2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two questions and I am sorry if this was asked further back, but there are a ton of pages...

1. Do we tip when on the dining plan?

2. Are alcoholic drinks from say kiosks in EPCOT considered snacks on the plan? I understand alcohol comes with meals, but I was just curious about the individual drinks you can get in the different countries!

Thanks,

I have two questions and I am sorry if this was asked further back, but there are a ton of pages...

1. Do we tip when on the dining plan?

2. Are alcoholic drinks from say kiosks in EPCOT considered snacks on the plan? I understand alcohol comes with meals, but I was just curious about the individual drinks you can get in the different countries!

Thanks,

1. Yes
2. No

DxDP question: Let's say we go to a restaurant where I typically get an app as my meal. We could get 1 app, 1 entree, 2 desserts/drinks and we'd use 1 credit and pay 1 drink and 1 dessert out of pocket? Is that how that would work?

DxDP question: Let's say we go to a restaurant where I typically get an app as my meal. We could get 1 app, 1 entree, 2 desserts/drinks and we'd use 1 credit and pay 1 drink and 1 dessert out of pocket? Is that how that would work?

Yes, that will work, but unless you're treating some people to some meals with your DxDDP, you're going to end up with a lot of leftover credits.

Yes, that will work, but unless you're treating some people to some meals with your DxDDP, you're going to end up with a lot of leftover credits.
That's the plan :) I'm trying to work out if we'd save money putting it on just our room but using the credits for us and my ILs.

Can a TS credit be used for the Rivers of Light/Dining Package at Mama Melrose or does this have to be purchased separately?

Can a TS credit be used for the Rivers of Light/Dining Package at Mama Melrose or does this have to be purchased separately?

No.....because Mama Melrose doesn't do the Rivers of Light package.

If you want to do the Fantasmic pkg at MM, you can use a TS credit. If you want to do the River of Light pkg, you can use a TS credit at Tusker House.

I have a package booked, 13 nights with dining. me, husband, 3 kids ... all adults for dining purposes. My husband is leaving WDW 5 days early due to a change in work schedule. I know everyone in the room has to be on the same plan, so I didn't make any changes to the package I booked.

When he leaves, he will have only used 9 TS meals. And he will not have used all of his quick service meals or snacks.

Can the rest of us use his meals & snack credits?

(I did change the party size for the meals that take place after he leaves)

I have a package booked, 13 nights with dining. me, husband, 3 kids ... all adults for dining purposes. My husband is leaving WDW 5 days early due to a change in work schedule. I know everyone in the room has to be on the same plan, so I didn't make any changes to the package I booked.

When he leaves, he will have only used 9 TS meals. And he will not have used all of his quick service meals or snacks.

Can the rest of us use his meals & snack credits?

(I did change the party size for the meals that take place after he leaves)

Yep

We are a family of 4. 2 Adults, 10 year old, 7 year old. My 10 year old will be considered as an Adult credit. I know my 10 year old will not like the adult food menu, so likely will order from the kids menu for her. We have reservations for dining every day. One of the restaurants we booked requires 2 credits each. If somewhere in the middle of our trip, I decide to pay out of pocket for 2 dinner kids meal at 2 restaurants (saving 4 credits total) so that we can accumulate enough credits to make up for the restaurant that requires 2 credits, does the dining plan keep track which one is a kids dinner credit or adult credit or are they same? Thanks in advance!

We are a family of 4. 2 Adults, 10 year old, 7 year old. My 10 year old will be considered as an Adult credit. I know my 10 year old will not like the adult food menu, so likely will order from the kids menu for her. We have reservations for dining every day. One of the restaurants we booked requires 2 credits each. If somewhere in the middle of our trip, I decide to pay out of pocket for 2 dinner kids meal at 2 restaurants (saving 4 credits total) so that we can accumulate enough credits to make up for the restaurant that requires 2 credits, does the dining plan keep track which one is a kids dinner credit or adult credit or are they same? Thanks in advance!

Hi I would like to know this too since I am a dvc member I booked 2 rooms 1 room is xddp
For 2adults 1 child was planning on using child credit to pay for other adult meals and pay opp for child . did they change the rules now ?
We would be 4 adults 1 child sharing all credits for 3 nights.
I understand that dvc members cannot see credits on mde

If you are on the regular DDP (1TS, 1QS), then you will NOT be able to use kids' credits to get an adult meal. You CAN pay OOP for your 10 yr old to get kids meals and use their credits to get adult meals.

Hi I would like to know this too since I am a dvc member I booked 2 rooms 1 room is xddp
For 2adults 1 child was planning on using child credit to pay for other adult meals and pay opp for child . did they change the rules now ?
We would be 4 adults 1 child sharing all credits for 3 nights.
I understand that dvc members cannot see credits on mde

You'll probably be okay since you are paying OOP for the child. There was one report (look down through dining plan posts) last week where a family was made to order a kid's meal for their kid on the DxDDP, but that's a little different than what you're doing. You are using your credits to pay for someone not on the plan to have a meal. Let us know if you run into any problems.

Hi all. This is my first post so please forgive me if I'm doing it wrong! I am planning a trip to WDW with my family (6 of us) in August. I have booked six table service meals, which is 2 more than my allotted 4 under our regular dining plan. Is there an easy way to figure out which ones would give me the best bang for my dining plan buck and which I should pay out of pocket? The restaurants are: Rainforest Cafe in AK (Dinner), Chef Mickey's (breakfast), Akershus (lunch), Coral Reef (dinner), Disney Jr Play and Dine at Hollywood and Vine (breakfast), The Wave (at the Contemporary, where we're staying, for dinner). Any thoughts on how to best figure this out? I'd really appreciate advice from all of you experts, as this is only my second trip planning experience and it feels very intense! :)

Hi all. This is my first post so please forgive me if I'm doing it wrong! I am planning a trip to WDW with my family (6 of us) in August. I have booked six table service meals, which is 2 more than my allotted 4 under our regular dining plan. Is there an easy way to figure out which ones would give me the best bang for my dining plan buck and which I should pay out of pocket? The restaurants are: Rainforest Cafe in AK (Dinner), Chef Mickey's (breakfast), Akershus (lunch), Coral Reef (dinner), Disney Jr Play and Dine at Hollywood and Vine (breakfast), The Wave (at the Contemporary, where we're staying, for dinner). Any thoughts on how to best figure this out? I'd really appreciate advice from all of you experts, as this is only my second trip planning experience and it feels very intense! :)

Depending on the make-up of your party, I'd probably do a combo of OOP/DDP at all three of your a la carte places. The two most expensive entrees at those places pays DDP and the others pay OOP. That would give you a couple desserts to share and two alcoholic drinks. This only works if all of you are adults.

Depending on the make-up of your party, I'd probably do a combo of OOP/DDP at all three of your a la carte places. The two most expensive entrees at those places pays DDP and the others pay OOP. That would give you a couple desserts to share and two alcoholic drinks. This only works if all of you are adults.

Thanks so much- I never thought of splitting it like that. We do have two kids, so does that mean we can't do that among the four adults?

Thanks so much- I never thought of splitting it like that. We do have two kids, so does that mean we can't do that among the four adults?

You can! Since you have two kids, you can do the same with them, especially if you have one kid that might want something other than a kid's meal.

The math for how to do it changes, though. If you all use credits at the buffets, then you each have one credit more. So that's four credits to use for the adults and two for the kids. Maybe do two and two at two of them (one each for the kids) and then everyone pay OOP for the last one. Look at the menus for those and see what you might order. That's the only way to determine which one is going to be the least expensive.

You can! Since you have two kids, you can do the same with them, especially if you have one kid that might want something other than a kid's meal.

The math for how to do it changes, though. If you all use credits at the buffets, then you each have one credit more. So that's four credits to use for the adults and two for the kids. Maybe do two and two at two of them (one each for the kids) and then everyone pay OOP for the last one. Look at the menus for those and see what you might order. That's the only way to determine which one is going to be the least expensive.

Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!