2 BR Standard at AKV Jambo

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
I have a 2 bedrrom villa at OKW booked for the first week of April. I'm hoping to make a young lady's dream come true and get into Jambo House. We won't have enough points for a Savanna view but am wondering how many standard and value rooms there are.

All 2-bedrooms in Jambo House are lock-offs, and there are:
Value: 10
Standard View: 34
Savanna View: 33
Club Level: 5

Though you should have a decent chance, be aware there is a risk Jambo standard 2BRs could disappear before 7 months out (mainly as a result of studio reservations since all 2BRs at Jambo are lock-offs), lesser risk for the savanna view. At Kidani, both standard and savanna view should be open (and the 2BRs are larger and nicer rooms than those at Jambo).

If you are able to get standard view at Jambo, you should consider making a request for a room along Kudo Trail. More than half the standards at Jambo are rooms converted from savanna view and those converted rooms generally have decent views. All the standards on the Kudo Trail side of the building are converted rooms and thus best chance to get a standard room with a savanna view is requesting to be on that side of the building.

As to Kidani, you can potentially get a standard room with savanna view of Pembe savanna (the one without giraffes) by requesting a room near the Pumba elevator. However, getting that request would result in very long walks to lobby and bus station.

Thanks everyone. I will try at exactly 7 months and waitlist if it isnt available. The young adults in my family love OKW so we will be fine either way. We took DS's gf to Saana for lunch last month on her very first trip to WDW amd she was in awe. I know she would love a stay at Jambo.

I was able to get a standard view studio in Jambo House at four months for last March (week before Spring break rush). It was only for 3 weekday nights, so that may have been a help. But I had a pool view.. not too shabby of a "standard" view! Good Luck!

I was able to get a standard view studio in Jambo House at four months for last March (week before Spring break rush). It was only for 3 weekday nights, so that may have been a help. But I had a pool view.. not too shabby of a "standard" view! Good Luck!
That's the great thing about "standard" views at Jambo...they are all either pool view or partial savanna view. There are no parking lot views at Jambo unless you get stuck in one of the two lock-offs in the value category that face the parking lot. I had a standard studio booked at Jambo for me and my daughters for this October that I snagged right at the 11-month mark. I love to be near the front of the resort. It's close to the restaurants, bus stop, laundry room and it will have a pool view. Then I found out that the pool is undergoing a major refurbishment and will be closed for a couple MONTHS, including the entire month of October. Ugh! I was lucky and managed to piece together the same reservation over at Kidani instead. Now, we run the risk of having a parking lot view:sad:.

The parking lot views for the values are much quieter than the pool views. The afternoon pool games and music is so loud you still hear it when the balcony door is closed. There are so many trees in front of those value rooms that you don't really notice the parking lot.

With a standard view you have a chance at a partial savanna view.

I booked my home resort and because it’s a birthday trip and I thought the girls would enjoy Kidani (the 2 bd has a 3rd bathroom) I waitlisted for 10/01-10/04 during Food and Wine, I didn’t really think it would happen. I waitlisted in May and my waitlist came through last month. But I’ve booked Kidani at the 7 months mark several times and always gotten my 2bd. Good luck!

Last edited:
I would open up your options and look at kidani as well. The 2BR on that side have 3 bathrooms. Even without the savanna view there are still many areas where you can go to view the animals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter