2 DVC cruises for 2019!

Interesting... I just compared the cash pricing for next year's Bermuda Member Cruise (points price is always ridiculous) to the current cash price for 2018 Bermuda (2019 not available until next week).

https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/media/dvc/catalog/resorts/cruise/2019MCPtCht050818.pdf

2019 MC is one day longer, includes tips, port fees and taxes, and is actually cheaper. I wonder if this means that we may see lower DCL pricing for Fall 2019?

Seriously contemplating this one, since I won't need plane tix.

@HookdonWDW I had the same thought! We could totally drive to NYC to debark; however, the stop in Boston is less appealing - we're from MA already - we've seen enough of Boston :)

@HookdonWDW I had the same thought! We could totally drive to NYC to debark; however, the stop in Boston is less appealing - we're from MA already - we've seen enough of Boston :)
I know the feeling! We're from MA also...would love a cruise to start/end in Boston...but a stop...I have no need to get off the ship!

I was born in Boston, and grew up less than an hour outside of the city. I can always find things to do for the day. If nothing else, it's a good excuse to head to the Aquarium or Fanuil Hall, lol.

Interesting... I just compared the cash pricing for next year's Bermuda Member Cruise (points price is always ridiculous) to the current cash price for 2018 Bermuda (2019 not available until next week).

https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/media/dvc/catalog/resorts/cruise/2019MCPtCht050818.pdf

2019 MC is one day longer, includes tips, port fees and taxes, and is actually cheaper. I wonder if this means that we may see lower DCL pricing for Fall 2019?

Seriously contemplating this one, since I won't need plane tix.

not sure what your checking.....i just look at the 2018 NYC 6 nights to Bermuda........... and my family of 4 would cost 9744 on the 7 night member's cruise or 6375 for the 6 night in a 9A room. now add in the cost per night on the 6375 so we will add 1000 to it your at 7400 so DVC is adding a 2,000 dollar premium for this cruise.......INSANE 10,000 to take a family of 4 on a members cruise let that sink in......i am going on the magic over thanksgiving this year and its a 7 nighter and it cost 6600 for a balcony room i booked it july 2017

i just did the cost of the cruise from the dinsey cruise website.....

can you provide the "cheaper" math???? i am always shocked on the mark up for these cruises....

I was born in Boston, and grew up less than an hour outside of the city. I can always find things to do for the day. If nothing else, it's a good excuse to head to the Aquarium or Fanuil Hall, lol.

Very true! Although, I would probably try and avoid all touristy things given that's where the excursions are likely to go!

On another note, does anyone know what their cancellation policy is for member cruises? This looks appealing, but DH and I are TTC and if we book, we could either 1) have an infant < 6 mos or 2) be >24 weeks PG by the time the cruise rolls around...

not sure what your checking.....i just look at the 2018 NYC 6 nights to Bermuda........... and my family of 4 would cost 9744 on the 7 night member's cruise or 6375 for thr 6 night in a 9A room. now add in the cost per night on the 6375 so we will add 1000 to it your at 7400 so DVC is adding a 2,000 dollar premium for this cruise.......INSANE 10,000 to take a family of 4 on a members cruise let that sink in......i am going on the magic over thanksgiving this year and its a 7 nighter and it cost 6600 for a balcony room i booked it july 2017

i just did the cost of the cruise from the dinsey cruise website.....

can you provide the "cheaper" math???? i am always shocked on the mark up for these cruises....

Either price changed since I checked, or I inverted a number... I was showing the pricing as about $200 less.

As far as $10K being insane for a vacation for a family of four, I think that depends on individual budgets. Others would look at going to Disney at all or the cost of DVC membership to be insane. Many of us spend much more than that on vacations. I will agree that MC aren't for everyone.

I'm thinking we may book the Bermuda one. Cheap airfare for us to get to NYC, and it's a good time of year for just DH and I to go just before Canadian Thanksgiving weekend :)

Either price changed since I checked, or I inverted a number... I was showing the pricing as about $200 less.

As far as $10K being insane for a vacation for a family of four, I think that depends on individual budgets. Others would look at going to Disney at all or the cost of DVC membership to be insane. Many of us spend much more than that on vacations. I will agree that MC aren't for everyone.

yeah i am showing 2,000 more when i ran my numbers.....i get it some people can afford to spend any amount on a vacation i am not saying that i am more going after the premium DVC charges on top of the Premium DCL charges....i guess i should not be shocked but i have a feeling when the release oct 2019 out of NYC your going to see two book end cruises that are 20-25% cheaper....the week before or after....

when you compare it to what they charge for the thanksgiving cruse its even more sticker shocking.....

Current DVC management uses DVC as a reason to charge more and make more money for cruises and other events. Seems that they are correct, most events sell out.

:earsboy: Bill

On another note, does anyone know what their cancellation policy is for member cruises? This looks appealing, but DH and I are TTC and if we book, we could either 1) have an infant < 6 mos or 2) be >24 weeks PG by the time the cruise rolls around...

For categories 11C-4A. Also keep in mind for member cruises if paying cash, it is full payment up front:

90 or More Days Before Sail Date All Reservation Points will be returned to the Use Year in which the reservation falls, or 100% of the cash payment will be returned
89 to 56 Days Before Sail Date Forfeiture of 20% of Reservation Points or 20% of cash payment made
55 to 30 Days Before Sail Date Forfeiture of 50% of Reservation Points or 50% of cash payment made
29 to 15 Days Before Sail Date Forfeiture of 75% of Reservation Points or 75% of cash payment made
14 Days or Fewer Before Sail Date Forfeiture of all Reservation Points or all cash paid

Just checked the points/cash price of the Boston/Bermuda. Way to much $$$ for us.

thanks @keaster - that's great information! I can handle cancelling 3 mos out if need be, but if it was like "must cancel w/in a year" to get your $$ back, that would just not be possible to plan for.

Had to google what it meant to be "Ticket and Transportation Center." I see now.

My be a bit risky to book. This happened recently.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/emily-jackson-disney-magic-cruise-kicked-off-pregnant/

Cancellation policy aside, in the last few weeks of pregnancy, my wife was especially sensitive to motion. Postpartum, we were the walking dead for a bit. Obviously, YMMV (we may have just been weak sauce), but I wouldn't have enjoyed a vacation much during those times.

Had to google what it meant to be "Ticket and Transportation Center." I see now.

My be a bit risky to book. This happened recently.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/emily-jackson-disney-magic-cruise-kicked-off-pregnant/

Cancellation policy aside, in the last few weeks of pregnancy, my wife was especially sensitive to motion. Postpartum, we were the walking dead for a bit. Obviously, YMMV (we may have just been weak sauce), but I wouldn't have enjoyed a vacation much during those times.

@Bing Showei that made me laugh! I sometimes forget how acronyms mean one thing in one context and one in another! :)

I'm amazed Disney is so strict on their 24 weeks policy - but really, if that woman didn't have a note/tell them, how would they REALLY know? Not that I'd want to try to sneak one past the mouse!

When you've been the "ticket and transportation center" for awhile now, you don't plan your life around "what ifs" - its too hard and heartbreaking to - just have to be aware of possibilities and know how to change your plans if you need to!

I was thinking of doing the Pacific Coast cruise, but for my family of 4 it would be at least $6000. I looked at this cruise for 2018, and the price was under $4000. The extra $2000 seems difficult to justify. I am used to DCL being pricey, but typically the Pacific Coastal cruises are some of the cheaper ones offered.

OK so this is going to be the DUMBEST question out there. And I am 100% overthinking this I'm sure. Are the prices listed per person or for 2 adults?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!