I booked the enchanted package ddp last night
Ts and one Cs, refillable mug

My ressie shows no dessert because they do 2 snack credits now for this year
Alcoholic beverages included instead of a soda

I booked the enchanted package ddp last night
Ts and one Cs, refillable mug

My ressie shows no dessert because they do 2 snack credits now for this year
Alcoholic beverages included instead of a soda

You still get a dessert at TS, but not at QS. They did this change last year.

I'm grateful that you posted that info!!

I just got off the phone with disney and found out they booked my ddp incorrectly.

I paid for the ddp and they had that listed but was coded as QS....

They were quick in correcting the reservation
I'm glad I was able to take care of their error now and not have to be having it corrected once I was in the park resturants.

@sharonabe you replied to a post of mine in another thread that got deleted, so I can't reference it. Kinda wish it was transported to this thread... didn't see this thread when I first posted, otherwise I would have done so.

DxDP vs DDP. TS vs QS.

DxDP will include MBYBBQ, CRT, Tusker House (ROL package), Pinocchio Village Haus.

DDP will include assorted TS and QS, Buffet and non-buffet., Including a H&V buffet Fantasmic package.

1) I had heard or read somewhere that dining packages for F! or ROL include something extra (app or dessert) that is not standard. Not sure. Is that for all DP or only DxDP.

2) Please correct me if I'm wrong: DDP QS includes entree/drink only - no dessert; DDP non-buffet TS includes entree/drink/dessert - no app;
DDP buffet TS includes buffet/drink.

3) For DxDP, I have two buffets in MBYBBQ and Tusker (ROL). My understanding is that being on that plan provides no meal-relatee difference from DDP (just credit usage/allocation for our split stay schedule).

4) For DxDP, I also have CRT. Since it is non-buffet, does that mean app+entree+drink+dessert? If (since MK is apparently non-alcoholic) CRT allows for alc beverage, would that replace the dessert or the drink?

Thanks so much for your help!

1) I had heard or read somewhere that dining packages for F! or ROL include something extra (app or dessert) that is not standard. Not sure. Is that for all DP or only DxDP.

Some have reported when using the DxDDP that they still get the app with the F! pkgs since their plan includes an app. Regular DDP does not. ROL still includes app for all.

4) For DxDP, I also have CRT. Since it is non-buffet, does that mean app+entree+drink+dessert? If (since MK is apparently non-alcoholic) CRT allows for alc beverage, would that replace the dessert or the drink?

Everyone eating at CRT gets app, entree, dessert, and drink no matter how they are paying (OOP or plan). You forfeit the alcoholic drink if the dining place does not offer them.

We are planning a Disney vacation for 2019 and plan to stay at one of the Disney hotels along with some other friends. Has been several years since we were last there. Do you typically buy a Disney dining plan for the convenience or for some other reason? Comments in this thread indicate it isn't a discounted plan so curious what the value would be. For example, do you need the dining plan to make reservations at desirable restaurants and is that really the benefit of the program vs. just paying for each meal? We certainly don't know weeks/months in advance where we want to eat and partly depends on which park we happen to be at when time to eat. If some of our group buys the dining plan while others do not, will that cause any issues? Appreciate any input from those with recent experiences.

For those of us who are new to this forum it would be helpful to have an acronym list or else the comments being made sound like mumbo jumbo to me.

Last edited:

We are planning a Disney vacation for 2019 and plan to stay at one of the Disney hotels along with some other friends. Has been several years since we were last there. Do you typically buy a Disney dining plan for the convenience or for some other reason? Comments in this thread indicate it isn't a discounted plan so curious what the value would be. For example, do you need the dining plan to make reservations at desirable restaurants and is that really the benefit of the program vs. just paying for each meal? We certainly don't know weeks/months in advance where we want to eat and partly depends on which park we happen to be at when time to eat. If some of our group buys the dining plan while others do not, will that cause any issues? Appreciate any input from those with recent experiences.

For those of us who are new to this forum it would be helpful to have an acronym list or else the comments being made sound like mumbo jumbo to me.

We don't buy the dining plan often, but now that alcohol is included we're giving it another try. We have 5 trips planned and if we like it, we'll keep getting it.

We don't get it for any financial savings. For us, it's about the convenience & simplicity. We rarely book any advance dining reservations, with the exception of a couple that can be tough to get like Cali Grill, O'Hana etc, but you certainly don't need the dining plan to book them.

the regular DDP is good if you are wanting to go to expensive places on the daily (like Ohanas/Boma or have bfast at Be Our Guest). The Deluxe DDP would be an option if you wanted super expensive places (cinderellas royal table, le cellier, California grill). There is a quick service plan as well; however I don't think it'd be very "cost effective" unless you are attending during the food & wine/garden festivals. This is obviously just my opinion ofc. Also, everyone staying in the same room has to have the same plan (besides kids under 10, I think). Check out some videos by Disney Food Blog on YouTube. They helped me a lot in making our decision. We decided on the regular DDP. Here's why: we want to have a nice, sit down meal once a day. We want the more expensive quick service meals/snacks. We drink alcohol and/or the more expensive specialty drinks (shakes, bubble tea, cappuccinos).
Also, here's a list of acronyms/abbreviations
https://www.disboards.com/threads/a-list-of-common-abbreviations.1660743/
Hope this was helpful!
Also, when will you be going? We'll be there Feb 25th - March 3rd

We will probably go in April/May next year. It has been many years since we last went to Disney, but always found the Spring/Fall more enjoyable as the weather is cooler and lines aren't so long. Would never go in July/August (way too hot & too crowded), but understand that is the only time some have available. Imagine some restaurants have changed hands/moved/closed since our last trip. Doubt we will know that far ahead what we want to eat and seems like there are plenty of choices. As long as every restaurant is not 'by reservation only' that books up 6 months ahead, we will be fine. Will probably finalize our plans later this year when we coordinate with the others who are also going.

Good to know about the adult beverages included in the various Disney Dining Plans. You can generally buy a bottle of wine for what most restaurants charge for a single glass, so I can see how that can make those dining plans more economical. Will probably have a mix of sit-down dinners along with a lighter menu for lunch.

It's been years since I've used the DDP and I have a question about converting a CS meal into snack credits for Epcot F&W. I know the meal comes with a beverage and I know you can change the meal into 3 snack credits that all have to be used in one transaction at the same booth. However, do you still get the drink with that or do the 3 snacks replace the meal AND the drink? If so, I don't think I'll bother converting any of them.

It's been years since I've used the DDP and I have a question about converting a CS meal into snack credits for Epcot F&W. I know the meal comes with a beverage and I know you can change the meal into 3 snack credits that all have to be used in one transaction at the same booth. However, do you still get the drink with that or do the 3 snacks replace the meal AND the drink? If so, I don't think I'll bother converting any of them.

You do not get a drink in addition to the three snacks. One of the snacks can be a snack credit eligible drink (so no alcoholic beverages would count).

For the Disney Dining Plan when doing a sit-down/table service restaurant, is there are separate menu for those on the plan or how do you know which items are included? I would assume that the most expensive menu items are either an upcharge or not available using the dining plan. Exactly how does that work?

For the Disney Dining Plan when doing a sit-down/table service restaurant, is there are separate menu for those on the plan or how do you know which items are included? I would assume that the most expensive menu items are either an upcharge or not available using the dining plan. Exactly how does that work?

They usually tell you what's included once your seated especially if you let them know it's your 1st time there. Mostly any Appetizer entree and dessert. If you get an enhancement (such as a lobster tail with you entree) that's extra. Any extra Appetizers or dessert same thing. Cocktails and wine also used to be extra but is now included but you have ask which ones are now included usually there is price point they allow up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!