2018 Canadian Roll Call

Air Canada has served notice that their involvement with Aeroplan will end in June 2020 when they roll out their own loyalty program.

https://www.thestar.com/business/20...eroplan-in-2020-with-new-loyalty-program.html

Most frequent flying Aeroplan members I know are weighing their options.
Wow. I have quite a few Aeroplan miles, but I use Alaska almost exclusively the past few year because of better flights, love the direct flights from SeaTac to either Ft Lauderdale or Orlando. And better service.
It seems every time I flew AC something went wrong, and I hate having to go thru customs in Toronto.
But Better start using my points, on United. Thanks for info.

Wow. I have quite a few Aeroplan miles, but I use Alaska almost exclusively the past few year because of better flights, love the direct flights from SeaTac to either Ft Lauderdale or Orlando. And better service.
It seems every time I flew AC something went wrong, and I hate having to go thru customs in Toronto.
But Better start using my points, on United. Thanks for info.

I hear you. Most of my Aeroplan miles came from partner flights on United for much the same reasons as you stated for flying on Alaska and from my Aeroplan Visa for purchases. Our rewards flights for March/April are connecting in YUL there and YOW coming back. Long layovers, but we avoid the madness of YYZ at least. Our "long game" was to use the miles up on flights to Europe where AC does much better service wise but since we're not planning to go in the next few years, I'm trying to use up my Aeroplan points before AC launches its new program.

I hear you. Most of my Aeroplan miles came from partner flights on United for much the same reasons as you stated for flying on Alaska and from my Aeroplan Visa for purchases. Our rewards flights for March/April are connecting in YUL there and YOW coming back. Long layovers, but we avoid the madness of YYZ at least. Our "long game" was to use the miles up on flights to Europe where AC does much better service wise but since we're not planning to go in the next few years, I'm trying to use up my Aeroplan points before AC launches its new program.
I was just looking at flights to Hawaii lol.

I was just looking at flights to Hawaii lol.
Flying to Hawaii via AC watch out. 3 weeks after 9-11 we got an in-flight announcement over Vegas that we had to divert to Vancouver because they had no mechanics in LV. Turned out "they said" that the auto pilot wasn't working and you can't fly over open water without it. 5 hours waiting in a secure area of the airport because we had already cleared customs leaving Toronto on our "direct" flight. Had to wait for a new plane and crew. They gave us water and a snack.

Flying to Hawaii via AC watch out. 3 weeks after 9-11 we got an in-flight announcement over Vegas that we had to divert to Vancouver because they had no mechanics in LV. Turned out "they said" that the auto pilot wasn't working and you can't fly over open water without it. 5 hours waiting in a secure area of the airport because we had already cleared customs leaving Toronto on our "direct" flight. Had to wait for a new plane and crew. They gave us water and a snack.
I have a few AC horror stories too. Not good.

March 24-30, family of 5. Accommodation TBD but it will be offsite. We are from the west coast... Vancouver Island.

We were NOT supposed to go in 2018 but DH just offered that we go to WDW the first week of January. I don't know our exact dates or resort yet.

I just realized I didn't update my plans on this thread. We cancelled the trip in January 2018 and instead we booked Disneyland (offsite) April 23-28.

Our next trip to WDW will be a split stay for the Holidays to attend the last party and see the New Year celebrations. We will spend Christmas in Ft Lauderdale with my parents. So our stays will be December 20-23 at POR or Poly depending if I can get a room-only discount at the Poly when they come out then a second stay at CSR Dec 29-Jan3.

Now I am debating if I get the discounted WDW tickets or if we buy an AP since we have a trip in FL planned for July 2019 (no Disney planned yet for then but could easily be added).

2 trips on the books this year!

March 10-17th offsite Sheraton Vistana Villages
October 31-November 7 Hoping to rent point for the Poly! Going to attempt the 1/2 marathon after doing the 10K this year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts