2 bedroom standard view kidani

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, we have enough points for either a 1 bedroom savanah, or 2 bedroom standard view. Do the standard 2 bedroom villas rooms have a chance of facing the parking lot, or roof? Thanks!

No roof views that I can think of but there are standard views that look over parking areas.

Thank you! I realized last night after going to bed, I meant to ask about Jambo house! Same views go there-parking lot view is a possibility?

At JH, standard is pool view. Value gets the parking lot views.

Remember, at JH, all two bedrooms are lockoffs, none are dedicated.
My feeling about AKL/AKV is that you can get a standard view anywhere, but you can only get a savanna view there. So we always get a savanna view.

Thank you! I realized last night after going to bed, I meant to ask about Jambo house! Same views go there-parking lot view is a possibility?

Standard view at Jambo is either pool view (which is blocked a lot by trees and you may see some of the lower roofs and there are partial savannah views that were reclassified due to looking over the people pens.

Thanks, if we decide to stay, I think would stick with the savanna view then-thank you!

None of the standards at Jambo face the parking lot. The original standards there all faced the pool. Because of a conversion done several years ago, more than half the standards at Jambo now actually have savanna views -- those rooms converted from savanna view because their views were not the best (but most are still pretty good). If you order a standard view at Jambo and request a room along Kudo trail (the left half of the U-shaped building), you will have a decent chance of getting a savanna view room since all the standards along Kudo Trail are converted savanna view rooms.

Sorry to jump in, but I’m booking a 1 bed next week, will have to go standard as don’t have enough points for savannah. Was intending to do Kidani for the 2 baths, but now not so sure. What is your recommendation, is it worth trading a bath for the view ?

Sorry to jump in, but I’m booking a 1 bed next week, will have to go standard as don’t have enough points for savannah. Was intending to do Kidani for the 2 baths, but now not so sure. What is your recommendation, is it worth trading a bath for the view ?
Not in my opinion. Every time we have stayed in a savana view room, we have felt we wasted points as we are not in the room enough to enjoy the view. We now stay in standard view rooms and use the public viewing areas when we are leaving or returning to the resort.

I also prefer having Kidani if you have a 1 or 2BR regardless of whether it is standard view. The room is just so much better than Jambo -- about 100 sq ft larger, two bathrooms in a 1BR, more closet space, and the master bath has separate tub and shower (Jambo has a combined tub and shower and the step-over to get into the tub for the shower is very high--older persons with any knee issues really need to first sit down on the side and then swing around just to get in).

You can get a Pembe savanna view with standard (rooms converted from savanna view) at Kidani by requesting near the Pumba elevator (which request has a decent chance of being met because few request it, including because it does result in a long walk to lobby and bus stop)

As to switching from a 2BR to a 1BR to get savanna view, that doesn't make sense to me. If you need or want the space of a 2BR, a 1BR just won't do.

I think a savanna view is a must for DH and myself, but then we look forward to sitting on the balcony each day to watch the savanna and see the animals. It is something we enjoy doing. My least favorite view is a pool view and it is not the view but the noise each afternoon for the pool parties. The overly loud speaker always carries into the rooms often with the balcony doors shut. And it is like that all the Disney resorts, DVC, deluxe, moderate or value.

I also think the 2 bathrooms are more important than the view. We have booked standard 1 bedrooms exclusively in Kidani. No real nice views ever, but happy nevertheless.

I laugh reading the different opinions because we are all so different. My family are all Jambo people. We have done a lot of split stays so we have been staying at Jambo twice a year.
We only used points for Savannah once. We have gotten reclassified rooms booking standard and pool views. Like them all. You don't have to walk far from any room to see animals. The flamingos are next to the pool at Jambo and often many animals walk down there.

I just can't justify using the points. Like Mara (qs) as a close walk from most standard view rooms. Like the lobby and gift shop better.
I'm very glad we all don't agree or it would make booking even harder.

I also prefer having Kidani if you have a 1 or 2BR regardless of whether it is standard view. The room is just so much better than Jambo -- about 100 sq ft larger, two bathrooms in a 1BR, more closet space, and the master bath has separate tub and shower (Jambo has a combined tub and shower and the step-over to get into the tub for the shower is very high--older persons with any knee issues really need to first sit down on the side and then swing around just to get in).

You can get a Pembe savanna view with standard (rooms converted from savanna view) at Kidani by requesting near the Pumba elevator (which request has a decent chance of being met because few request it, including because it does result in a long walk to lobby and bus stop)
Drusba fantastic advice. I will be requesting Pumba, I love walking so that gives me no issue.

So true Splashboat! We stayed at Jambo originally, then went to Kidani. We enjoyed Jambo so much better, for the reasons you mentioned, plus I love their large pool area. That's what makes the world go round....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter