$18 SanDisk 1 gig SD

Dan - that is a great price. What differences would I notice between high speed and regular cards? Barrie

Only real difference, I think, is if you were taking a lot of pictures quickly, with the write speed to the card from memory. I know it is important to use high speed for video, but for just regular shooting, I do not think it is very important.

barrie said:
What differences would I notice between high speed and regular cards?

The most noticeable difference will be when you transfer the images off of the cards. For single shots and even small bursts, there is not really any detectable diference. For long bursts at 5 fps for more than 8 or 9 seconds, my buffer will fill and slow the capture rate after about 55-60 frames when using a faster card (Ultra II). As opposed to the buffer filling and slowing the capture rate at 23-27 frames with a 'regular' card.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter