2018 Bounce Back released today!!

I explained the wording in the new policy that changed last year and thank God I was dealing with somebody who was very nice, she decided to contact guest relations while I was on the phone. When she got back to me she apologized and said she didn't even realize the policy had changed because the wording of it is very difficult to understand. but in the end she stated that yes, you can book 2 rooms and it does not need to be in the names of the guests staying in that room.( only one of the reservations has to be in the name of someone in that room )

Thanks for the update on the policy. Do you by any chance know where the policy is written? I would love to read it.

So, what info did you need for booking in his name - I'm assuming name, addy, phone, email...did you put the $200 down for deposit? Did you need anything else for him? I'm assuming in my case, it will be the name of the person who will be lead, as well as the her address, email, phone, and the names of the other guests in her room? She, and the others are already in my MDE as family, as we've all traveled together before, just not all at once. She actually has her own MDE account also... but I will be the chief maker of reservations, FPs, ADRs and scheduler for this trip.

I set up his MDE account before I left on my vacation, when I gave them all the information for his room one of the things they asked is his email. They gave me the two different reservation numbers when I got back from my vacation we went into his account and linked the reservation and it showed up. But back when I made it when I was there both reservations automatically showed up in my account but I added him to my friends and family and that's probably the reason why it automatically ended up in my account

Hello everyone :) I just got out of work and I was bored so just for the heck of it I ended up calling and speaking to a cm in the office that books the bounceback offers to try to get this straightened out once and for all LOL Now the woman that I spoke to also started to tell me that I was not allowed to book 2 rooms unless it was in the names of the two adults in the room at the time. I explained the wording in the new policy that changed last year and thank God I was dealing with somebody who was very nice, she decided to contact guest relations while I was on the phone. When she got back to me she apologized and said she didn't even realize the policy had changed because the wording of it is very difficult to understand. but in the end she stated that yes, you can book 2 rooms and it does not need to be in the names of the guests staying in that room.( only one of the reservations has to be in the name of someone in that room ) I told her that I've been speaking with you guys and there seems to be a lot of confusion so this is what she said to do. If you call and manage to get someone who is not aware of the new policy, ask them to please contact guest relations while you're on the phone and they will clarify or you can ask them to speak to the coordinator which is the boss of the people that work in guest relations. She stated that she was going to let everyone in the office know about the new change so hopefully you won't have a problem the next time you call. She even said she was glad it changed because doing it the other way was very difficult when you're splitting a husband-and-wife on two separate reservations just to get two rooms she said now booking should be much easier.

Thank you soooooo much for doing this! I am heading there this weekend and hoping to do exactly this, thanks for getting clarification and paving the way. I'll report back what my experience was!

Thanks for the update on the policy. Do you by any chance know where the policy is written? I would love to read it.
I actually asked her but it's something that is locked into their computers only, it is not posted online. She mentioned something about when they call guest relations and they asked the coordinator, they go into their computers under something call " The Hub" where it gives a better explanation of the policy but it's not anything that we can actually see.

So, what info did you need for booking in his name - I'm assuming name, addy, phone, email...did you put the $200 down for deposit? Did you need anything else for him? I'm assuming in my case, it will be the name of the person who will be lead, as well as the her address, email, phone, and the names of the other guests in her room? She, and the others are already in my MDE as family, as we've all traveled together before, just not all at once. She actually has her own MDE account also... but I will be the chief maker of reservations, FPs, ADRs and scheduler for this trip.
Yes they asked me for his full name, address, telephone number and email though I can't remember I think they also asked for his date of birth but I don't think that's necessary since you can add it onto the MDE account anyway. They did asked if he had an account set up which I made sure he did before my son and I left on our trip.

Thank you soooooo much for doing this! I am heading there this weekend and hoping to do exactly this, thanks for getting clarification and paving the way. I'll report back what my experience was!
No problem and remember, if you get a CM who is adamant that you can't do this have her contact guest relations and they will give a better explanation of the policy. If they continue to give you a hard time hang up and call back but the last person I talked to last night said she was going to let everyone in the office know of the new policy change (apparently they're all in one big room) I actually talked to this girl for over 1/2 hour because nobody was calling and she was bored it was probably about 1/2 hour before their office was closing LOL

Ok I have a bounce back offer question...................... We'll be visiting in November. Will this offer still be available? Ok I lied I have multiple questions :P
1. By the time our November trip (4th thru 11th) is here will this offer still be around?
2. I already have a reservation for August 21st 2018 will I be permitted to just update that offer?
3. If NOT, will I be able to cancel that resi and move the monies already applied to a new resi with the bounceback offer?

Right now we have a Standard room at the WL with the DDP. My primary request (best price) would be to update that resi to get the free dining. However, my wife and I have discussed other options that we could take if not permitted to update our current reservation. We've never done a BB before and this offer could be gold given we're going with the DDP this trip.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with these questions.

Doug :goofy:

Ok I have a bounce back offer question...................... We'll be visiting in November. Will this offer still be available? Ok I lied I have multiple questions :P
1. By the time our November trip (4th thru 11th) is here will this offer still be around?
2. I already have a reservation for August 21st 2018 will I be permitted to just update that offer?
3. If NOT, will I be able to cancel that resi and move the monies already applied to a new resi with the bounceback offer?

Right now we have a Standard room at the WL with the DDP. My primary request (best price) would be to update that resi to get the free dining. However, my wife and I have discussed other options that we could take if not permitted to update our current reservation. We've never done a BB before and this offer could be gold given we're going with the DDP this trip.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with these questions.

The FD bb is set to expire Oct. 31st. There should be a room only bb discount available during your time frame though. Dial ext. 8844 from your room to find out the exact offer. But ask about the FD bb too though just in case it gets extended cause hey, you never know. You should be able to move your deposit to your new reservation should they need to cancel and rebook.

The FD bb is set to expire Oct. 31st. There should be a room only bb discount available during your time frame though. Dial ext. 8844 from your room to find out the exact offer. But ask about the FD bb too though just in case it gets extended cause hey, you never know. You should be able to move your deposit to your new reservation should they need to cancel and rebook.
:oops:

Given how impossible discounts were this fall..........and with ToyStory Land coming I'll definitely check.........thanks for the update.

Yes. I explained that I wanted to book a room for myself, husband and kids (who were on the trip with me) and asked if I could book a room as well for someone who was not on the trip for the same dates. I was told no, every time I called (which ended up being 5 times in total).

I don't really think the people who are calling the bb are getting this mixed up. I'm not hearing about people trying to just book one room for people who are not on the trip and not themselves. I just think most of the CM's are not aware that this is even possible/allowed to do.

Like I said, I didn't press the matter because I didn't actually have the other person's information to book the room anyways. I just wanted to know if it could be done.

I totally believe that you can do this, since you did it, but I think more people are being told no they can't, then yes they can.
I would suggest that since you do have two adults, don't say from the begining that the other person is not on your current one, when they ask you for the other reservation name just give them the other adults name.

I would suggest that since you do have two adults, don't say from the begining that the other person is not on your current one, when they ask you for the other reservation name just give them the other adults name.
You really shouldn't have to go through all of that. When i called, I told them I was booking two rooms for other people that were coming with me and were not on my current reservation. The girl already knew the policy but if you get a cm that is not up to date with the new policy they just need to call guest relations and follow through that's all they need to do.

You really shouldn't have to go through all of that. When i called, I told them I was booking two rooms for other people that were coming with me and were not on my current reservation. The girl already knew the policy but if you get a cm that is not up to date with the new policy they just need to call guest relations and follow through that's all they need to do.
I totally understand what you are saying, but it appears that others have said the same thing to other cast members and gotten different answers. I've worked in call work and customer service for over 20 years. I tell people that you ask ten people in customer service the same question and odds are you will get ten different answers. And I know I've called customer service and once got one thing and another time got another answer. The one problem is that sometimes those of us that have been there forever and can quote policy back and forwards, have a hard time keeping up with changes, or forget that the change even happened. I was just trying to help by just elimnating saying that you have friends who are not on your current reservation.

I'm thinking that until we have a few folks who have been successful with this new wording for the BB policy, that whatever it takes to try to get the room resv we want is the way to go...if that means not saying anything about the other person not being a part of the current reservation, until asked, then it's worth a try!

Let's all hope the word trickles out to all the many call centers for room reservations - I'm sure they are spread across the globe and not all CMs get the same info at the same time.

I'm thinking that until we have a few folks who have been successful with this new wording for the BB policy, that whatever it takes to try to get the room resv we want is the way to go...if that means not saying anything about the other person not being a part of the current reservation, until asked, then it's worth a try!

Let's all hope the word trickles out to all the many call centers for room reservations - I'm sure they are spread across the globe and not all CMs get the same info at the same time.
I agree. I know whenever I go on vacation at work I come back to at least 100 plus emails. Its so hard to keep up with how things are changing. Sometimes its easier for us to change, then make others.

If I am staying 3/10/18 - 3/23/18 at BWV, will there be any BB offers available at that time? TIA!

When you call to book a bounceback, they verify you are currently staying onsite by checking your current reservation. They can see exactly who is on your current reservation without you telling them.

The poster who first reports this explained it: you can book one rom for each adult currently staying at the resort. But each adult who books the bounceback does have to go on the next trip. However, they no longer have to be the lead guest in their own room. Thai is being done to prevent moving guests around at check in on the future trip.

Ex: my DH & I are going in December with our son & ddil. We are staying in rooms we booked on bouncebacks. However, we booked under the old rules. I have my DH & son in one room, my DDIL & myself in the other. Of course, at check in, we will get my DS & DDIL placed in the same room & my DH placed in mine. Under the new rules, we could have booked the same 2 bounceback rooms, but wouldn't have just listed everyone in the right rooms from the beginning. Saves lots of time for front desk CMs & aggrevation for the guests.

I just got back from WDW and said I would post my experience. The first day I tried to call the system was down for several hours. When it was finally back up I called from my cell since I was in the parks, I was on hold for at least 30 minutes before getting through. The agent I got insisted that you could NOT book a second room for another party, if we wanted two rooms my name had to be on one and my husband's on the other as we were the two people on our current reservation. Since my first choice resort was not available for bounceback, I didn't bother arguing with him since I just needed to know what was available and would call back later to book.

I called back the next morning from my room as soon as the phone lines opened. As soon as I said I wanted to book 2 rooms she said "You do realize that you and your husband can be on the same reservation and the second room can be in another name, right?" Hallelujah! When I explained that the agent from the previous day did not know the policy, she said that when hold times are long the overflow calls go to the regular line. And the agents on the regular line are not aware of the policy. Only the bounceback department is aware. A ha!! So I must have gotten a regular line agent the day before. (another clue that I had a regular agent was that they asked me what the bounceback offer was!) Not sure if I got the regular agent because I called the 1-800 number of if it's because hold times were so long due to a several-hour-system-outage, but I'm assuming it's the latter.

Moral of the story - call from your room when the phone lines open (8am) to have the best chance of getting an agent that knows about the new policy. :)

I just got back from WDW and said I would post my experience. The first day I tried to call the system was down for several hours. When it was finally back up I called from my cell since I was in the parks, I was on hold for at least 30 minutes before getting through. The agent I got insisted that you could NOT book a second room for another party, if we wanted two rooms my name had to be on one and my husband's on the other as we were the two people on our current reservation. Since my first choice resort was not available for bounceback, I didn't bother arguing with him since I just needed to know what was available and would call back later to book.

I called back the next morning from my room as soon as the phone lines opened. As soon as I said I wanted to book 2 rooms she said "You do realize that you and your husband can be on the same reservation and the second room can be in another name, right?" Hallelujah! When I explained that the agent from the previous day did not know the policy, she said that when hold times are long the overflow calls go to the regular line. And the agents on the regular line are not aware of the policy. Only the bounceback department is aware. A ha!! So I must have gotten a regular line agent the day before. (another clue that I had a regular agent was that they asked me what the bounceback offer was!) Not sure if I got the regular agent because I called the 1-800 number of if it's because hold times were so long due to a several-hour-system-outage, but I'm assuming it's the latter.

Moral of the story - call from your room when the phone lines open (8am) to have the best chance of getting an agent that knows about the new policy. :)
I'm glad you finally reported back. I was starting to think I was going crazy LOL but I'm glad at least you were able to get two rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!