15 year anniversary; 504 points; 1st DVC stay. Where to Stay?

When you are more than seven months out, always book your home resort. Then at seven months out, see what else is available. Don't wait for seven months to book something other than your home. You might be disappointed and find nothing available.

The Grand Floridian gets my vote. I wouldn't book a GV anywhere. That just seems like a waste with only 3 people. I think I would want at least 6. A 2 bedroom would really give you space to spread out.

Welcome Home! Buying PVB, I’m guessing you don’t mind studios. I would definitely heed the advice given and book the PVB stay for starters. If you’re planning on doing all 4 parks, I’d do a split stay. 4 and 4 would be perfect. PVB would cover MK and even EP via monorail if it’s leaving from TTC again. BCV or BWV would also cover EP along with HS. The only bus you will need would be for AK. You could do all this and just utilize the 204 points. Any stay at WDW will be magical and experiencing 2 resorts will be that much better. Depending on how many times a year you visit, I’d try and maximize the point usage. I just did a 3 split stay CCV, BCV, and AKV in early Dec and it was the best trip I’ve ever taken. Good luck.

With a 13 year old boy I would do wilderness lodge. We have 3 boys and that’s their fav. I also would do 1bed. They also like SSR and BWV.
Oh and I would do it to go to Halloween party.

Hello everyone!

We are in the process of closing on our first Disney Resale contract for 300 points @ PVB. We have 204 banked points, plus our 300 for next year. UY Feb. and will not have points avail until possibly late Jan. We will be with our 13 year old boy. We have 0 interest in Star Wars.

Where would you stay and when would you stay? I would like our first trip to be magical, so I am thinking later in the year would work best for us as more things will be open.

Thank you for helping us plan!
Hi Trinity524, Judging from the fact that you have been a member since 2008, you have a good idea of what you want to do and where you want to go... I have been visiting since the parks opened and been a DVC member since the mid 1990's. Our decision are always revolving around which parks we will be frequenting, restaurants, other activities (swimming, etc), visiting other parks (Universal?), transportation, length of stay and then hotels. I say hotels because I am a firm believer in "split stays". If you still want specific advise, answer those questions and I will be glad to provide my two cents!

I also suggest a split stay. Book Poly 4 nights +4 nights at 11 months (or however you want to split it) then you have four months to figure out where else to stay. At 7 months you could change just one of the portions or both of them if you want. Personally, with that many points, and wanting it to be special, I would not stay in a studio with 3 people. Having the separate BR from your kid is awesome. Plus a kitchen and laundry are great. If you want to be close to MK for part, I'd go with GF because to me it screams "special". And now you can actually walk to MK from there just like from BLT. We love the relaxed atmosphere and animal views at AKL. I would get a savannah view if you do AKL and the 1 BR at Kidani would be great with the second bathroom. Also, my pick for week would be the full week before Thanksgiving. The Food and Wine is still going on and some Christmas decorations are up. Plus it's not too crowded and the weather is typically not as hot (can even be cool). I would think that most resorts will have 1 BR open at 7 months since they seem to be the most available units overall, but you can keep a watch on the availability as you approach your 7 month mark.

Our home resort is the Grand Floridian and we love it there. When I travel alone I get a studio and stay for two or three weeks. When we travel together we book a one bedroom. When we travel with another couple we get the two bedroom. Obviously the larger the accommodations the more points we must use. We enjoy the GF because of the location with monorail access, the grounds, it is the smallest of the DVC resorts, we enjoy the spa and gym, the restaurants, the close proximity to the Poly and the Contemporary for meals, AND we can't wait to use the new walkway to the Magic Kingdom. Of course all of this is personal opinion. Congrats on your first DVC stay. We can't wait to hear "Welcome Home" next October as we finally decided to cancel our January 2021 trip.

Have you stayed on property before?
Personally we have loved booking split stays for our past several trips. We plan accordingly and visit the parks closest, splurge more on bigger meals out during the first leg of the trip, and have groceries delivered.
We own at AKL and always stay there. Boma is our favorite restaurant by far, usually two dinners and a late breakfast there! We also love BC and BLT. Such different vibes!
We've found April weather to be perfect ( and then soon its spring in NE so its nice to have leaves on the trees when we get back- winter feels shorter when you are planning an escape). We also like October weather but the crowds were huge.

Don’t get more than a one bedroom or you will buy another 300 points to keep up with your cabin addiction you will have after staying there. I say split stay with as many days in a one bedroom at CCV and BWV.

Elephantay- yes, we have been going every year since 2007. I am thinking a split stay may be in order... :)

I would take my theme park tickets into account. If you are trying to get APs, I suggest you try to stretch the points to get more days across the year. Possibly 2 or even 3 separate trips. It is really nice to have a 1 bedroom for the washer/dryer, full kitchen and place away from the master bedroom.

Split stays also work for us sometimes when we want to stretch points. We spend a couple of days in a studio and by the time we feel cramped and want to do a wash, we move to a 1 bedroom.
We have stayed at several resorts and like to experience the different places. (BWV and AKV being our home resorts and favorites for point cost and feel)

Having said that, if you just want to splurge on your points with no regard for park tickets being factored in, I suggest you look at the booking calendar as soon as your points are loaded and maybe book within your 7 month mark if dates are flexible.

If you want "magical" I would try a 2br at BWV/BCV or BLT/GFV as you can walk to EPCOT and HS or walk to MK and monorail to EPCOT - which option is most important to you. If you don't want the 2br and your point to go further a 1br is a great alternative, but your son won't have his own bedroom. To me walking to the parks and not being dependent on buses is huge advantage.

BCV your son will probably love Stormalong Bay and they have a nice villa only pool. I personally would try to go during F&W late October early November as I find the weather to usually be perfect mid 70s to low 80s. Note: F&W will require a great deal of work and piece together a reservation but can be done with diligence and constant checking.

Oh yeah I also agree with others on booking at 11 month window then switching right at 7 month mark. Also 1br are usually the easiest to get as the studios and 2brs tend to me the most popular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter