2010: What's on the Emerald Aisle?

I have been a member of the Emerald Club for almost 2 decades and just got bumped to Executive level, not because of many rentals but because it became a perk with American Express Platinum membership. I am looking forward to our WDW trip in Feb. 2011 to check out the Executive Aisle.

I have been a member of the Emerald Club for almost 2 decades and just got bumped to Executive level, not because of many rentals but because it became a perk with American Express Platinum membership. I am looking forward to our WDW trip in Feb. 2011 to check out the Executive Aisle.

Thanks for the tip! I was able to login to my AMEX and it was a piece of cake to upgrade to executive. :cool1: I wonder what we'll score on our Feb trip.....

Side B, 10:00am today:

Every single car was a sedan. No minivans, SUV's, convertibles, etc.

Lots of Malibus & Caprices, 1 Fusion, 1 Avenger and several Chargers.

Does it Matter?
The whole point of the emerald isle is to not have to wait in line at a counter behind the foreign tourists who on average take 10 minutes to rent a car.
Bypass the counter with the aisle.

NOT waiting in line usually saves at least 30mins to an hour dependent upon your arrival date/time. I waited in line before the aisle (couple of decades ago) for an hour and a half once.....last time.

It has been a while for me for MCO...I have had VW bugs there before. Know it has changed.
No. It doesn't matter as long as you can live with any of the vehicles that are available.

Back before my wife and I had kids, it really didn't matter to us because we knew that there would be half a dozen Pontiac G6. Now that we have kids, however, we need something larger. We still gamble on EA and have mostly been lucky and drove off in a full-size vehicle, but it is a risk. That's why I find this thread (and it's predecessors) very useful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter