• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st time going to boardwalk villas

dawne98

DIS Veteran
In June we'll be going to WDW and getting a studio at Boardwalk villas SV but I would love to know all about the Boardwalk villlas and what SV would be the best?

In June we'll be going to WDW and getting a studio at Boardwalk villas SV but I would love to know all about the Boardwalk villlas and what SV would be the best?

Are you booked through CRO or with DVC points? Standard view is different depending on how you book. Typically CRO standard view is pool/garden view. With DVC, it's along the front driveway.

I have stayed SV DVC studio a few times that was the very farthest away room possible. Nice for walking to DHS, and the pool too actually--down the stairs and out the door. But SUCH a long walk from the lobby.
The view was no good, but I think if you could get top floor it would be OK.
We book SV to save points.
We book BW view because it is so lovely.

No matter how your view is, being easy walking distance to 2 parks is wonderful.

I have stayed SV DVC studio a few times that was the very farthest away room possible. Nice for walking to DHS, and the pool too actually--down the stairs and out the door. But SUCH a long walk from the lobby.
The view was no good, but I think if you could get top floor it would be OK.
We book SV to save points.
We book BW view because it is so lovely.

No matter how your view is, being easy walking distance to 2 parks is wonderful.

Standard view rooms at BWV are not necessarily far from the lobby. They run the length of the arm of the resort closest to the parking lot, starting at the lobby.

Beware of the standard view rooms that are the first few from the lobby area. They overlook the airline check-in desk which opens at 5am.

I really enjoyed our first floor SV. We had a view of the front drive, but we had easy access via a locked door to the pool and the boardwalk. Arguably one of my favorite stays (the other being in the 2bd directly above the general store!)

it's with DVC.... I know the 1st two days we'll just be at the resorts no parks we have 2 day tickets and we are going to AK one day and Epcot the other day we have a famiy photo shoot at AK for our engagement photos and with my DD's :) SO I hope our room is right by the pool lol ....
The day we go to Epcot how do you get into the park from the resort and also at what time can you get in Epcot?
BTW what is a good QS at the resort we have dinner the 1st night at 1900 park fare and breakfast one day at Cape May cafe but I don't know what to do for early dinner on the day we go to breakfast....
also do they do movies by the pool?

Yes they show movies by the quiet pool in the evening. You enter Epcot though the International gateway at park opening and head to the front. There isn't much in the way of counter service at the BW. Pizza can be purchased on the Boardwalk and cold sandwiches at the BW bakery. You won't have a view of a pool with SV but the quiet pool won't be far from your studio. We always stay in SV it's closer to HS and the low points can't be beat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter