17 month old returning

disneygeek

DIS veteran
We took our DS to WDW when he was 12 mos. He rode everything but ITTBAB without a problem. Do you think he will be more fearful now that he's a little older? I'm thinking mainly about HM and PoC.

I am thinking the same thing for my son. He was 14 months last trip. We are leaving at the end of this month and he will be 2 1/2. I am concerned more with the "scare factor" this trip. I figure to start him out slow, outdoor rides and then Its a Small World. Build up from there depending on how he does.

We just got back from a trip with our 15 month old son. He went on all of the Fantasyland rides, even Snow White, with no problems. I think he would have been fine on HM and PoC, but we thought our 3 y/o would be afraid, so we didn't even try. He wasn't bothered by the darkness in any of the rides. We took him on Spaceship Earth and Imagination, which are both pretty dark.

It's A Small World, the carousel, Pooh, Dumbo, the safari, Primeval Whirl, and the Playhouse Disney show were his favorites. He really reacted to a lot of stuff, especially Pooh and Playhouse Disney (he's a big Bear fan).

He wasn't crazy about the characters at first, but warmed up to them as the week went on.

He also loved the parades!

Our 3y/o loved everything in Fantasyland, but needed to be told ahead of time if a ride was dark. She didn't like Peter Pan the first time she rode it because she didn't know it would be dark. She rode it again another day and loved it since she knew what to expect. She loved the characters and parades.

Good luck and have a great time!

Take along a small pen light type flash light for him hold on dark rides. The small amount of light won't bother anyone and might give him a little comfort if the dark bothers him. I agree start easy and work up.You know your son best but I think that at 17 mo. you will still be OK with most things. That fear factor might not be an issue till about two or so. Best of luck.

Jordan's mom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter