1st family visit Thanksgiving week

mom2aprincenprincess

Mom to 2 prince's and 1 princess
Does Disney ever offer promotions during the week of Thanksgiving? We are planning our trip for 11/20-11/25. I haven't booked it yet because I'm trying to find any promotions that I can. So far I haven't seen any. If anyone knows of any will you pass the info my way please?

Also, if I book my trip now and a promotion comes out later, can I use it toward my trip after booking?

Unfortunately, you will find that promotions are rare for the week of Thanksgiving. I haven't found anything that included it for this year from any of the things that have come out previously.

Generally there are no promotions during a holiday week. And for better information go to the Discount Codes SubForum under Disney Resorts

That's not quite true. . . we've done free dining for 2 Thanksgiving weeks. We arrived the Sunday before and left the Friday after Thanksgiving. One was last year. It was a PIN discount but the other was just a regular guest discount.

They did expand free dining last year until a few days before Christmas, but with the way discounts are coming out this year, I doubt they are going to offer it again over a holiday week.

wow free dinning over thanksgiving would be great, but if you end up waiting past the 180 day mark at that time of year i would thing you most likely wont get any reservations you want.

Hopefully if they come out with one I hope they'll do it soon

In 2008, we booked a room-only reservation through Disney and got like a 20% or 25% (can't remember which) discount using our AAA card. There were no black-out days.

In 2010, we got a pin for a % off our room only reservation (I believe it was 30%). However, there were black-out days of Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of Thanksgiving Week.

We had free dining in 2009 over Thanksgiving week as well. I think it made it more crowded that when we went in 2004 w/o free dining.

man o man, 1st time to WDW and your going week of thanksgiving. GOOD LUCK ILL pray for you.

We go every year at Thanksgiving. I don't have a problem with it. The crowds are bigger in the summer plus you have to fight the heat. We haven't ever ben able to have free dining then, but it was offered last year through the holiday week. I highly doubt it will happen this year. If you are even thinking about going then, you need to make your dining reservations now or you will be stuck with limited choices..

FYI you might want to try the discount rates and codes board here on the Dis, although people are using this board a lot for these types of questions, this board is not for discount promotions it is more for themes or celebrations Disney does and has done in the past. The discount rates and codes board will have more activity with more up to date information than this board.

We go every year at Thanksgiving. I don't have a problem with it. The crowds are bigger in the summer plus you have to fight the heat. We haven't ever ben able to have free dining then, but it was offered last year through the holiday week. I highly doubt it will happen this year. If you are even thinking about going then, you need to make your dining reservations now or you will be stuck with limited choices..

I thought the crowds would be more during a holiday week, but the weather would be better. I was actually looking fo just this info.

My oldest can't miss school any more, so we were planning to go over Spring Break (the end of April). Of course, I just got the revised calendar and they moved the break to Easter week.

So now our only options are Thanksgiving, Easter, or next summer. I have no clue what would work best for us.

I think that Thanksgiving would be quieter than Easter. Lots of people from the north come south for Easter. Last year I was at WDW and it was only very busy the actual weekend of Thanksgiving. If you have a whole week there will be some not so busy days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter