• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st time renting DVC...question?!

collegeprogram01

Mouseketeer
We are going to rent points from a friend at the Boardwalk Villas studio for december. Are the studios there nice and how do we go about booking our dining plan for that week?

Thanks for any help!:)

We stayed at the BWV in May and I love the Boardwalk. Nothing beats the location. I liked the rooms...might have found the studio to be a little small but that was the only negative. Your friend will have to book the dining plan for you with member services. Anything you need booked like the dining plan, magical express, etc...has to be done by the member.

The studios are basically the same size everwhere. I love boardwalk its my fav place to stay, the room is set up like every other studio, just a different decor. As for the dinning plan, as long as you have the confirmation number you can book the dinning plan under your name up to 48 hours before your time of arrival. I usually make my resevations 6 months out then book the DDP less then a month before arrival. Its all about what you are comfortable with. As for magical express you need the member number so the DVC member needs to do it. Hope that helps

Thanks for the info! I going through an agency such as AAA would be the best bet for getting the park hopper passes or is there a better place?

thanks again!

Also check out Undercover Tourist for park tickets. Not sure how their prices compare to AAA.

One thing I don't see mentioned about the dining plan is that it has to be paid for when added to the room reservation.

OP, if your friend has not made the reservation yet I would encourage you to get it done soon. December is a popular time for DVCers to go.

I just went to bwv in Jan and used rented points. The process was easy and the dvc members are so helpful. We liked it so much that we 're going again next Jan on rented points. I just secured my last reservation. Depending on when you go BWV might be hard to get. A 2br for 1/1&1/2 are already booked. Look for members who owns bwv and they can reserve now. Most will want a % down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter