2018 banked pts not being extended

Has anyone with Aug 2018 Use Year Points that were banked into 2019 actually seen the extension added in the system? Mine haven't been extended yet, so just wondering what others are seeing.
We are JUNE UY and still havent seen those 2019 points get moved. Will call Monday AM again.

I agree with you 100% that they should have included the rules in the FAQs because these extended points have some,

Without the rules for use, it leaves it open for assumptions. As you said, they are free to attach whatever rules they want, but they have made it difficult for members who found this out, have spent hours on the phone or waiting in chat, only to be told their access to the points won’t be until after they actually expire.

It is why I sent that email yesterday even though I have no 2018 points. As I posted somewhere already, I have been pretty supportive of the way they handled things...but the communication on this specific point has not been good at all. They dropped the ball for sure.
Thank you for sending that email even though you have no 2018 banked points.
However, for those of us who do have 2018 banked points with June, Aug, Sept, and Oct UY's I am not expecting good nows.

IMHO, the problem started when DVC decided (and announced) they were extending 2018 banked points for the June UY until Nov 30, 2020. I posted at that time, I thought DVC had "jumped the gun" by making that announcement before they knew when the resorts would actually reopen. I later posted that because they had extended 2018 banked June UY points until Nov 30, 2020, they were almost required to also extend 2018 banked points for Aug, Sept, and Oct UYs until at least that same Nov 30, 2020 date.

Also, IMHO, I think (pure speculation on my part) DVC now realizes they did in fact jump the gun in announcing the extension for June UY 2018 banked points, and wishes they could rescind those extensions. While rescinding those extensions would cause an uproar, since they never announced how those extended 2018 banked points could be used, they can put so many restrictions on them, that they are effectively unusable. If they are unusable it has the same effect as if they were never extended.

I hope I am wrong, but we will wait and see once June UY's try to use their extended 2018 banked points, and you post the response you receive to your email.

Last edited:
Thank you for sending that email even though you have no 2018 banked points.
However, for those of us who do have 2018 banked points with June, Aug, Sept, and Oct UY's I am not expecting good nows.

IMHO, the problem started when DVC decided (and announced) they were extending 2018 banked points for the June UY until Nov 30, 2020. I posted at that time, I thought DVC had "jumped the gun" by making that announcement before they knew when the resorts would actually reopen. I later posted that because they had extended 2018 banked June UY points until Nov 30, 2020, they were almost required to also extend 2018 banked points for Aug, Sept, and Oct UYs until at least that same Nov 30, 2020 date.

Also, IMHO, I think (pure speculation on my part) DVC now realizes they did in fact jump the gun in announcing the extension for June UY 2018 banked points, and wishes they could rescind those extensions. While rescinding those extensions would cause an uproar, since they never announced how those extended 2018 banked points could be used, they can put so many restrictions on them, that they are effectively unusable. If they are unusable it has the same effect as if they were never extended.

I hope I am wrong, but we will wait and see once June UY's try to use their extended 2018 banked points, and you post the response you receive to your email.
June UY here and yes I want access to my 45 points that got put back to 2019 after my April trip was cancelled. Will Call MS back tomorrow morning because as of today May 31 is when the point would have technically expired .

I agree with you 100% that they should have included the rules in the FAQs because these extended points have some,

Without the rules for use, it leaves it open for assumptions. As you said, they are free to attach whatever rules they want, but they have made it difficult for members who found this out, have spent hours on the phone or waiting in chat, only to be told their access to the points won’t be until after they actually expire.

It is why I sent that email yesterday even though I have no 2018 points. As I posted somewhere already, I have been pretty supportive of the way they handled things...but the communication on this specific point has not been good at all. They dropped the ball for sure.
A thousand Likes! Why just have a few sentences instead of ALL the rules? I spent last night and this morning trying to decipher my account. I have eight contracts and four had eligible April, May and June cancelled reservations. Only one had banked points (36); all had some 2020 borrowed, plus the 2019 points. Since they are currently sitting in a mid-June reservation, which I hope they cancel, since some points were in Holding and some not, I am thinking about sending an email, too. I would list contracts w the eligible reservations and see what the response is. Would appreciate some clarity on what the "real" rules are.

I have found MS to be very accommodating, even before the announcement. I called to cancel 2 reservations using 2 different contracts a few weeks ago & the rep never questioned any of my requests. They allowed me to banked my June 2019 points from an April 2019 cancellation into 2020 & they reversed Aug 2021 points I had borrowed for an Aug '20 cancellation.

I have found MS to be very accommodating, even before the announcement. I called to cancel 2 reservations using 2 different contracts a few weeks ago & the rep never questioned any of my requests. They allowed me to banked my June 2019 points from an April 2019 cancellation into 2020 & they reversed Aug 2021 points I had borrowed for an Aug '20 cancellation.

I am glad that you got everything worked out. The frustrating part for some is the inconsistency. Many members here have been told several times that the late banking of June 2019 points would not and could not happen until June 5th.

Yet, you had a CM who went ahead and processed your late banking for Aug UY already and got things reallocated.

It should not be CM dependent on when a member gets extension to happen. If your CM was able to bank those points for you immediately than no member should be told after an hour on hold that they have to wait,

I did hear back from DVC and it simply was a message that they would pass along my concerns and suggestion. They did not address the rules which I asked them to specifically clarify for me.

Last edited:
I am glad that you got everything worked out. The frustrating part for some is the inconsistency. Many members here have been told several times that the late banking of June 2019 points would not and could not happen until June 5th.

Yet, you had a CM who went ahead and processed your late banking for Aug UY already and got things reallocated.

It should not be CM dependent on when a member gets extension to happen. If your CM was able to bank those points for you immediately than no member should be told after an hour on hold that they have to wait,

I did hear back from DVC and it simply was a message that they would pass along my concerns and suggestion. They did not address the rules which I asked them to specifically clarify for me.
Thank you, so much, for trying. The confusion over no clear and distinct rules is going to negate a lot of the Goodwill for which they were aiming, IMO. People naturally create their own perspective of what DVC "means" in those sparse few sentences from Wednesday. Why didn't they address this originally and keep it simple?

many phone calls, was very pleasant in what I was asking, waiting hours on the phone and have got no where. Why the inconsistency. I am happy for those that got it worked out but its not right that some have been helped and many not.

wonder why it doesnt apply to all.

It will still take a phone call to have the points transferred to 2020 if you want to reuse them right away otherwise I've read that they will be working to get them switched without requesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter