1st trip to Disney - goodie bags for kids

tami82

DIS Veteran
Next year will be our first trip to disney with my 2 little ones. I am thinking of making a goodie bag for when we first arrive at the hotel. I saw some nice minnie ears on e-bay which I thought I would put in them & maybe a costume which they can wear in the parks & character dinners??. Is there anything else I can put in the bags and any other suggestions.

Do you have a Disney Store near you? I got my younger two boys some of those "magic towels" (the hand towels that expand in the water) and I got them each a personal fan. The fans are really cool because they light up and spell out things (Mickey fan spells out "That's Swell" and Buzz fan spells out "To Infinity and Beyond!") VERY COOL!

For our first trip, I gave each boy one of the stuffed mickey beanies. I think they're about $7-$10 each. It was also their first plane flight and I had found a Mickey dressed like a pilot in the Disney Store. You could probably find their fav character or different themed Mickey's or Minnie's.

DS13 has continued to collect different Mickey's and now has about 20 of these from various trips !!:laughing:

If you have a Dollar Tree (discount store) in your area watch...they have Disney items all of the time...and you can get glow bracelets are 15 for $1 (in a pre-packaged tube) if you watch...they even sometimes have necklaces.

A water bottle for the parks, new Disney PJs. The best thing we ever did for our kids... Santa brought each a Disney gift card with $20 on it in their stockings. (Easter bunny can do this, too!) They saved their allowance, and we added it to their gift cards whenever we went to the mall. They had about $160 each by the time we went to the parks. They loved being able to shop with their own credit cards, and buying anything they wanted! Best thing... we didn't have to keep up with money.

Also meant to add for the gift baskets: autograph book and pen, sunglasses, disposable camera. Hint: put name and resort/room # on autograph books and cameras in case you lose them. We learned that lesson the hard way!

My local Dollar Tree had the 'magic towels', so I picked up some. Also, check out the Disney Store for light spinners. You'll have to add batteries, but that's better than spending big bucks for one while at WDW. Sometimes you can pick one up at the Disney Store for $4. After holidays is always a good time to head to the Disney Store.

Next Wednesday the Disney Store is having a big sale (I work there) Pick up some fun t shirts to wear Also pick up your Disney Dollars there to spend.

My local dollar store had the Disney jibbits for Crocs. They were $1 each and had six princesses! DD cannot wait for her new pair of Crocs so she can decorate them!

I bought Tinkerbell pillowcases for both myself and my DNiece 11. Then I embroidered our names on them (I have an embroidery machine). I surprised her the first night with those, fuzzy socks for tired feet and the best thing ever ... odorless icy hot. Then, the next morning when we were headed out to the parks, I said I forgot something, went back in the room and put out a stuffed Mickey and a Minnie that I had bought at Walmart.

When we got back to the room, she thought that the maid had brought them for her (instead of towel animals) since they were both sitting on her pillow. I also gave her a bunch of Disney stickers to use in her journal. I was going to give her something each day but she is 11 and I was pretty sure she'd catch on and she was so tickled with Mickey and Minnie.

if you contact the front desk at your hotel you can order ears, personalized, to be waiting on your kids' beds. You can also order balloon bouquets.

I always have:

monogrammed pillowcases (you only have to buy them once...and bring them along on every trip)

PJ's

the same mickey and minne stuffed toy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter