but after that I stopped caring.

View attachment 529124

Oh No! What a bummer of a year for your Orlando trips. As fast as the past 6 months have flown by, May will be here in no time. Well maybe a little time. I may have to insert a May trip now. Glad you are continuing your trip report. C' mon vaccine

Thanks Vicki........I`m sure time will pass very quickly, as these last months have flown past. Can`t believe today is October 1st.......we would have arrived home this morning from the September trip which feels odd.....

Better things are around the corner for sure.......oh yes a May trip for you would be excellent!!

Vaccine or no vaccine.....if the borders are open......we`ll be there.......

Good to see you :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter