2 DVC cruises for 2019!

I'm excited my DH just told me if I rent my points for enough in order to paid for the whole cruise, we can go. I'm going for the West Coast cruise with extra days on both ends of the cruise. Pixie Dust worked. Now I just need to rent my points.

We have plenty of airline points to cover the flights and Marriott points for the hotels. I'm so excited.

Wonderful!!

I don’t know about these prices! We are a family of 5, so for the San Diego 5 night cruise, the cheapest inside connecting room (cat 10) will cost almost $9k (both my preschoolers will be charged the adult rate) for the two rooms. The only option sleeping 5 in one room (aside from concierge) is cat 4 which is $10.5 k! I don’t know if this is worth it?
A family of 5 is a challenge on the Wonder & Magic. The Dream & Fantasy have more options. We did really enjoy having 2 cheaper connecting cabins rather than the cat 4. The veranda makes me nervous with the kids anyway, and it was great to have an extra bathroom. Oh, and we got 2 of each of the cabin gifts!

This will be our 1st MC also. I made some late half-hearted calls for the 2018 MC, and never got through - worked out fine because we have other events for our kids at that time (like we figured we would).
Even though they say the phone lines open at 10am, you can call and get in the queue at 9am??
Also trying to plan the attempt to book - DH will be out of town in KY with one DS and I don't know if I should call on 2 phones (other DS manning one) AND have DH try to call from KY?
If it says 10 am, that is when you will be first able to get in the queue. Remember it is Eastern time.

Feeling similarly... leaving from NYC means I wouldn't even have to drive, which is super convenient. But I've already been to Boston a million times :-)

We have been to Boston a million times too. Lived there 10 years also. The good news is there are so many lectures and other DVC events on board you don’t feel guilty about staying on the ship!

And then they can offer them back to owners as OTU points for $17!
Right. When we became members in 1997, the point value for cruises was good (at least that is what I remember). Now, untenable.

We just got off the 2018 San Diego to Vancouver cruise and while we had a good time, I don't really want to repeat it. My DH is really interested in the Oct 2019 MC so we are still mulling it over. It would be our first MC! Just doing more research to figure out what exactly you get/experience on these member cruises....

We just got off the 2018 San Diego to Vancouver cruise and while we had a good time, I don't really want to repeat it. My DH is really interested in the Oct 2019 MC so we are still mulling it over. It would be our first MC! Just doing more research to figure out what exactly you get/experience on these member cruises....

Quick question...when you cruised from San Diego to Vancouver did you cruise under the Golden Gate Bridge ?

Quick question...when you cruised from San Diego to Vancouver did you cruise under the Golden Gate Bridge ?
The Wonder does travel under the Golden Gate Bridge when visiting San Francisco. We got to enjoy that experience in 2011. :)

How were the seas? Any rough areas? How was the time in Victoria?

We did!!! We were only there one day (previous cruises have been in SF for two days) so we sailed under it at approx 5:45am (Dh and I got up and saw it from our verandah, then went back to bed until 8am lol) and then when we left I think it was around 5:30pm? It was amazing!

How were the seas? Any rough areas? How was the time in Victoria?

I think we lucked out because the seas were very calm for the most part. I was expecting it to be rougher (we have done the Van to San Diego cruise as well and our second night leaving Vancouver Island/Victoria it was very rough!) Decent weather definitely played a part in the calmness of the water.

We are from Vancouver and have visited Victoria numerous times so it wasn't a draw for us. We took the free shuttle from the port to downtown, walked along Government Street so I could get my Rogers Chocolates (highly recommend!), visited the Bay Centre mall for a bit then got back on the shuttle to the ship. Think we were only gone a total of 90 minutes! The weather was the best that day in Victoria so we stayed up on the pool deck all afternoon, it was a great way to end the cruise!

We did!!! We were only there one day (previous cruises have been in SF for two days) so we sailed under it at approx 5:45am (Dh and I got up and saw it from our verandah, then went back to bed until 8am lol) and then when we left I think it was around 5:30pm? It was amazing!

I heard from the crew that they would depart SF early this year but 5:30pm is really early. Looking back at previous years, they left at 11pm, 11:30pm, 2am and 2:30am. I live fairly close to the cruise terminal and a few years ago, I drove by at around midnight and was surprised to see people still getting off the ship.

I heard from the crew that they would depart SF early this year but 5:30pm is really early. Looking back at previous years, they left at 11pm, 11:30pm, 2am and 2:30am. I live fairly close to the cruise terminal and a few years ago, I drove by at around midnight and was surprised to see people still getting off the ship.

I guess that's because in previous years they didn't stop anywhere but SF? Since we also stopped in Victoria we then had to boot it up the rest of the west coast to get to Victoria for 9am on the Sunday.

Ugh our Canadian dollar is taking a beating with a looming trade war! Sadly we may not book the Bermuda cruise next week as payment needs to be in full...so that $6,566 in US would now be $8,665 in CDN. :crazy2:

Ugh our Canadian dollar is taking a beating with a looming trade war! Sadly we may not book the Bermuda cruise next week as payment needs to be in full...so that $6,566 in US would now be $8,665 in CDN. :crazy2:
Very sorry to read that.

Logged on to the DVC website to check something and apparently, when the phone lines open next Saturday for booking, they will ONLY take calls for between 10EST and 3pm EST for folks that are booking the new member cruises (or if you have a stay coming up in the next 5 days and need to speak to guest services) Between 3pm and 6pm any DVC member can call about anything. Guess we will see if this expedites the process at all....we are on the west coast so I'll be setting my alarm to get up early Saturday morning!

I know, it's gross right now and continues to take a beating :sad2: I just switched our cabin for our October cruise this year from a 5C to a 10A GTY on the Fantasy to save nearly $1K Canadian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter