2 days to go! Last minute tips?

Karlan29

Earning My Ears
We are there 2/27-3/5. 4 adults , an 8 yr old and a 5 yr old. This is our first time (so excited!) to Hawaii and Aulani. The kids are registered at Aunties for premium activities, we have cabana rentals, car rental for 1 day, Pearl harbor tix, luau reserved, breakfast/dinner ressies made,....I think we are set. Any last minutes tips or suggestions?

You are going to have such an awesome time! We just got back from our first trip to Aulani last weekend, and it was great. My kids are 7 and 4. We had them registered at Aunty's, which is very neat and welcoming place, but they were just not into it (the littlest decided to be super-shy), so instead we spent nearly everyday in the pools and at the beach. All kids are different, I'm sure yours will love Aunty's.

Food-wise, I suggest getting the refillable mugs at Ulu Cafe or a few other locations on property if you like coffee / soda / ice tea.

Right across from Aulani are a few shops and restaurants. We really enjoyed Monkeypod Kitchen (went for dinner there twice). Good food and service. The pizza place there was okay but our experience at the Mexican restaurant there (Just Tacos) was awful. There is also a mini-mart (Island Country Market). A couple of times we ordered a whole pizza from on-property and brought it up to our room (Ulu Cafe); it was convenient and reasonably tasty. It's available after 5pm.

Nights were cool but pleasant (mid-high 60s). You may want to bring a light jacket or sweater, and maybe an umbrella. You can sign out boogie boards and sand toys at the beach kiosk, first come, first served (they book out fast!). The beach is clean and the water refreshing ;).

Our kids loved the Menehune Adventure Trails - indoor and outdoor interactive scavenger hunts. Check out the Daily Iwa for all of the day's events. We also went to the Community Hall several times for DVD rentals, colouring sheets and crayons, and to sign out boardgames. A lot of activities took place there.

Have an amazing time!!!

Check out the Daily Iwa to see what activities are happening. We loved to do the animation class where you learn to draw a character then you paint an animation ceil.

Eat poke when you're there! Eat breakfast in the room. And pack lunch to eat by pool or wherever you are. Cheaper.
Remember to bring grocery bag when you shop. They charge you for bags.
Freeze water bottle and use them to cool food.
Start saving $$$ now for your next Hawaiian trip. Trust me you would want to return. :)

Have a great great time. We're heading there next weekend. I cannot wait. :)

Eat poke when you're there! Eat breakfast in the room. And pack lunch to eat by pool or wherever you are. Cheaper.
Remember to bring grocery bag when you shop. They charge you for bags.
Freeze water bottle and use them to cool food.
Start saving $$$ now for your next Hawaiian trip. Trust me you would want to return. :)

Have a great great time. We're heading there next weekend. I cannot wait. :)
Grocery bags...did not know this. Frozen water bottles...great idea! Thanks

Check out the Daily Iwa to see what activities are happening. We loved to do the animation class where you learn to draw a character then you paint an animation ceil.
Never noticed this, thanks!

In addition to reading the daily Iwa, don't forget there is a character hotline you can call to get the daily meet and greet schedule. Ask the front desk for the number.

And yes, as a PP said, go ahead and start saving for next time! You will love it!!

In addition to reading the daily Iwa, don't forget there is a character hotline you can call to get the daily meet and greet schedule. Ask the front desk for the number.

And yes, as a PP said, go ahead and start saving for next time! You will love it!!
Animation class sounds fun! Daily Is a..check. These are great tips!

BIL loved snorkeling in the enclosed pool there. Sister enjoyed the free exercise class on the beach. Kiddies loved Aunties which gave the adults much relaxation time. We started our last trip with a buffet breakfast and ended with the buffet dinner (surprisingly good, and much better than our previous trip). Also, you can get lots of groceries, supplies, and gear at great prices at the Costco and Target (several restaurants in the mall there as well), which are both one freeway exit before the Aulani exit. Just don't go there anytime near rush hour! We made a stop there and our normally 5-minute drive turned into 45 minutes of stop-and-go traffic due to all the people getting off from work.

Hope you have a great trip!

BIL loved snorkeling in the enclosed pool there. Sister enjoyed the free exercise class on the beach. Kiddies loved Aunties which gave the adults much relaxation time. We started our last trip with a buffet breakfast and ended with the buffet dinner (surprisingly good, and much better than our previous trip). Also, you can get lots of groceries, supplies, and gear at great prices at the Costco and Target (several restaurants in the mall there as well), which are both one freeway exit before the Aulani exit. Just don't go there anytime near rush hour! We made a stop there and our normally 5-minute drive turned into 45 minutes of stop-and-go traffic due to all the people getting off from work.

Hope you have a great trip!
Good to know...heard traffic is absolutely horrendous.

Love these tips! We're headed to Aulani for the first time on Sunday...I cannot wait, especially as it's raining and cold in San Francisco.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter