2/24-2/28 Princess Weekend Dining Report: Sanaa, Topolino’s Breakfast, and More! (Completed 4/18)

Disneyhanna

DIS Veteran
Hello! I ran the Princess 10k with a friend as my first runDisney race, we stayed at All Star Movies and had a blast. We tried two table service restaurants (Sanaa for dinner and Topolino’s Terrace for breakfast) and did various quick service restaurants throughout the parks and resorts.

I will do my best to recall my thoughts towards each dish, the details are already a bit fuzzy but I generally remember whether I liked things or not. I tried adding prices where I had mobile order receipts, but some I just grabbed from the current online menus. It looks like the pricing varies a bit between the menus and my mobile orders, so take it with a grain of salt.

Enjoy!

Thursday, 2/24 - Arrival Day and Animal Kingdom Evening

Our flight landed around noon so we didn’t get to All Star Movies until close to 2, so we decided to have a quick lunch at the food court prior to heading to the Expo to pick up our 10k bibs.

Intermission Food Court

I grabbed a kid’s cheeseburger as well as the 50th Anniversary Dessert, and my friend had the Impossible burger.

Kid’s Cheeseburger: Served with Strawberry-flavored Yogurt Smoothie, Sliced Apples, and choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DASANI® Bottled Water $7.99

IMG_8206.jpeg

Just like at my last trip at Pop, the burgers are made to order and the kids version is a nice option when you don’t want a huge meal. Nothing fancy but gets the job done for under $10. I had fries and Danimals as my two sides.

50th Anniversary Dessert: Raspberry Cheesecake with a Rose Gold Champagne-infused Glaze on an Almond Cookie $5.99

IMG_8205.jpeg

My friend and I shared this dessert, it is quite similar to the dessert at Satu’li. I wouldn’t describe this as cheesecake but more of a raspberry cream cheese mousse, very light and fluffy. The flavor of the glaze doesn’t stand out nor does the cookie, but this was still delicious if you like the flavor of raspberry cream cheese!

IMG_8207.jpeg

Impossible™ Barbecued Market Burger with Arugula, Tomato, Avocado, Barbecue Sauce, and a choice of Side $12.79

No picture but my friend had the plant-based Impossible burger and loved it, she actually had it again on our last day for lunch. This is made to order like the other burgers.

We headed off to the Expo and had quite the adventure, my friend’s bib was missing from their boxes of bibs! We sorted that out and did some shopping and eventually made it to Animal Kingdom around 5, and made a mad dash to get onto the Safari before they closed at 5:30. I think we got on at 5:20 and waited maybe 15 minutes, it was super quick.

Thirsty River Bar & Trek Snacks

It was a warm but pleasant evening, so we stopped for a drink on our way to ride Dinosaur. Nothing like a drink before being tossed around like a rag doll, eh?

Yeti Sunset: Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey and Strawberry and Lychee Lemonade $14

IMG_8235.jpeg

Omg, this was AMAZING. Neither of us are big whiskey drinkers but we love strawberry and lychee flavors, and this was absolutely delicious and not too sweet. We watched the bartender give heavy pours of whiskey so they definitely weren't weak. Highly recommend if you want something fruity that doesn’t taste strong, but is! Super refreshing and I wish I had one right now, even though it’s cold here…

We rode Dinosaur and had a blast as usual, then headed to Pandora to ride our Individual Lightning Lane for FoP. That was lovely and we got to enjoy Pandora at night. They definitely repainted the bioluminescence since it was so vibrant, when I saw it last time a few years ago I could hardly see it!

IMG_8237.jpeg

Satu’li Canteen

We had Satu’li for dinner, this is our favorite QS in AK (and maybe in all of WDW…). I had my usual, I never deviate from this!

Slow-Roasted Sliced Grilled Beef Bowl: Slow-Roasted Sliced Grilled Beef marinated in a blend of Garlic, Herbs, Red Pepper Spice, and Red Wine Vinegar topped with Crunchy Vegetable Slaw and Boba Balls served with your choice of Base and Sauce. $14.49

IMG_8238.jpeg

I get the beef bowl with the hearty salad, the beef is a perfect medium with a bit of pink and I love the charred onion vinaigrette on the side. This is so fresh and surprisingly filling due to the quinoa in the salad. We thought we were going to need a kids’ meal back at the hotel, but we thought wrong and were totally stuffed!

Chili-Spiced Crispy Fried Tofu Bowl Crispy Fried Tofu seasoned with Chili-Spice topped with Crunchy Vegetable Slaw and Boba Balls served with your choice of Base and Sauce $12.99

No picture but my friend enjoyed her tofu bowl with hearty salad, I thought it looked a little skimpy on the tofu though, compared to pictures I've seen. I think the tofu was prepared a little differently than when it first debuted, though my friend still really liked it.

Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse: Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse with Passion Fruit Curd $5.79

We each got our own mousse, though we definitely could have shared. We both love this dessert and it’s so consistent! The mousse is light and fluffy and the passionfruit curd is nice and sour, they go really well together. I could barely finish mine but I pushed through!

Friday, 2/25 - Hollywood Studios and Sanaa

We had a quick breakfast from the Movies QS, as we wanted to get to HS quickly that morning.

Blueberry Muffin $3.79

Pineapple Fruit Cup $5.69

Currently thinking about how my Costco has been selling whole pineapples for $1.38 all winter long here in MN!

IMG_8245.jpeg

Pretty sure my friend had an apple danish, which was $4.29.

Off to HS we went, we started with an early Slinky lightning lane and afterwards got coffee by the TSL entrance. We waited about 30 minutes, but it was worth it!

Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company

Iced Caramel Latte $6.09

IMG_8249.jpeg

I’ve said it before but the Joffrey iced lattes are so good and creamy, and they have agave straws so we always grab a few to hang onto for later when only paper straws are available.

Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo

I've eaten at Docking Bay at both WDW and Disneyland now, and it's such a great addition to both parks (especially to HS). I had the hot chicken, while my friend had the plant-based kids pasta.

Pirjanad Hot Chicken Tip Yip: Crispy Chicken glazed in a Spicy Chipotle Sauce and served with White Rice and a Relish of Sweet Corn, Shishito Peppers, Jicama, Plantains, and Cilantro $15.49

IMG_8251.jpeg

This was surprisingly spicy for Disney food, it has a sweet and spicy glaze that goes well with the juicy white meat chicken. The crust on the chicken is crispy, and the serving size is pretty big. Instead of rice I mobile ordered the macaroni and cheese and this was excellent as well, not that different than your typical easy mac but the pasta was cooked perfectly and went well with the chicken. The broccoli was so weird I couldn't even eat it, it just had a bizarre sweet but bitter flavor and was so undercooked it was basically raw. I love broccoli, so that's saying something! I would 100% order this chicken again along with the macaroni. I have a super high spice tolerance and this was legitimately spicy (comparable to hot buffalo wings), if you are sensitive I would definitely steer clear.

Ithorian Pasta Rings: Plant-based Meat Marinara Sauce and Pasta with a side of Roasted Vegetables served with choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DASANI® Water. $8.99

My friend really enjoyed her pasta (no pic, sorry!), she didn't mind the broccoli so perhaps we had some from different batches or I was being dramatic, who knows! :rotfl:

We shared the Outpost Puff for dessert.

Outpost Puff: Chocolate Pastry filled with Guajillo Chocolate Mousse finished with Thai Tea Panna Cotta, Spiced Pineapple, and Confectionary Debris $7.29

IMG_8252.jpeg

I cannot really describe this as there was so much going on! The pastry and mousse were quite light, though I was glad we shared as it was a huge portion. I don't remember a lot of the flavors but the pineapple stood out, and whatever the base that the pastry was on (possibly the pana cotta?) was very plentiful and tasty. This dessert is a bit unusual but we liked it and would recommend giving it a try if you like the sound of the individual flavors. I wouldn't need to get it every trip, but it was a fun treat.

Kat Saka’s Kettle

I’ve had my eye on the popcorn in Batuu for a long time and finally got some! It seems like reviews are really mixed, but Molly from All Ears likes this, so I thought I’d give it a try.

Outpost Popcorn Mix: a colorful blend of Sweet and Spicy flavors $6.49

IMG_8254.jpeg

I actually really enjoyed this. If you like kettle corn, that’s basically what this is. I think the red seasoning has a hint of chili but it’s like a level 1/10 spicy. The purple popcorn tastes a lot like fruit loops. It’s unique, and the bag I had was fresh and I dumped it into a ziplock freezer bag I had in my backpack and snacked on it over a few days. I would get this again as it’s a nice change from butter popcorn!

Milk Stand

I love blue milk and get it pretty much every time I go to Galaxy’s Edge.

Blue Milk: Plant-based blend of Coconut and Rice Milk with alluring fruity characteristics $8.49

IMG_8255.jpeg

I wish the cup was a little bigger for the price, though I’m glad they’ve at least kept the cool frosty looking cups as it’s a bit more fun than a regular plastic cup. Skittles smoothie is my go-to description for this!

Sanaa - 10% AP Discount

We took the bus from HS to AK and then from AK to AKL, and made it just in time for our dinner reservation at Sanaa. The restaurant was fairly empty as our ADR was for 5:15 and they opened at 5:00. I spotted one remaining two-seater table by the windows, and to our luck that’s where we were seated!

IMG_8257.jpeg

Of course, we had to start with the bread service.

Indian-style Bread Service: Choice of Five Breads and with all Nine Accompaniments - Traditional Naan, Garlic-Ginger Naan, Spiced Naan, Onion Kulcha, or Paneer Paratha. Accompaniments - Cucumber Raita, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Mango Chutney, Tomato-Date Jam, Tamarind Chutney, Coriander Chutney, Garlic Pickle, Red Chile Sambal, or Spicy Jalapeño-Lime Pickle $19

IMG_8268.jpeg

I also requested the 10th secret spicy sauce, which I believe uses Thai bird's eye chillies, which are HOT.

The bread service was everything I could have wanted, we liked all of the breads and all of the sauces, as neither of us are picky eaters! I remember really enjoying the chutneys, and none of them were particularly spicy. The 10th secret sauce was not really any spicier than the spiciest sauces on the tray, we thought they were comparable to Taco Bell Fire sauce. If you can handle medium salsa easily I think you could handle all of these sauces!

I know they say don’t eat anything spicy before a race, but since we were only doing a 10k we didn’t care! :hyper:

I think I had a pomegranate lemonade which was tasty, nothing too special but I enjoyed it. And I had an extra agave straw with me from Joffrey's!

IMG_8262.jpeg

For my entree I chose the seafood curry and cilantro-coconut vegetables from the Potjie Inspired:

Potjie Inspired: Choose one from the Journey - Goan Seafood Curry, Butter Chicken, or Braised Beef. Choose one from the Harvest (Plant-based) - Chickpea Wat, Aloo Masala, or Cilantro-Coconut Vegetables. Served with scented Basmati Rice $30

IMG_8280.jpeg

I must confess, my nose was quite stuffed up that day and I was struggling to really taste everything with my lack of smell. However, I still really enjoyed the flavors I could taste and the textures were wonderful. This was very mild but flavorful and everything was perfectly cooked, overall a super comforting dish that I would 100% order again.

The portion size is not huge, unless you are a small eater I think you will want to split an appetizer such as the bread service or have dessert to be full. That said, I don’t think I finished my entire meal, but if we were splitting the bread service between a few more people then it would have been the exact right amount of food!

My friend had the salmon, which was the fish of the day:

Today's Sustainable Fish* (Market Price) Prepared with Geelrys Rice, Sukuma Wiki, and Citrus Butter

IMG_8279.jpeg

I forget the price but it was probably around $30-35. She really enjoyed it as salmon is her favorite fish!

Overall we absolutely loved our meal. The restaurant is quite small so it is more relaxed than some of the other table service restaurants. The animals were really active and running around as it was dinner time. Sitting by the window as the sun went down was perfect, I’m so glad that we got that spot! I can’t wait to go back, I definitely recommend dinner after an AK park day as the resort is just a few minutes from the park.

IMG_8277.jpeg

We saw lots of animals through out window, I kept having to turn around and take pictures during the meal!

IMG_8281.jpeg

After dinner we walked from Kidani Village to Jambo House to check it out before catching the bus back to AK and then back to Movies. On the way, we saw a cat!

IMG_8284.jpeg

To be continued!

"Pineapple Fruit Cup $5.69

Currently thinking about how my Costco has been selling whole pineapples for $1.38 all winter long here in MN!"

That would kill me. Kill me! I don't mind paying $1.50 for 1 banana but that is crazy.

In!great start!
Thanks for reading!

"Pineapple Fruit Cup $5.69

Currently thinking about how my Costco has been selling whole pineapples for $1.38 all winter long here in MN!"

That would kill me. Kill me! I don't mind paying $1.50 for 1 banana but that is crazy.
I swear all my rational purchasing goes out the door at WDW 😂 Too bad Disney wouldn’t let me cut and sell pineapple all day at the food court, I’d be a millionaire in no time at those prices!

Saturday, 2/26 - Magic Kingdom

We ran the 10K on Saturday morning, I think my alarm was for 2:55AM and we walked onto the bus at Movies a little before 3:30. The race was fabulous, and we are going to do it again next year!

IMG_8300_edit.jpeg

The night before we each picked up a Runner’s Pack from the food court which included a plain bagel, peanut butter, Nature Valley Oats ‘n Honey granola bar, and a small bottled Dasani water for $9.99. No picture as I was too tired that morning to remember to take one! I think we just ate the bananas and PB while waiting for the race to begin...$10 banana, oops!

After the race we got lots of snacks including water, powerade, a banana, sunflower seeds, fruit leather, scoops chips, plastic cheese, and another granola bar. Also an applesauce squeeze pouch, which is the only thing I think I actually ate!

IMG_8320.jpeg

After cleaning up we had some breakfast at the resort before heading to Magic Kingdom. I forgot to get a picture but my friend had Mickey waffles, and I had a ham and cheese omelet. Typical value QS breakfast!

Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company

Iced Caramel Latte $6.09

IMG_8339.jpeg

You all know I love these lattes! We waited a long time, probably 30 minutes at least. I don’t even drink caffeine but I still need my (decaf) coffee sometimes! It was so hot this day (every day this trip, honestly) and so it really hit the spot.

Storybook Treats

My friend had never had lemon dole whip before, so we both got the Snow White cone from Storybook.

Snow White Cone: DOLE Whip® Lemon, Blue Cone, Chocolate Bird, and Sugar Bow $6.49

IMG_8342.jpeg

This was delicious, we asked for cups to put the cones into right away as they would have melted immediately. I like pretty much every flavor of dole whip, the lemon version is just a bit more tart than the pineapple variety. The blue cone was just a regular cone but was fun to look at!

Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe

Both of us just wanted something “healthy” and not fried, which is a tough ask in MK. Since my friend is pescatarian, that does narrow down the options quite a bit. We settled for salads from Pecos Bill, neither of us were too excited about these.

Southwest Salad with Chicken: Mixed Greens topped with Seasoned Chicken, Roasted Corn and Bean Salsa, Tomatoes and Tortilla Crisps $11.29 (or $9.99 sans chicken)

IMG_8343.jpeg

I also ordered some chips, those are healthy, right?

Tortilla Chips and Queso $5.99

The salads were actually decent, the greens were really fresh and the chicken wasn’t awful. They definitely are skimpy on the amount of dressing they give you. I would order this again in a pinch, if I can’t bring myself to eat another cheeseburger or chicken nuggets! I miss the toppings bar, I did ask for some salsa and sour cream which the CM was happy to give me (no charge).

Aloha Isle

Raspberry Swirl Cup: Raspberry-Pineapple Swirl DOLE Whip® $5.99

IMG_8352.jpeg

Because it was so gosh darn hot that day, we got another dole whip! I had the raspberry swirl as I do love to double dip with flavors.

Capt. Cook’s

We could not fathom another meal in MK, so we took the monorail to the Polynesian to check out Capt. Cook’s. My goodness, was this an experience.

I’m not sure if they’re understaffed or what, but the line to order wasn’t moving, and I heard lots of complaints from guests at the mobile order pickup area. We tried refreshing for a mobile order window while in line, but were unsuccessful. The line was short but we still didn’t move an inch in 15 minutes. I somehow was able to refresh for an immediate window at Kona Cafe To Go, so I ordered us a few things to supplement the noodles my friend was planning to order from Capt. Cook’s.

I believe I had time to refresh the mobile order windows for over 15 minutes (it did take that long to get a Kona window, so it was a miracle we got it), order, and go upstairs to pick up my order, and return to Capt. Cook’s before my friend was able to receive her noodles. It was just nuts! I heard some guests were waiting over an hour for their food after they mobile ordered. Wowza!

Pan-Asian Noodles and Vegetables $9.29

No noodles picture because I was tired and off my game that day, but these were pretty standard. It was a good sized portion for one and my friend enjoyed them.

Kona Cafe (mobile order to go) - 10% AP Discount

Here’s the haul from Kona Cafe:

Spicy Tuna Roll: Ahi Tuna, Spicy Mayonnaise, Cucumber $18

Rainbow Roll: Tuna, Salmon, Shrimp, Hamachi, Lump Crab, Cucumber, Avocado $24

Rainbow Poke: Tuna, Salmon, Shrimp, Hamachi, Fresno Chili Peppers, Lotus Root, Spicy Ponzu $20.00

IMG_8353.jpeg

Based on our experience, I would make sure to reserve a mobile order window well before your meal time for both Kona Cafe or Capt. Cook’s. The windows when we went were really far out, and we were not expecting that. This was the most refreshing I have ever done for a mobile order window, and you have to be REALLY quick if you do see an immediate time pop up. We saw a few windows and missed them because we were not fast enough. You can click “I’m here, prepare my food” 5 minutes before your window starts, just like with Genie+.

The AP discount was a nice surprise, but the sushi is definitely really overpriced. My friend enjoyed the tuna roll, and the rainbow roll I had was decent, though not a standout. It was definitely much bigger than the tuna roll, though it was much more expensive so it should be!

IMG_8355.jpeg

The rainbow poke was interesting, I’m not sure much in the description really matched what I got but there was definitely a lot going on and it was unique. The rice was really tasty as it was seasoned. Still, this was a far cry from the nigiri platter I had at Takumi Tei when it was open, in terms of freshness and overall quality. The fish was chopped up so finely, I would have preferred larger chunks. There was a spicy seaweed crisp that wasn’t in the description that I enjoyed, I think it had some wasabi topping that I liked even though I'm not a wasabi fan. The Fresno peppers are quite hot, watch out if you're spice averse (they were under the rice and easy to avoid)! I don't recall any lotus root or spicy ponzu sauce like the description indicated.

Not sure I’d get Kona Cafe again as it was very average sushi, just a step above grocery store quality. However, it did the job for us as we were still not feeling like regular MK QS food. I want to try Kimono’s at the Swan sometime, as I hear the sushi is much better and more reasonably priced, which was my biggest criticism of Kona Cafe.

I will have one more post that includes our breakfast at Topolino’s, our Epcot day, and our final half-day at Magic Kingdom. Thanks for reading!

I found your report! Andi has asked for the 10th sauce At Sanaa and we were told it is made with ghost peppers!
I wonder if they changed it. The ghost pepper sauce was 10/10 hot in my opinion. I tried a pin head taste and thought it was so spicy!
I love the blueberry mousse from Satu’li I get it almost every time we eat there!
I’m happy to hear it was hot this trip and not really cold!
I have really heard good things about the sushi at Kiminos. That it is really yummy. The hours are limited there, we have tried to eat there a couple times and it was closed, bummer!

I found your report! Andi has asked for the 10th sauce At Sanaa and we were told it is made with ghost peppers!
I wonder if they changed it. The ghost pepper sauce was 10/10 hot in my opinion. I tried a pin head taste and thought it was so spicy!
I love the blueberry mousse from Satu’li I get it almost every time we eat there!
I’m happy to hear it was hot this trip and not really cold!
I have really heard good things about the sushi at Kiminos. That it is really yummy. The hours are limited there, we have tried to eat there a couple times and it was closed, bummer!
Yay, glad you're here! I'm not sure what pepper the sauce was honestly, but my friend cannot handle as much spice as I can and she didn't think it was that spicy either! Maybe once word got out about it, they had too many complaints lol! I had ghost pepper tots in Disneyland and those were SO spicy, all I had to wash them down was my beer cocktail, ha! I skipped the mousse the trip before and regretted it, so I had to have my own this time!

It was so nice having hot weather this time, especially since masks weren't required anymore so we were a bit more lenient than in January. I always need the heat after the long MN winter! I have a few split stays booked at Dolphin so I hope I get a chance to try Kimonos, good tip about the hours because I would probably miss it too! Disney needs more midnight dining options for those of us that need dinner #2 after park close!

Popping over from your last dining report. Great start . Looking forward to reading more.

Sunday, 2/27 - Topolino’s Terrace and Epcot

Topolino’s Terrace - 10% AP Discount, Prix Fixe $42/pp

Sorry for the delay, time just gets away from me these days!

I was not able to get an ADR for Topolino's at the 60 day mark, but I set up a Touring Plans dining alert and got the text on 1/9 that a breakfast time was available, and I clicked it immediately and got it! I've been wanting to do this breakfast since it opened, so I was so excited to go with my friend on this trip.

We got to sleep in a bit this morning, as our ADR for Topolino’s wasn’t until 9:45. We caught a bus to HS and took the Skyliner to the Riviera, what a pleasant morning!

Check-in is a bit hectic, we did it on our phones but the waiting area is definitely busy and noisy. Luckily there is quite a bit of seating. We waited about 15 minutes past our ADR time before I got the alert on my phone that our table was ready.

The tables were very spaced out with room for the characters to do a distanced lap, so there were honestly not very many tables which makes me understand why it’s so hard to secure an ADR. Pretty much every table is good as the spacing allows the characters to visit all tables instead of just breezing by. I hear that the distancing is over with characters so maybe they will add more tables in, there is certainly room for it!

IMG_8365.jpeg

We both had the POG (passionfruit orange guava) juice, this stuff is so good! After taking our drink order, the CM brought out the bucket of pastries and toppings.

Pastries: chocolate chip muffins, butter croissants, maple danish. Came with jam, honey butter, and nutella.

IMG_8376.jpeg

Oh my goodness, these were all delicious. Everything is pretty standard but it is much fresher than what you sometimes get on the buffets. The honey butter was our favorite topping, and our CM asked if we’d like another bucket before we even had to ask!

Our CM did not mention ordering multiple entrees, but I knew we could from reading reviews. My friend ordered the mushroom scramble with regular eggs (it usually comes with plant-based eggs), along with a fruit plate.

IMG_8371.jpeg

The food comes pretty quickly, as they are definitely trying to get people through, though we did not feel not rushed at all.

Wild Mushroom Scramble Spinach, Plant-based Eggs, Plant-based Sausage, Tomatoes (Plant-based)

IMG_8388.jpeg

Pretty sure my friend said this was Beyond Meat sausage. The scramble was just okay, I think the main issue is it was originally plant-based and so there is no cheese, and what kind of egg scramble (more like omelet in this case) doesn’t come with cheese! If you get this made vegetarian instead of plant-based, be sure to ask for cheese!

My friend asked about the quiche since it has pancetta, and it cannot be made vegetarian as I imagine it is pre-made.

Fruit Plate Seasonal Fruits, Honey Yogurt, Seed Granola, Toasted Sunflower Butter

IMG_8387.jpeg

The fruit and yogurt was excellent, and very fancy and plated so nicely. The fruit was so fresh!

I ordered the steak, medium-rare of course, and asked for a waffle on the side. The CM said this was her favorite combination!

Wood-fired Butchers Steak, Polenta, Pomodoraccio Tomatoes, Roasted Onions, Wild Mushroom Conserva, Watercress

IMG_8385.jpeg

Wow, this was the BEST steak I’ve had on property. I thought the California Grill filet was dreadful, and this finally erased that memory for me. It was cooked perfectly, and was very well (if a bit heavily) seasoned. Probably just salt and pepper, but it actually had flavor and just melted in my mouth. I haven’t had polenta before and was expecting to sort of eat around it but I actually really enjoyed it and it went well with the steak. This was a 10/10 dish for me and I can’t wait to go back and have it again. I think $42 for the steak, drink, pastries, and extra sides/entrees is a steal for Disney pricing, I would pay for this steak even without the character experience!

Sour Cream Waffle Roasted Apple, Chantilly, Orange-Maple Syrup, and served with choice of Smoked Bacon, Ham, Sausage, or Plant-based Sausage

IMG_8386.jpeg

The side of waffles is the same as the entree, just without the meat (though I'm sure you could ask for some). The waffle was really light with a crisp exterior, and I’m glad I tried it, but it wouldn’t be a main dish for me. The orange is the predominant flavor and it’s just not my favorite flavor for a waffle. The orange is mostly in the syrup and whipped cream, the waffle itself is lovely. It's nothing like Mickey waffles as it is super light and airy and doesn't have the malted taste.

IMG_8384.JPG

We saw all the characters and the parade of characters twice during our breakfast, and we were there for only an hour or so. Our CM was so nice and friendly and we had a really enjoyable experience. We complimented all of the characters as they came by and took selfies, they are so adorable! We are awkward adults and didn’t really know what to say on the second visit but they are used to that and did a few poses before moving along, phew!

IMG_8394_edit.jpeg

We didn’t finish our second round of pastries so the CM brought us a box to take them with us, how nice! After our meal we headed to the terrace to check out the view, it is so gorgeous up there.

IMG_8406.jpeg

I definitely recommend trying to secure a reservation for breakfast at Topolinos if you can, I had great luck with the TP reservation finder (as long as you are ready to reserve as soon as you get the text).

IMG_8405.jpeg

It was so worth the price, as not only is it a great opportunity to see the characters, but the food was actually really good! My friend was like I could just have unlimited pastries and POG and be totally happy!

Club Cool

Club Cool finally reopened, woohoo! I am not a soda drinker usually but I have fun trying all the different kinds. I didn’t take any notes on the flavors, but I do remember liking a few of them. Beverly was terrible though not as bad as I remembered, I think I finished my few sips instead of dumping them out if that means anything.

IMG_8417.jpeg

The Dominican Republic drink was very much like a creamsicle. I loved the Korean juice though I really wish it was sparkling instead of still. My other favorite was Moldova, the raspberry was very strong and this was carbonated so I mixed it with the Korean juice for a fancy blend.

The Cucumber sprite was basically Sprite with a hint of cucumber. I think most people say the drink from China tastes like BBQ, and they are correct.

This was such a fun experience, I wouldn’t wait to do it but if it’s not busy definitely stop by. The floor is still sticky even after the remodel!

La Cava del Tequila

The line for La Cava was a bit shorter this trip than in January, though I find the Mexico Pavillion confusing and much harder to navigate now that they have separate lines for everything.

La Cava Avocado: Tromba blanco tequila, melon liqueur, fresh avocado and lime juice. Served frozen with hibiscus salt rim $17

IMG_8418.jpeg

We both had the avocado margaritas again, delicious and creamy and no avocado taste! The CM was explaining to a guest that the flavor is mostly melon, I agree though it is subtle. Very refreshing and not too sweet. I don't enjoy tequila but I make an exception for this drink.

Sunshine Seasons

Continuing our “healthy” trend of this trip, we stopped for a snack at Sunshine Seasons.

Fruit and Cheese Plate $6.69

Hot Cheetos $2.99

IMG_8419.jpeg

The fruit and cheese plates were great, had a ton of cheese, and the grapes were nice and crispy. Excellent strawberries as well. This is a great snack and is a slightly better deal than getting those packs of babybels or cuties mandarins.

Of course, I couldn't resist the hot cheetos.

Regal Eagle Smokehouse

For dinner, we tried the new BBQ at the America pavilion. I’d heard mixed but generally positive reviews.

North Carolina Chopped Smoked Pork Butt Platter: Chopped Pork Butt topped with our North Carolina Vinegar Sauce served with Garlic Toast and your choice of side $12.99

IMG_8423.jpeg

The pork butt platter was kind of similar to pulled pork, I got the macaroni & cheese on the side for us to share. The garlic toast was great, I could eat a few of those! Very similar to the bread at Raising Cane's. The mac was solid but not something I’d go out of the way for, I prefer a creamier mac like we had at LTT in January. The pork was pretty terrible, it wasn’t inedible or anything but it was not good. It tasted how it looked, very mediocre. It was a pretty small portion as well, the toast was bigger than the portion of meat! I was expecting a bit more chew or texture to the meat, but it was really just soft and mushy, it would probably be better in a bun than on its own.

My friend had the plant-based option:

BBQ Jackfruit Burger Plant-based Burger on Garlic Toast topped with BBQ Jackfruit, Plant-based Mayonnaise and Lettuce served with your choice of side $12.99

She kind of made a face when trying this, she said it was just okay but I think she was being kind. She had the house-made pickles as a side, which we both enjoyed, lots of vinegar

I grabbed a few of the barbecue sauces but none of them were memorable to me. I don’t think I will be back here anytime soon, and would definitely recommend you check out Polite Pig instead. Everything at Regal Eagle was very bland and textureless and clearly for a mild palate, I am no barbecue expert as a Minnesotan but I just don't think this is it.

Karamell-Küche - 20% AP Discount

I wanted a few sweets to take home, so I stopped by Karamell Küche. There was a really long line to order, but I realized they do mobile order and there were plenty of times open so I had my order in minutes! AP discount was a nice surprise for me.

IMG_8426.jpeg

Werther's® Original® Caramel Butter Bar $4.49

I’ve heard the butter bar is a bit of a cult favorite, I thought this was tasty but extremely rich, I could only eat a small bite at a time. Think a super greasy shortbread bar, the caramel flavor isn't as pronounced as I was expecting. Maybe a 3.5/5.

Werther's® Original® Caramel Square with Milk Chocolate and Sea Salt $4.29

The chocolate caramel square was the winner for me, this was exactly what I was expecting and I wish I had gotten another. I don't think you can go wrong with chocolate covered caramel though!

Gelateria Toscana

My friend really wanted to try the new gelato place in Italy, so she stood in line to order while I found a good spot against the railing for us to watch Harmonious. We probably had our spot for an hour and 20 minutes before the show, and got one of the last spots in the area against the railing.

Gelati in a Cup: Two Scoops of Italian Ice Cream in a Cup. Choice of Chocolate, Vanilla, Pistachio, Cookies & Cream, Stracciatella, Amerena Cherry $7.95

IMG_8430.jpeg

No mobile order so my friend stood in line for a little over 15 minutes. She had both pistachio, and I had a scoop of pistachio and amarena cherry. They were both delicious! The portion isn’t huge, but it was plenty for me. I would get this again! I'm bad at understanding the difference between gelato and ice cream but this gelato tasted less creamy to me than regular ice cream, it's a bit icier. The flavors are very nice and there weren't many chunks of toppings. It feels a bit "healthier" so I'll let myself believe that!

We had an excellent view for the fireworks, and the best part was that we were able to sit the entire time. Many people were behind us and also sitting, I’m not sure if this is usually the case or if there just weren’t any CMs around to ask us to stand.

Monday, 2/28 - MK and Departure

We skipped breakfast and munched on our leftover pastries from Topolino’s the day before while waiting for the bus. We waited for three buses that morning, and the line probably tripled behind us. Crazy!

The Lunching Pad

I had the cream cheese pretzel for the first time in January and loved it, so we had to get it again.

Cream Cheese Warm Stuffed Pretzel Warm Stuffed Pretzel filled with Sweet Cream Cheese $7.19

IMG_8470.jpeg

It’s a savory pretzel, and the flavor is like cream cheese wontons! Easily shareable, though I’m sure I could put one away on my own!

Intermission Food Court (All Star Movies QS)

We had an afternoon flight to catch, so we decided to have lunch at the resort before heading back to MCO. My friend had the Impossible burger again as she loved this earlier in the trip:

Impossible™ Barbecued Market Burger with Arugula, Tomato, Avocado, Barbecue Sauce, and a choice of Side $12.79

I decided to go with the grilled chicken sandwich:

House-seasoned Grilled Chicken Sandwich: House-seasoned Grilled Chicken topped with Bacon, Cheddar, Lettuce, and Tomato on a Toasted Brioche Bun served with French Fries $11.99

IMG_8473.jpeg

This was actually really fresh and delicious, as it’s made to order like the burgers. The grilled chicken patty was huge and juicy, and I am a big fan of lettuce and tomato and cheese on all my sandwiches. The fries were plentiful as usual, and this was a solid last meal to end our trip on. We definitely thought the ASMo food court was a step above Pop’s, despite having very similar options.

And that’s a wrap, thanks for reading!

Enjoyed your reviews. I loved breakfast at Topolinos and hope to do this again in August!
I would do the steak and a waffle on the side, perfect!
Was the granola and fruit also part of the choices? Looked really yummy!
I have wondered about Regal Eagle, heard very mixed reviews as well.
We would probably just get the onion rings if we went.
I had no idea you of the AP discount at the caramel shop.

Thanks for the update, was really good to read through and pick up some tips! We've got a breakfast at topolinos booked and I'm so excited for it :D
Better late than never, right! Glad you found it useful! I'm so excited for you, that was one of the best meals I've had, I so want to go back. And you'll have character hugs!

Enjoyed your reviews. I loved breakfast at Topolinos and hope to do this again in August!
I would do the steak and a waffle on the side, perfect!
Was the granola and fruit also part of the choices? Looked really yummy!
I have wondered about Regal Eagle, heard very mixed reviews as well.
We would probably just get the onion rings if we went.
I had no idea you of the AP discount at the caramel shop.
Thanks for reading and enjoying as always, Caroline! The fruit and granola is an entree but I can't imagine ordering just that, pity to anyone who thinks they can only order one thing! I would still give Regal Eagle a try, the sides were solid and we could have just had a bad day with the barbecue. I've never met an onion ring I didn't like! The AP discount was such a surprise, I suppose it applies to the shop as a whole, I sure wish there were more discounts!

Loved your reviews.,
Thanks so much for following along, it makes me happy to hear people enjoy reading them!

I’ve heard the butter bar is a bit of a cult favorite, I thought this was tasty but extremely rich, I could only eat a small bite at a time. Think a super greasy shortbread bar, the caramel flavor isn't as pronounced as I was expecting. Maybe a 3.5/5.
Thanks for your report. I thought I was the only one who wasn’t a huge fan of the caramel butter bar. I was really looking forward to it when I tried it a few years ago, since I love both caramel and shortbread. I couldn’t taste either shortbread or caramel; all I could taste was sweetness. It would probably benefit from a little salt. I couldn’t even finish it!

Thanks for your report. I thought I was the only one who wasn’t a huge fan of the caramel butter bar. I was really looking forward to it when I tried it a few years ago, since I love both caramel and shortbread. I couldn’t taste either shortbread or caramel; all I could taste was sweetness. It would probably benefit from a little salt. I couldn’t even finish it!
It was definitely soooooo sweet. I took it home to share and it took two of us a few days to finish it! It was so greasy and I definitely prefer a more crumbly shortbread. I agree on the salt! Thanks for reading!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter