2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting note from tonight’s meal- while adults and children’s credits on the deluxe are combined, the waiter could tell from his receipt screen how many adults and kids were registered to my DVC room. He at first acted like he was confused then he laughed and said he was just kidding. It wouldn’t matter, it still just shows total number of credits.

Interesting note from tonight’s meal- while adults and children’s credits on the deluxe are combined, the waiter could tell from his receipt screen how many adults and kids were registered to my DVC room. He at first acted like he was confused then he laughed and said he was just kidding. It wouldn’t matter, it still just shows total number of credits.
Yes, they could always tell. That’s how they used to enforce the kids meal rule for quick service restaurants. If there were two adults in your room, they wouldn’t let you order three (or more) adult meals at a time. They seem to have relaxed that rule a couple years ago.

Can you ever substitute a dessert for a drink at a QS?

At the resorts, many have reported that it is allowed since most have their refillable mugs with them serving as their drink.

It used to be allowed at many locations throughout the parks, but that has pretty much come to a halt.

For restaurants like Yak & Yeti where the sides are priced separately on the menu, what is included with the dining plan? Is it just the entree or does it include a side?

For restaurants like Yak & Yeti where the sides are priced separately on the menu, what is included with the dining plan? Is it just the entree or does it include a side?

Just the entree...the separate sides listed are not included on the DDP. The entrees there do include whatever is listed with them. For instance, the Korean BBQ Ribs include shortening fries and slaw, and the Teriyaki Chicken entree includes coconut ginger rice and stir fried vegetables, etc...

Just the entree...the separate sides listed are not included on the DDP. The entrees there do include whatever is listed with them. For instance, the Korean BBQ Ribs include shortening fries and slaw, and the Teriyaki Chicken entree includes coconut ginger rice and stir fried vegetables, etc...
Thank you so much! Trying to budget for extras can be so tricky!! :)

Thank you so much! Trying to budget for extras can be so tricky!! :)

No big budget there. What they are trying to say is side things like a fries or whatnot is usually part of the entree selection you get with your dining plan selection, so you get plenty of food.

At the resorts, many have reported that it is allowed since most have their refillable mugs with them serving as their drink.

It used to be allowed at many locations throughout the parks, but that has pretty much come to a halt.
Wonder if you could do that at the Beach Club? Like for a Mickey Ice Cream Bar?

Do u recommend upgrading to DxDP if your plans include multiple character meals including CRT? My family has free dining promo in September and although I’am no mathematician by any means, I have ran the numbers with multiple substitutions and come ahead at the very least by $100 and that includes the cost of upgrade. This is our 1st time experiencing free dining. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Wonder if you could do that at the Beach Club? Like for a Mickey Ice Cream Bar?

If it's a snack credit, probably so. But, there have been reports of one or two of the resorts not allowing the swap. I think AoA was one of them, but I'm not sure. You'll just have to ask.

Do u recommend upgrading to DxDP if your plans include multiple character meals including CRT? My family has free dining promo in September and although I’am no mathematician by any means, I have ran the numbers with multiple substitutions and come ahead at the very least by $100 and that includes the cost of upgrade. This is our 1st time experiencing free dining. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Dxdp is a lot of food. App, entree dessert at each ts meal. If you try to do 3 ts a day, you will spend a lot of time eating. Like 5-6 hours a day

But if you have a lot of 2 credit meals planned, and enjoy the time dining, it can be quite lovely

Do factor the cost of tips in to your plan. More ts = more tips

Dxdp is a lot of food. App, entree dessert at each ts meal. If you try to do 3 ts a day, you will spend a lot of time eating. Like 5-6 hours a day

But if you have a lot of 2 credit meals planned, and enjoy the time dining, it can be quite lovely

Do factor the cost of tips in to your plan. More ts = more tips

I calculated everything based off distripplanner dining calculator. We do have 2 (2) credit meals planned in addition to character meals. Honestly, no way we can eat a ts or even a qs at lunch, but definitely considerimg if it saves me a little over $150.

I calculated everything based off distripplanner dining calculator. We do have 2 (2) credit meals planned in addition to character meals. Honestly, no way we can eat a ts or even a qs at lunch, but definitely considerimg if it saves me a little over $150.

Are you upgrading from QSDP to DxDDP or from the DDP to DxDDP? If you can also give us the number of nights and all the meals you WANT to do, we can give better advice.

Are you upgrading from QSDP to DxDDP or from the DDP to DxDDP? If you can also give us the number of nights and all the meals you WANT to do, we can give better advice.

We are visiting 5 nights, 6 days and upgrade is from standard dining plan to deluxe. I don’t have my list w/ me at the moment, but I believe we have 4 character meals (2 breakfast/2 dinner) including CRT dinner. Also, BOG before MNSSHP.

My husband just reminded me we have Grand Floridian Cafe and Sci-Fi for lunch, Ohana and Sanaa for dinner. Sorry, I know I’m missing a few. Thank u for ur help!

My husband just reminded me we have Grand Floridian Cafe and Sci-Fi for lunch, Ohana and Sanaa for dinner. Sorry, I know I’m missing a few. Thank u for ur help!

I'm counting 11 TS credits with just what you've given us, so even if there aren't any more, I'd say the price to upgrade from free is definitely the cheaper way to go. You'd have to pay OOP for 6 TS credits, and the price for just one adult to upgrade for the 5 nights is right at $200. I would think any combination of those 6 TS credits would be more than $200 unless all you're wanting to eat is just the entree and a regular drink at your a la carte places.

Just be sure you're making ADRs for where you really WANT to eat, and not just maximizing the plan. You're going to be spending a lot of time in restaurants and as Pumbaa said, you need to factor in tips as well as that number will go up at your a la carte places if you're getting all the entitlements.

If there are any kids in the mix, you'll save there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter