2017 Fall Planning

I picked up our frying pan for Flynn to sign, a couple of t-shirts for our trip and a new Thomas Kinkade Disney puzzle this weekend :yay:. Still working on party costumes and waiting (not so patiently :teeth:) for F & W festival updates.

I picked up our frying pan for Flynn to sign, a couple of t-shirts for our trip and a new Thomas Kinkade Disney puzzle this weekend :yay:. Still working on party costumes and waiting (not so patiently :teeth:) for F & W festival updates.
That puzzle sounds cute, I love Thomas Kinkade! I have his Disney Calendar hanging on my wall right now! After Christmas I picked up a Ravensburger Disney Globe puzzle because my oldest loves globes! I was going to give it to him for his birthday but I decided it would be fun for the whole family to put together sometime before we go.:) Disney shopping is so much fun, I am glad you found your frying pan! We will catch the end of F&W so I am not so patiently waiting with you for them to release more updates.:p

That puzzle sounds cute, I love Thomas Kinkade! I have his Disney Calendar hanging on my wall right now! After Christmas I picked up a Ravensburger Disney Globe puzzle because my oldest loves globes! I was going to give it to him for his birthday but I decided it would be fun for the whole family to put together sometime before we go.:) Disney shopping is so much fun, I am glad you found your frying pan! We will catch the end of F&W so I am not so patiently waiting with you for them to release more updates.:p
I have quite a few Thomas Kinkade Disney puzzles and I love them all!! I think what got me hooked, other than they're beautiful, is the fact that some have hidden characters!! I wish the girls liked puzzles, but that's ok because my Dad and I enjoy doing puzzles together when we visit for the holidays. I don't think I've ever seen a Disney globe puzzle, but I bet it will be really fun to put together!!

I have quite a few Thomas Kinkade Disney puzzles and I love them all!! I think what got me hooked, other than they're beautiful, is the fact that some have hidden characters!! I wish the girls liked puzzles, but that's ok because my Dad and I enjoy doing puzzles together when we visit for the holidays. I don't think I've ever seen a Disney globe puzzle, but I bet it will be really fun to put together!!
That's cool I never knew some had hidden characters in them! I may have to get one if all goes well with the globe puzzle.:teeth: It has curved pieces, so it should be interesting! I think the kids will start out helping me, but I will probably end up doing most of it myself, LOL!

That's cool I never knew some had hidden characters in them! I may have to get one if all goes well with the globe puzzle.:teeth: It has curved pieces, so it should be interesting! I think the kids will start out helping me, but I will probably end up doing most of it myself, LOL!
If you do decide to purchase a Thomas Kinkade puzzle, the ones I know for sure that have hidden characters are Lady and the Tramp, Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream and Beauty and the Beast Falling in Love.

Just in case anyone missed it .....

Happy Father's Day!!

If you do decide to purchase a Thomas Kinkade puzzle, the ones I know for sure that have hidden characters are Lady and the Tramp, Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream and Beauty and the Beast Falling in Love.
Lady and the Tramp is one of my favourite Disney movies! I think I might have to put that one on my Christmas list.:teeth:

Joining in! WDW 11/16-11/22, then US 11/22-11/25.

I watched thanksgiving week wait times in the MDE app last year. It scared the heck out of me. Hoping for the best!!!
Uh oh...that's when we're going too. Thanksgiving week. At least it'll be a rough week at Disney instead of at work :)

*****Food & Wine Festival Update*****

Here's the full Eat to the Beat concert line up for this year's festival:

• Delta Rae 8/31-9/1
  • The Hooters 9/2-9/3
  • Baha Men 9/4-9/5
  • Fuel 9/6-9/7
  • Starship 9/8-9/10
  • Lauren Alaina 9/11-9/12
  • Plain White T's 9/13-9/15
  • Sister Hazel 9/16-9/17
  • Air Supply 9/18-9/20
  • David Cook 9/21-9/22
  • Everclear 9/23-9/24
  • Sugar Ray 9/25-9/27
  • 38 Special 9/28-9/29
  • Mark Wills 9/30-10/1
  • American Authors 10/2-10/3
  • Christopher Cross 10/4-10/5
  • Devon Allman 10/6-10/8
  • Dennis DeYoung: The Music of STYX 10/9-10/11
  • Taylor Dane 10/12-10/13
  • Jeffrey Osbourne 10/14-10/15
  • Postmodern Jukebox 10/16-10/17
  • 10,000 Maniacs 10/18-10/20
  • Toad the Wet Sprocket 10/21-10/22
  • Kenny G 10/23-10/24
  • Billy Ocean 10/25-10/26
  • Tiffany 10/27-10/29
  • Hanson 10/30-11/1
  • Blue October 11/2-11/3
  • Living Colour 11/4-11/5
  • Boys ll Men 11/6-11/8
  • Big Bad Voodoo Daddy 11/9-11/11
  • Squeeze 11/12-11/13

Question about concerts...I want to see Boyz II Men in 11.9. We are planning to be in Epcot that day but hopping to mk for dinner at liberty tree at 725pm. If we go through the 530 show will we be able to make it for dinner at mk? I can try to change dinner to 8pm just in case.

*****Food & Wine Festival Update*****

Here's the full Eat to the Beat concert line up for this year's festival:

• Delta Rae 8/31-9/1
  • The Hooters 9/2-9/3
  • Baha Men 9/4-9/5
  • Fuel 9/6-9/7
  • Starship 9/8-9/10
  • Lauren Alaina 9/11-9/12
  • Plain White T's 9/13-9/15
  • Sister Hazel 9/16-9/17
  • Air Supply 9/18-9/20
  • David Cook 9/21-9/22
  • Everclear 9/23-9/24
  • Sugar Ray 9/25-9/27
  • 38 Special 9/28-9/29
  • Mark Wills 9/30-10/1
  • American Authors 10/2-10/3
  • Christopher Cross 10/4-10/5
  • Devon Allman 10/6-10/8
  • Dennis DeYoung: The Music of STYX 10/9-10/11
  • Taylor Dane 10/12-10/13
  • Jeffrey Osbourne 10/14-10/15
  • Postmodern Jukebox 10/16-10/17
  • 10,000 Maniacs 10/18-10/20
  • Toad the Wet Sprocket 10/21-10/22
  • Kenny G 10/23-10/24
  • Billy Ocean 10/25-10/26
  • Tiffany 10/27-10/29
  • Hanson 10/30-11/1
  • Blue October 11/2-11/3
  • Living Colour 11/4-11/5
  • Boys ll Men 11/6-11/8
  • Big Bad Voodoo Daddy 11/9-11/11
  • Squeeze 11/12-11/13

Question about concerts...I want to see Boyz II Men in 11.9. We are planning to be in Epcot that day but hopping to mk for dinner at liberty tree at 725pm. If we go through the 530 show will we be able to make it for dinner at mk? I can try to change dinner to 8pm just in case.
According to the Disney website, the Eat to the Beat concerts should last 35 minutes. Last year was the first time we had park hoppers, so I'm not sure about traveling between Epcot and MK personally. However, I have read to allow 20-40 minutes when using the monorails between the two parks. Add that to the time it would take to walk from the back of World Showcase to the front of Epcot and then walking from the front of MK to LTT and I think you might make it as long as the concert doesn't run over and there are no delays with the monorails. You could also walk from World Showcase to the Beach Club through the International Gateway(between France and UK) and catch a bus at the Beach Club to MK. However, if it were me, I think I would book a later time so I wouldn't feel rushed.

Hey, everybody! DH, DD (27) and I will be heading to Orlando Oct. 19-30. We plan to hit up a lot of attractions outside of Disney for the first 2/3, but have 4 day park-hopper tickets and will be staying at PoR from the 27th-29th.

This is our first trip. We had no idea MNSSHP was a hard ticket item. DH said no way was he going to pay for it since he already had purchased what he thought was a full day (and night!) ticket! I have to agree with him a bit since nowhere on the MDE site did it say anything about the tickets not being valid after 7PM. AAAAAAnyway, it now looks like he's 70% leaning towards my suggestion of buying a party ticket for one of our pre-Disney evenings. That's quite the turn-around!

Have our ADRs. Actually had more ADRs, but decided to save some money and whittled them down. Now I'm waiting for our 60 day FP window! Who else will be there the last two weeks of October?

Hey, everybody! DH, DD (27) and I will be heading to Orlando Oct. 19-30. We plan to hit up a lot of attractions outside of Disney for the first 2/3, but have 4 day park-hopper tickets and will be staying at PoR from the 27th-29th.

This is our first trip. We had no idea MNSSHP was a hard ticket item. DH said no way was he going to pay for it since he already had purchased what he thought was a full day (and night!) ticket! I have to agree with him a bit since nowhere on the MDE site did it say anything about the tickets not being valid after 7PM. AAAAAAnyway, it now looks like he's 70% leaning towards my suggestion of buying a party ticket for one of our pre-Disney evenings. That's quite the turn-around!

Have our ADRs. Actually had more ADRs, but decided to save some money and whittled them down. Now I'm waiting for our 60 day FP window! Who else will be there the last two weeks of October?

We'll be there the last week of October for MNSSHP! You're more than welcome to check out my MNSSHP planning thread. Lots of great info including printable pdf's. I highly recommend you start on page one and go through all the pages as I've added news and articles that may impact your visit. Here's the link: https://www.disboards.com/threads/mnsshp-2017-my-party-plan-strategy-in-the-making.3604086/

My DH came home from work the night I last posted and said, "You know what? Let's do it!" We'll be attending Oct. 19th, the day of our arrival. Thanks for the link!

We love staying at POR and the Halloween party is one of our favorite things to do at Disney. Be sure to pick up a first visit button when you check in at POR. I hope you have a wonderful trip and a spooktacular time at the party :hmghost:!

Our trip is getting closer! This week I have made FPs, customized MBs, ordered Halloween party tickets, made our packing list and picked out which food & wine booths we want to try: Active Eats, Almond Orchard, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Cheese Studio, Chocolate Studio, Coastal Eats, Earth Eats, Farm Fresh, Germany, Greece, Hawaii, Hops & Barley, India, Ireland, Islands of the Caribbean, Italy, Morocco, Refreshment Port, Thailand, and Wine & Dine Studio. Still looking for a BOG lunch reservation and working on party costumes. Hope everyone's plans are coming along. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!