2 Dreams in One Day

Parisite

Earning My Ears
We just got back from a 1-day stopover in Orlando. We chose Epcot. My 2 DD's and I got to the park before 9AM. They started letting people in at 8:45but held everyone behind a rope near Spaceship Earth. Most people went to the right side to hit Soaring first, but we went left to go to Test Track. A CM stopped us and invited us to be the "Family of the Day". We were taken behind the rope and led to a spot where we couldn't be seen where many characters were waiting. Photographers took photos with us and all the characters. We were loaded into a Test Track vehicle and driven to the rope to wave at the waiting crowd who wre told to greet the "Family of the Day". We were brought to Test Track to be the first riders while the rope was lowered behind us for the rest of the crowd to enter the park. On the way, other cast members were waiting to shake the kids' hands and offer high fives to the lucky winners. We were given coupons for free photos, ice cream, fast passes for Soaring and priority seating for Illuminations.

Later in the day, we were watching Voices of Liberty. They sang "Skip to My Lu". Since they have 9 singers, one of the males was left w/o a partner as he sang "Lost my partner, What will I do?" He approached my 8 year old DD sitting in front and asked her name and where she was from. He then asked her to come up and be his partner for the rest of the song, as he sang, "I'll get another one, a pretty one too." After the show a CM gave her the 2 Tinkerbell pins (one to keep and one to give away). She was probably supposed to offer it to someone she disn't know, but she promptly handed the other one to her big sister, who I think would have been distraught if she saw it going to starnger.

It was an amazing day for all of us!

That is fantastic!! How lucky you and your family are! I think she was right to give the other pin to her sister!! :thumbsup2

What a great day for you and your family! I was really surprised at much I enjoyed The Voices of Liberty. We were just glad to be out of the heat at first, but we REALLY enjoyed their performance.

We also got to be the Family of the Day on January 1st, 2007 at Epcot. We had a similar experience to yours. Pretty cool way for us to start the year. We also got autographed pictures of our favorite characters, free photos, and got to ride with both of the Dream Squad cast members Elton and Stephanie. Isn't it amazing!?! Congrats to you and your family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter