2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

Question about F&W cocktails and WS cocktails in general:

Do they advertise how many oz. of alcohol are in each one? Where I'm from it's customary to display how much of the cocktail is alcohol, that way you know what you're getting. A $14 drink is expensive, but when it has 3 oz. of alcohol it isn't that bad!

No they do not provide this information. Also I wouldn't bet on 3 oz of alcohol in even the pricier drinks :rolleyes1 especially at Mexico where the margarita prices have gone sky high. The adult beverages are a total rip off at food and wine but it's still fun to try them!

Edited to add that the China f&w kiosk and permanent kiosk (joy of tea?) seem to free pour their alcohol so you might get 3 oz there. I've always felt like it was a better value proposition at Food & Wine than some of the other booths, most of which have pre-made cocktails and even the CM pouring your drink wouldn't be able to tell you how much liquor is in it.

No they do not provide this information. Also I wouldn't bet on 3 oz of alcohol in even the pricier drinks :rolleyes1 especially at Mexico where the margarita prices have gone sky high. The adult beverages are a total rip off at food and wine but it's still fun to try them!

Edited to add that the China f&w kiosk and permanent kiosk (joy of tea?) seem to free pour their alcohol so you might get 3 oz there. I've always felt like it was a better value proposition at Food & Wine than some of the other booths, most of which have pre-made cocktails and even the CM pouring your drink wouldn't be able to tell you how much liquor is in it.

Thanks so much! This is just foreign to me, that drinks would be served without knowing what you're buying. But at least I know that I won't know ahead of time!

The "getting drunk" at Disney always amazes me because they do NOT put a lot of alcohol in those drinks (with the exception of China... those are STRONG!) You get a 6 oz premixed drink that had the bare minimum alcohol in it to begin with. How do you get drunk on these? LOL! For a lot of them you can't even tell there's any alcohol.

The "getting drunk" at Disney always amazes me because they do NOT put a lot of alcohol in those drinks (with the exception of China... those are STRONG!) You get a 6 oz premixed drink that had the bare minimum alcohol in it to begin with. How do you get drunk on these? LOL! For a lot of them you can't even tell there's any alcohol.

So true! That's what DH always says. That and at the cost of the drinks, he says you have to be really rich to get drunk at the F&W Festival.

Count me in as (not so) patiently waiting for dates to be announced for 2018! Our trip is 8/25-9/1. I'm desperate to know what date F&W will start, because our day-to-day plans depends on it! And, our date to make ADR's is quickly approaching. :scared:

Count me in as (not so) patiently waiting for dates to be announced for 2018! Our trip is 8/25-9/1. I'm desperate to know what date F&W will start, because our day-to-day plans depends on it! And, our date to make ADR's is quickly approaching. :scared:
I know how you feel! Our trip is 8/22-8/31 and I’m also “(not so) patiently waiting” as well.

Drink wine. Or beer.

By spending entirely too much money.

2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival to start on August 31, 2018?

I just noticed this morning that WDW has released the August 2018 park hours. The park hours for Epcot on Friday, 8/31, are 9:00 am to 10:00 PM which leads me to believe that will be the start date of this year's festival.

Hopefully an official announcement from WDW is coming soon!

Drink wine. Or beer.

I must have a high tolerance. A thimbleful of wine and 3 oz of beer means I would have to spend hours in line to get enough to get drunk

So if you are drinking the special Food and Wine offerings, it's going to take a while (and cost a fortune!)

Now if you camp out in the pub in UK then....

I must have a high tolerance. A thimbleful of wine and 3 oz of beer means I would have to spend hours in line to get enough to get drunk

So if you are drinking the special Food and Wine offerings, it's going to take a while (and cost a fortune!)

Now if you camp out in the pub in UK then....
Naw! I have a high tolerance... French Canadian blood (or that's what my sister and I say is the cause!). Grab a sake, maybe a lovely vodka slush, wine... :)

Agree that it would be tough just with beer... even a couple of La Maudite or La Fin du Monde... ;)

We buy our "regular" cocktails during the festival (slushies in France, margaritas in Mexico, sake in Japan, beer in Canada, etc.) and then we split the drinks at the F&W booths just to get a taste of something different. Mind you, we don't go there to get drunk, but we do like a little buzz from our "regular" drinks - not enough to scare the kiddos or be obnoxious, though. :-)

We buy our "regular" cocktails during the festival (slushies in France, margaritas in Mexico, sake in Japan, beer in Canada, etc.) and then we split the drinks at the F&W booths just to get a taste of something different. Mind you, we don't go there to get drunk, but we do like a little buzz from our "regular" drinks - not enough to scare the kiddos or be obnoxious, though. :-)

This is what I'm looking for. Not interested in getting drunk, but I'm not looking for a cocktail that tastes like juice!!! I want to taste the alcohol!!! Especially at Disney prices. I've been looking around at various menus and it doesn't seem to be common practice to advertise the alcohol content in any of the cocktails at Disney. Where I'm from every restaurant always list how much alcohol is in a cocktail (ie. 1.5 oz) and the alcohol percentages in beer.

This is what I'm looking for. Not interested in getting drunk, but I'm not looking for a cocktail that tastes like juice!!! I want to taste the alcohol!!! Especially at Disney prices. I've been looking around at various menus and it doesn't seem to be common practice to advertise the alcohol content in any of the cocktails at Disney. Where I'm from every restaurant always list how much alcohol is in a cocktail (ie. 1.5 oz) and the alcohol percentages in beer.

Yep, you won't find that at the food booths. Like the other posters have said, most of the drinks are pre-mixed. We have found quite a bit of variation in their strength from batch to batch. We've had some "bottom of the barrel" pre-mixed drinks that are pretty strong, but it's hit and miss.

If you really want to know the alcohol content in the beers that are there, you could download the "Untappd" app and look them up beforehand or as you go. We use the app when we're out and about at home, and decided it would be fun to log in our tastings the next time we're at Disney, too. Take, for example, the ever-popular Schofferhofer Grapefruit beer that everyone is crazy for - it's only 2.5% ABV. I'm sure that's why most people like it if they're not big beer drinkers - coupled with the fact that it's pretty sweet and easy to drink. They also had a Schofferhofer Zitrone one year at the festival that is also 2.5% - it tasted like lemonade to me. If you're going for a higher alcohol content, having the app could help you pick and choose the ones that best suit you. And, once you've logged a beer you've tasted in the app, it will tell you if any places near your home have it on tap!

This is a bit of interesting news. WDW has announced that the old Wonders of Life pavilion will not serve as the festival center for the upcoming Flower & Garden Festival. There was recently some rehab work completed on the dome and building and speculation now is that new attractions may be coming to old pavilion. Wonder what this will mean for the upcoming Food and Wine Festival as this facility is used extensively for the beverage seminars and cooking demonstrations?

https://wdwnt.com/2018/02/breaking-...onger-festival-center-new-attractions-coming/

This is a bit of interesting news. WDW has announced that the old Wonders of Life pavilion will not serve as the festival center for the upcoming Flower & Garden Festival. There was recently some rehab work completed on the dome and building and speculation now is that new attractions may be coming to old pavilion. Wonder what this will mean for the upcoming Food and Wine Festival as this facility is used extensively for the beverage seminars and cooking demonstrations?

https://wdwnt.com/2018/02/breaking-...onger-festival-center-new-attractions-coming/

If I remember correctly, after the D23 EXPO last year it was reported that the Pavilion or that actual space would be developed into the new space themed restaurant they hinted at after they open the Guardians of the Galaxy attraction.

Very interesting, indeed. Thanks for sharing. I wonder if this plays into the dates not being announced yet somehow. Odyssey Center and World Showplace seem likely alternatives although latter would impact PFTS. Does Odyssey have the space to hold both beverage and cooking demos plus merchandise? Or maybe they’ll use Innoventions? Hmmm... looking forward to details on this year’s festival!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter