2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify - we are on Disney dining plan - I can order adult QS with my sons QS meals? My daughter is 2 and he is 4. We would have gotten the plan for her if we didn't have to buy tickets but this would mean they could easily share anyway.

As of right now, yes you can order an adult meal with your son's credits at QS places.

If you still have TS credits, you can use them at QS once all your other QS credits are gone.

Ah, that's really helpful to know.

The thing I have to try and remember is to look at the actual dollar figure in the end, not whether we lost value at QS restaurant when we could have gone to a TS restaurant. I just did my best guestimate of how much it'll cost to eat at 6 restaurants I know we will eat at, plus the refillable mugs, one snack per day, and did an average of $28 per meal for another 6 QS meals, which I think is probably on the low side. That places us at $680 already. It's a little hard to say whether I'm about to throw $200 down the toilet but I'm gussing I'm not. We will probably have more than one snack per day and I didn't include drinks or taxes.

Haha...I'm trying to convince myself to do it.

And in 2018, the dining plans include alcoholic drinks for the adults, so if that's something you might get, it needs to be in your calculations.

We're not big drinkers, but my husband would probably get a beer a day. We'd be more likely to get adult beverages if we could get them separate from a meal, but unfortunately that's not an option.

I did just make the switch to the dining plan. I'll just plan a couple more TS meals than I planned to. Plus, I always stress out about every penny when I'm on vacation so this will relieve some of that.

And in 2018, the dining plans include alcoholic drinks for the adults, so if that's something you might get, it needs to be in your calculations.
I'm really interested to see in January how this works. If it's as predicted there has to substantial savings for people like our family.

It's not like we're alcoholics :-))) but yes we would love a mixed drink with sit down meals or while we are at the pool or BOG.

Tacking on $20 value to most meals would definitely make the plan worth it for us.

I'm really interested to see in January how this works. If it's as predicted there has to substantial savings for people like our family.

It's not like we're alcoholics :-))) but yes we would love a mixed drink with sit down meals or while we are at the pool or BOG.

Tacking on $20 value to most meals would definitely make the plan worth it for us.

This will almost surely be a year that ALL the plans are a good value again for anyone who does drink. Drinkers and those with kids should be able to save that "up to 20%" without too much work.

Ah, that's really helpful to know.

The thing I have to try and remember is to look at the actual dollar figure in the end, not whether we lost value at QS restaurant when we could have gone to a TS restaurant. I just did my best guestimate of how much it'll cost to eat at 6 restaurants I know we will eat at, plus the refillable mugs, one snack per day, and did an average of $28 per meal for another 6 QS meals, which I think is probably on the low side. That places us at $680 already. It's a little hard to say whether I'm about to throw $200 down the toilet but I'm gussing I'm not. We will probably have more than one snack per day and I didn't include drinks or taxes.

Haha...I'm trying to convince myself to do it.
Try the DISPLANNER this could help you calculate cost

Try the DISPLANNER this could help you calculate cost

I assume that's the same as distripplanner.com? I used it and it's super helpful. I really only know for sure 3 of the restaurants we are going to. The rest I just put in average QS restaurant, which seem to be between $33-$39 depending upon which meal. I just chose them based on what I thought we were most likely to eat that day.

The upgrade to the DDP was $854. Based on the displanner we would spend $867. We save $7! Woohoo. But that's if we eat at all QS restaurants and even though I don't have it planned, we would probably eat at at least one more TS without the plan. Since I have the plan, I will obviously make more of an effort to plan TS meals.

I am curious about something. It shows the DDP cost as $125. I don't know how it arrives at $1252. My calculations were $1050 for 2 adults, 1 child for 6 nights. Makes me wonder if the other amounts are skewed as well.

Here's what Displanner calculated:
Using No Plan
$867.28
Quick Service Meals: $406.39
Table Service Meals: $202.56
Snacks: $141.48
Refillable Mugs: $53.97
Taxes: $26.42
Tips: $36.46

Using Quick Service Dining Plan
$999.46 (Additional Cost: $132.18)
Quick Service Entitlements Remaining: 6

Using Disney Dining Plan
$1252.46 (Additional Cost: $385.18)
Quick Service Entitlements Remaining: 12 Credits Over
Table Service Entitlements Remaining: 12

Using Deluxe Dining Plan
$1671.40 (Additional Cost: $804.12)
Entitlements Remaining: 18

I am curious about something. It shows the DDP cost as $125. I don't know how it arrives at $1252. My calculations were $1050 for 2 adults, 1 child for 6 nights. Makes me wonder if the other amounts are skewed as well.

That is odd. I'm getting $1060 for the 3 of you for 6 nights for 2018. It's like they added an extra night, but even that is only $1237. They are way high on the cost of all the plans for your calculations. I have the QSDP at $760 for the 3 of you. Even 3 adults on the QS for 6 nights is only $945. What are they using for dining plan prices??

Honestly, I don't really trust them because of this and other examples I've seen here. Do your own math. At least you know it's correct and a clearer picture of what you're getting.

That is odd. I'm getting $1060 for the 3 of you for 6 nights for 2018. It's like they added an extra night, but even that is only $1237. They are way high on the cost of all the plans for your calculations. I have the QSDP at $760 for the 3 of you. Even 3 adults on the QS for 6 nights is only $945. What are they using for dining plan prices??

I just figured out why it's doing that.

Here is what it says with no restaurants added (including 2 adults, 1 child, for 6 nights + 2 snacks per day and 3 refillable mugs):
In the previous one I posted, I had selected 10 QS meals and 2 TS meals (Akershus and Crystal Palace) because that's what we would do if we didn't have a plan. Since the TS meals are not included in the QS Plan they added the out of pocket cost on top of the plan cost. Since I had chosen too many QS meals for the DDP plan, they added the out of pocket cost for the ones that exceeded my credits on top of the plan cost.

Honestly, I don't really trust them because of this and other examples I've seen here. Do your own math. At least you know it's correct and a clearer picture of what you're getting.

I agree. It's good as a guide but I also think crunching your own numbers is really helpful. I did do that to the best of my ability and came up with similar totals. At the very least $850 for the DDP will save a couple of dollars, even if we decide to use TS credits for QS credits. But since I now have the flexibility to enjoy some better options, I'm going to take advantage of that.

I have a couple follow up questions. Can I share my meal at a TS restaurant with my daughter and only use one credit? I'm not a very big eater and usually leave about half my meal behind so when I can share, I like to do that. I'm assuming that wouldn't be possible at a buffet, but if it was not a buffet, could I do that? Or can she just get an appetizer and we pay for it out of pocket and only use one credit?

I have a couple follow up questions. Can I share my meal at a TS restaurant with my daughter and only use one credit? I'm not a very big eater and usually leave about half my meal behind so when I can share, I like to do that. I'm assuming that wouldn't be possible at a buffet, but if it was not a buffet, could I do that? Or can she just get an appetizer and we pay for it out of pocket and only use one credit?

You are correct. Sharing is fine except at Buffet/All you care to eat meals. You can also order anything you would like out of pocket.

You are correct. Sharing is fine except at Buffet/All you care to eat meals. You can also order anything you would like out of pocket.

Awesome. I wasn't sure if they make you use the credits for your whole party. I read a FAQ on a different site yesterday that said you have to pay in all credits or all cash. I don't know why it said that. Thanks!

Awesome. I wasn't sure if they make you use the credits for your whole party. I read a FAQ on a different site yesterday that said you have to pay in all credits or all cash. I don't know why it said that. Thanks!

That FAQ is definitely wrong. Even at Via Napoli, infamous for not allowing sharing, you can mix payment types.

My daughter is going to be on the adult dining plan next year. She can barely eat a kid's meal at Disney! I was wondering if anyone knows if 1 adult TS credit can be split into 2 kid's credits at the same meal (I have 2 young daughters). If this would work we may be able to save a few credits to eat at a few 2 credit meals without sacrificing another day's meal. I hope this makes sense...it does in my head...lol!

My daughter is going to be on the adult dining plan next year. She can barely eat a kid's meal at Disney! I was wondering if anyone knows if 1 adult TS credit can be split into 2 kid's credits at the same meal (I have 2 young daughters). If this would work we may be able to save a few credits to eat at a few 2 credit meals without sacrificing another day's meal. I hope this makes sense...it does in my head...lol!

Unfortunately, no. If you want to save some of her credits to do signature dining, you'll have to pay OOP for a kid's meal for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!