2018 Bounce Back released today!!

Have you seen the BB offer availability decline also - has availability been better than the SPECIAL OFFERS? I sure hope so, because since my current trip this month, as well as the trip we're planning for March have not seen any JOY in SPECIAL OFFERS....

The only thing that seems to remain consistent with the room only bounce back offers is that they tend to include all the resorts with the exception of a few, like 3 br villas, Poly bungalows, LM rooms, etc. The BB usually usually applies to resorts like POFQ, which usually aren't included in other offers, for example.

We have been booking bounce backs since 2013 and the room only discount used to be 35%. Now it is 30%. It also used to include dates in October and November. The last two have excluded those months. It seems as if availability is decreased, too. We have booked a bounce back and have turned around and switched it to an annual passholder discount when it had better discount rates. We always book a BB if we plan to return during one of the available dates because you can change your reservation later in the year even though you are no longer in the resort. The other benefit of booking a room only BB is that they are good for the entire year, whereas the GP and other discounts don't come out until much later.

We booked a room with the GP discount for January but will be checking to see if we can get a BB discount for that room when we are there later this month.

The only thing that seems to remain consistent with the room only bounce back offers is that they tend to include all the resorts with the exception of a few, like 3 br villas, Poly bungalows, LM rooms, etc. The BB usually usually applies to resorts like POFQ, which usually aren't included in other offers, for example.

We have been booking bounce backs since 2013 and the room only discount used to be 35%. Now it is 30%. It also used to include dates in October and November. The last two have excluded those months. It seems as if availability is decreased, too. We have booked a bounce back and have turned around and switched it to an annual passholder discount when it had better discount rates. We always book a BB if we plan to return during one of the available dates because you can change your reservation later in the year even though you are no longer in the resort. The other benefit of booking a room only BB is that they are good for the entire year, whereas the GP and other discounts don't come out until much later.

We booked a room with the GP discount for January but will be checking to see if we can get a BB discount for that room when we are there later this month.

Hope you are correct, Wood Nymph. RO at POFQ would work out perfectly for us...and IF an AP offer should happen to come along that also includes POFQ, and is better, I'll renew my AP.

The other question I have is this....bear with me, I know there have been differing opinions, and even my TA did not have any FOR SURE answer.

A couple weeks ago, some on this thread posted that they knew someone who booked BB offers for two room...and here's the questionable part. This person who reported doing this, said she was able to book one room in her own name, and another for another person, who was NOT CURRENTLY ON THE RESERVATION. I know, I know, in the past, it's always been that if you wanted to book additional rooms, each room much be under the name of someone on the current reservation, but this person swore that they changed that part. Apparently, she was told it was based now on the number of people in the current reservation, so since there were two in her current party, she could book two room - and it didn't matter that the other room was under the name of someone not currently at WDW.

If that is somehow true, it would be great, as our March trip will be two rooms....and if I could get a BB on both, well, I would be one happy camper! But I'll still be a pretty happy camper if I can even get one of them!

Hope you are correct, Wood Nymph. RO at POFQ would work out perfectly for us...and IF an AP offer should happen to come along that also includes POFQ, and is better, I'll renew my AP.

The other question I have is this....bear with me, I know there have been differing opinions, and even my TA did not have any FOR SURE answer.

A couple weeks ago, some on this thread posted that they knew someone who booked BB offers for two room...and here's the questionable part. This person who reported doing this, said she was able to book one room in her own name, and another for another person, who was NOT CURRENTLY ON THE RESERVATION. I know, I know, in the past, it's always been that if you wanted to book additional rooms, each room much be under the name of someone on the current reservation, but this person swore that they changed that part. Apparently, she was told it was based now on the number of people in the current reservation, so since there were two in her current party, she could book two room - and it didn't matter that the other room was under the name of someone not currently at WDW.

If that is somehow true, it would be great, as our March trip will be two rooms....and if I could get a BB on both, well, I would be one happy camper! But I'll still be a pretty happy camper if I can even get one of them!
LOL I was that other person. Actually it's been that way for over a year now they said they changed that policy last year unfortunately many of the CM's were not up-to-date on it . I was at Port Orleans French Quarter a couple of weeks ago with my son who is an adult. I needed to book the bounceback offer for next September for myself and two of my coworkers (with one of them being male I feel it would be best he had his own room) Since there were two adults in my room at the time I was booking, I was allowed to book 2 rooms. One had to be in my name the other one can be in any name I choose . It literally was no problem and I got lucky I guess because the girl I was working with new it automatically

LOL I was that other person. Actually it's been that way for over a year now they said they changed that policy last year unfortunately many of the CM's were not up-to-date on it . I was at Port Orleans French Quarter a couple of weeks ago with my son who is an adult. I needed to book the bounceback offer for next September for myself and two of my coworkers (with one of them being male I feel it would be best he had his own room) Since there were two adults in my room at the time I was booking, I was allowed to book 2 rooms. One had to be in my name the other one can be in any name I choose . It literally was no problem and I got lucky I guess because the girl I was working with new it automatically
Ooooooo....thanks so much for jumping in on this.....I sure hope I get a CM who knows this!!!

Ooooooo....thanks so much for jumping in on this.....I sure hope I get a CM who knows this!!!
The last one that I spoke with basically stated that they all know this but you never know. If you feel like you got somebody who's hesitant, I would just hang up and try another one. If they're unsure they're supposed to call guest relations who will remind them of the new policy.

This is great to know. There have been a few occasions when I wanted to book the bounce back for a family member who wasn't on our reservation. :)

Well, I hate to be the "dolly downer" but I had my TA check into this a bit further - here's what she reported back to me (of course, no names were mentioned, since I don't KNOW anyone's real name!!):

"I just called them and spoke with an agent who has been doing the bouncebacks for 18 years. And she read me the policy and it states that the person has to be booked in the current reservation. Up to 3 rooms. I read her what you sent me and she said it may have been a brand new agent and didn't fully understand the policy and booked the room in someones name who was not in the current booking. If that is the case they would keep the reservation booked as they can not take it away, even though the agent was incorrect. That agent would get in big trouble once the error was noticed.

Here is the phone number for the Bounce Back if you want to call yourself also. 407-503-1000. She said the policy has not changed from the past ..
."

I may give it a try anyway - what have I got to lose, right?

Well, I hate to be the "dolly downer" but I had my TA check into this a bit further - here's what she reported back to me (of course, no names were mentioned, since I don't KNOW anyone's real name!!):

"I just called them and spoke with an agent who has been doing the bouncebacks for 18 years. And she read me the policy and it states that the person has to be booked in the current reservation. Up to 3 rooms. I read her what you sent me and she said it may have been a brand new agent and didn't fully understand the policy and booked the room in someones name who was not in the current booking. If that is the case they would keep the reservation booked as they can not take it away, even though the agent was incorrect. That agent would get in big trouble once the error was noticed.

Here is the phone number for the Bounce Back if you want to call yourself also. 407-503-1000. She said the policy has not changed from the past ..
."

I also asked about booking a bb for a friend in August. I made several calls to the bb number for various reasons and each time I was told no, it was not possible to book for someone not on the trip. I did not press the matter though or ask to be transferred to guest services, so maybe that would have helped?

."

Correction on the phone number for the BB folks:

407-939-1923 for the Bounceback..

."

Sorry but she's absolutely wrong. And to tell you the truth I called the bounceback number three times before I even left on my trip and talked with the supervisor who guaranteed me that the new policy states that you can book as many rooms up to three depending on the amount of adults in the room at the time of the reservation. So that means, if you're single person going, you're only allowed to book one room ( which obviously has to be in your name) If you have two adults in the room the max you can book is two rooms ( you need to book one reservation in your name in the other room that can be with whoever you want with the same travel dates ). You need to have three adults in your room at the time in order for you to book 3 rooms but it does not have to be in the name of all three people on the reservation( only one of the rooms has to be in the name of an adult that is on the trip at the time) I did not have a new CM that was doing my reservations and I know many people who have already done this so I'm sorry but she is absolutely wrong. Very simply done, when you call book and ask for it, if the CM is confused just tell her to call guest relations they will tell her the actual policy not what used to be a couple years ago.

Last edited:
I also asked about booking a bb for a friend in August. I made several calls to the bb number for various reasons and each time I was told no, it was not possible to book for someone not on the trip. I did not press the matter though or ask to be transferred to guest services, so maybe that would have helped?
Will you also booking a room for yourself?? you can't just book the bounceback for someone else unless you're going too. You either have to be in the room with her or you need to be in another room at the same travel time. I think some people are getting this mixed up. When you're booking the bounceback the first one has to be either you or one other adult that's on the reservation at the time, the second room can be in the name of whoever you want. You can't book 3 rooms unless you have three adults in your room at the time when you're on your trip

Will you also booking a room for yourself?? you can't just book the bounceback for someone else unless you're going too. You either have to be in the room with her or you need to be in another room at the same travel time. I think some people are getting this mixed up. When you're booking the bounceback the first one has to be either you or one other adult that's on the reservation at the time, the second room can be in the name of whoever you want. You can't book 3 rooms unless you have three adults in your room at the time when you're on your trip
I'm glad this worked out for you...I will give it a try when I'm there, and we'll see what happens...it should NOT be this confusing...seems to me either it was changed or it wasn't, and everyone SHOULD be on the same page...but...who knows....we know that not all CMs get the same training, and just because someone has been there for a long time doesn't mean they know everything...

Hope you are right! But at the end of the day, I will just be really happy if I can get 1 room discounted - two would make me ecstatic!
:banana::jumping3::Pinkbounc:cool1::dance3::woohoo:

Last edited:
I'm glad this worked out for you...I will give it a try when I'm there, and we'll see what happens...it should NOT be this confusing...seems to me either it was changed or it wasn't, and everyone SHOULD be on the same page...but...who knows....we know that not all CMs get the same training, and just because someone has been there for a long time doesn't mean they know everything...

Hope you are right! But at the end of the day, I will just be really happy if I can get 1 room discounted - two would make me ecstatic!
:banana::jumping3::Pinkbounc:cool1::dance3::woohoo:
Like I said if you are unsure call the bounceback number just ask a general question I just want to make sure because I think some people are getting mixed information but I explained before you have to be traveling at the same time you have to have a reservation booked under you in order for you to book any additional rooms you can't just be there and book a bounceback for another family member and het not be going. I am already booked for next September I have two rooms at pop Century. actually both reservation numbers show up under my Disney experience under my name. the other room I took the information from the other person who will be traveling with me next year happens to be the social worker at my job believe me he was not with me at the time I just went

Like I said if you are unsure call the bounceback number just ask a general question I just want to make sure because I think some people are getting mixed information but I explained before you have to be traveling at the same time you have to have a reservation booked under you in order for you to book any additional rooms you can't just be there and book a bounceback for another family member and het not be going. I am already booked for next September I have two rooms at pop Century. actually both reservation numbers show up under my Disney experience under my name. the other room I took the information from the other person who will be traveling with me next year happens to be the social worker at my job believe me he was not with me at the time I just went
Yep - my friend Nancy and I will be there over Halloween week. Nancy is not coming along on the next trip. I plan to try to book a BB for myself and my daughter, for March, 2018. Also traveling with us that trip will be three other ladies who I would like to get a second room reservation for... Their dates start the same day ours does, but because they have a COMP day on the end, the resv I would book for them would be 1 day less...

This is my actual reservation just in case you need to show something for proof. I even have two different dining plans I have the free quick service on my reservation and I upgraded to Delux on the other one . Of course I edited out the reservations numbers. I'm on the first one with one other girl that's the two adults and Todd is the other.

Attachments

• IMG_20171005_133151.jpg
    IMG_20171005_133151.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 27

Yes. I explained that I wanted to book a room for myself, husband and kids (who were on the trip with me) and asked if I could book a room as well for someone who was not on the trip for the same dates. I was told no, every time I called (which ended up being 5 times in total).

I don't really think the people who are calling the bb are getting this mixed up. I'm not hearing about people trying to just book one room for people who are not on the trip and not themselves. I just think most of the CM's are not aware that this is even possible/allowed to do.

Like I said, I didn't press the matter because I didn't actually have the other person's information to book the room anyways. I just wanted to know if it could be done.

I totally believe that you can do this, since you did it, but I think more people are being told no they can't, then yes they can.

This is very interesting- otp w BB line now. Booked BB couple days ago- Intended to book 2 rooms (2 adults on original ressie)- was told could not get 2 rooms- and had to wait for GF Villas 2 BR to open up to modify later.

Hello everyone :) I just got out of work and I was bored so just for the heck of it I ended up calling and speaking to a cm in the office that books the bounceback offers to try to get this straightened out once and for all LOL Now the woman that I spoke to also started to tell me that I was not allowed to book 2 rooms unless it was in the names of the two adults in the room at the time. I explained the wording in the new policy that changed last year and thank God I was dealing with somebody who was very nice, she decided to contact guest relations while I was on the phone. When she got back to me she apologized and said she didn't even realize the policy had changed because the wording of it is very difficult to understand. but in the end she stated that yes, you can book 2 rooms and it does not need to be in the names of the guests staying in that room.( only one of the reservations has to be in the name of someone in that room ) I told her that I've been speaking with you guys and there seems to be a lot of confusion so this is what she said to do. If you call and manage to get someone who is not aware of the new policy, ask them to please contact guest relations while you're on the phone and they will clarify or you can ask them to speak to the coordinator which is the boss of the people that work in guest relations. She stated that she was going to let everyone in the office know about the new change so hopefully you won't have a problem the next time you call. She even said she was glad it changed because doing it the other way was very difficult when you're splitting a husband-and-wife on two separate reservations just to get two rooms she said now booking should be much easier.

Last edited:
This is my actual reservation just in case you need to show something for proof. I even have two different dining plans I have the free quick service on my reservation and I upgraded to Delux on the other one . Of course I edited out the reservations numbers. I'm on the first one with one other girl that's the two adults and Todd is the other.

Can you transfer this reservation to someone else's MDE?

Can you transfer this reservation to someone else's MDE?
I set up his MDE account before I left on my vacation, when I gave them all the information for his room one of the things they asked is his email. They gave me the two different reservation numbers when I got back from my vacation we went into his account and linked the reservation and it showed up. But back when I made it when I was there both reservations automatically showed up in my account but I added him to my friends and family and that's probably the reason why it automatically ended up in my account

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!