$16 charge on Simon malls giftaccount...

Maybelle

<font color=green>I rode my inch worm down the str
I know there was a thread about this but I can't find it now and I am MAD!!

I tried calling Shopping Essentials that the charge is listed from, but was told (by 2 supervisors) that the charge was not from them.

How many others did this happen to?

I will be calling Simonmall giftaccounts later, have to take dd to a field trip now, but hopefully they will have an answer for me. Has anyone already called them??

Thanks for any info!

privacey matters and Shopping Essentials did this to me as well on 2 different cards....i havent called yet only because i havent received credit yet, but when i do theyre gonna know it when the "street" comes out in me :mad: both offers were for $1 thats all i gave them permission for unless I decided to keep them!! let them give me a hard time and i'll be on the phone with the BBB AND STATES ATTORNEY!!:mad:

It is weird, because I did a couple of those offers a few weeks ago with NO problems, they charged their $1.00 and that was it. I tried to do that one on CD the other day and it attempted to charge $16 on my Simon Card, luckily I didn't have enough funds and it was declined!

me too! On the simon card. I have used other cards with this company, and it did not happen until I used the simon card. Who knew?:confused3

They did this to me for At Home Rewards. It is on my Simon card twice for $16.00 each. I have faxed them (At Home Rewards Consumer Affairs) my information from what I can see online on the Simon website. That was on Sunday and so far they have not credited me for the $32.00. I'm not sure what else to do. I had to fax it to 402-661-2515. If you are able to get any results I would love to know how you did it. At Home Rewards also shows no record of me signing up for their service so I have no account number to reference when I talk to them.

Wendi

I had a fraudulent charge for At Home Rewards on my one card. I called my cc company complained and got a new card number.

I will no longer use any of my personal cards for any online rewards stuff :sad2: I only use a Simon card and I buy it in minimal increments so I can use it all up fairly quickly. I no longer have to worry about all the fraud charges and companies submitting membership fees even though I have already cancelled. Sure it costs me $2 every time I get a Simon card but my piece of mind is more than worth it :thumbsup2 I easily recoop that $2 charge with one offer. I only have $.75 on my most recent card so they will have a really hard time trying to get anything off of that :rotfl:

I had a fraudulent charge for At Home Rewards on my one card. I called my cc company complained and got a new card number.

I will no longer use any of my personal cards for any online rewards stuff :sad2: I only use a Simon card and I buy it in minimal increments so I can use it all up fairly quickly. I no longer have to worry about all the fraud charges and companies submitting membership fees even though I have already cancelled. Sure it costs me $2 every time I get a Simon card but my piece of mind is more than worth it :thumbsup2 I easily recoop that $2 charge with one offer. I only have $.75 on my most recent card so they will have a really hard time trying to get anything off of that :rotfl:

I have $0.14 on one of mine :lmao:

Paying that $2.00 charge is WELL worth the piece of mind!! You make it up in the time you won't have to spend on the phone disputing charges!!

I just spoke with customer service at Simon giftcards and they have assured me that the two $16.00 charges from At Home Rewards will fall off in five days from the transaction date of 5-5-07. She also said that they would credit me immediately if At Home Rewards would send them a fax requesting an immediate credit back to my card. Good luck with that!! These people at At Home Rewards have no clue. I guess I will just wait until the 10th and see what happens. So far the fax that I send has yielded no results and talking to them is like talking to a brick wall.:sad2:

Wendi

These one $1 companies charge the prepaid card $16 to make sure the card is active and it drops off in about a week. I tried to do at home rewards this happened to me but I don't even think my trial went through since they had no record of me. I'm not signing up for any more of these $1 companies at least not with a prepaid card!

The $16 was credited to my prepaid card this morning I signed up on the 2nd so about a week!

These one $1 companies charge the prepaid card $16 to make sure the card is active and it drops off in about a week. I tried to do at home rewards this happened to me but I don't even think my trial went through since they had no record of me. I'm not signing up for any more of these $1 companies at least not with a prepaid card!

The $16 was credited to my prepaid card this morning I signed up on the 2nd so about a week!

Thank you. Very good information. Wish I had known that before I tried to do business with them. I still have no idea why they charged me twice but knowing how the company works will definitely help people in the future to choose whether they want to do a trial offer with them.

Wendi

Thank you. Very good information. Wish I had known that before I tried to do business with them. I still have no idea why they charged me twice but knowing how the company works will definitely help people in the future to choose whether they want to do a trial offer with them.

Wendi

Kira on CD said that the advertiser is pulling the offers because of all of the fraudulent signups, quick cancels, etc. So maybe this was the advertisers way of causing havoc before they pull it?!?

When I called Shopping Essentials they said they have no record of me whatsoever, and I never got a confirmation e-mail, so why should I have been charged the $16 in the first place? I don't get it!

I will watch the giftaccoun for reversal of this charge, and continue to see if I get credit or a conf. e-mail from the company....I don't want to get charged again by them for not cancelling, if my info ever does go through! Meanwhile, I have less of a balance to work with for other offers until it is reversed. This is a pain!!!

It happened to Me too!!! And to top it off, it had said I was declined. So therefore, I wasnt able to get my credit! :scared: Was I pi$$ed?? Heck yeah!!!:mad:

the same thing happened to me yesterday as well. when i entered my cc info for the offer, it said there was an error and couldn't be processed..but they DID manage to charge my Simon card 5 minutes later...and of course because it "didn't process", no credit for me either :sad2: .. now i have to go call them and get the charge taken off...:headache: yuk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter