2018 Military Room Rates

It does seem as if the availability was limited this year.
I just wish the cast members had solid information to give out. That way we could know 100% that the discounts are not set up by resort categories like they used to be. If this is the new way they’re doing the discounts it’s depressing. I could get a regular run of the mill discount that would be equal or better than the military rates.

It does seem as if the availability was limited this year.
I just wish the cast members had solid information to give out. That way we could know 100% that the discounts are not set up by resort categories like they used to be. If this is the new way they’re doing the discounts it’s depressing. I could get a regular run of the mill discount that would be equal or better than the military rates.
It's so helpful that Disney offers the military discount, but it would be great if they gave us more details. I'm hoping Steve will have a little more information pretty soon.
I was looking pretty far out, dates in Oct 2018. Epcot Food and Wine is that time of year, and has gotten pretty popular. That may be why there weren't a lot of options. My first two choices weren't available, but a third was. I forgot to keep a calculator handy while I was on the phone, but oh well. I will next time. :-)

Last edited:
I probably should have included this in my original post- our rate for our river view rooms at POR came to be 30% off. I called before I got the email from Steve's site so I wasn't sure what to expect as far as discounts. I was honestly thinking they might scale back on the % this year so I had calculated on getting 30% off. I had originally booked two preferred rooms (mainly so I could ensure AB section for the murphy bed) and when I called to switch to military discount the CM said they had river view or royal rooms available for our dates. We have decided to switch up sleeping arrangements so the murphy bed is no longer a must, so I was fine with river view. For us the military rooms discount is the best deal since we can get our 5 day tickets from base at a great discount, and one member of our party has an annual pass. The dining plan isn't efficient for the way we all eat anymore so not benefit there. But they do still offer to add it on to your room only reservation, so that' good for a lot of people.

I tried to book a military discount room for our marathon weekend stay (Jan 3-8) but was unable to get anything. We have a family of 6 (2 parents and 4 kids under the age of 18) so we need either a suite, cabin, villa, or 2 rooms. I tried at two different times yesterday (on hold for about an hour each time) and was told that anything that met that criteria was sold out for the military rate--even just two separate rooms at the same resort.
I called again this morning and the CM told me that ALL suites and cabins are excluded from the military discount. I'm glad she told me so I don't keep trying to get a cabin at the discount rate.
I guess for now, I just need to keep my rack rate cabin.

I was surprised to hear that all suites and cabins were excluded though. Dh and I got one of the BWI garden suites at the military discount rate for marathon weekend 2017.

Seems like more availability has opened up. Still showing 35% off for deluxe for the dates I’m wanting.

just booked aoa cars suites for November 23rd through December 1st for 30 percent off. They had zero available for fort wilderness cabins or wilderness lodge on those dates.

I tried to book a military discount room for our marathon weekend stay (Jan 3-8) but was unable to get anything. We have a family of 6 (2 parents and 4 kids under the age of 18) so we need either a suite, cabin, villa, or 2 rooms. I tried at two different times yesterday (on hold for about an hour each time) and was told that anything that met that criteria was sold out for the military rate--even just two separate rooms at the same resort.
I called again this morning and the CM told me that ALL suites and cabins are excluded from the military discount. I'm glad she told me so I don't keep trying to get a cabin at the discount rate.

I was surprised to hear that all suites and cabins were excluded though. Dh and I got one of the BWI garden suites at the military discount rate for marathon weekend 2017.

Call back. I just booked a family suite at aoa So suites are included

This morning I was able to book POR for all 9 nights in june, a pool view, but at least I wasn't told only RR available. I have 9 months to keep checking on a garden view but in the mean time we're at the resort we want. So try again today. It seems yesterday maybe everything wasn't loaded yet?

Regards

thanks! It's amazing how much misinformation there is!
I was really nervous. I wanted the cabins as well but hopefully we'll like aoa just as much! I was also told they have not released villa availability yet as well. My soon to be sil was supposed to call last night and she failed to do so so I'm pretty angry that I missed out on cabins.

I was really nervous. I wanted the cabins as well but hopefully we'll like aoa just as much! I was also told they have not released villa availability yet as well. My soon to be sil was supposed to call last night and she failed to do so so I'm pretty angry that I missed out on cabins.
Was it for marathon weekend? If so, last night would have been too late. I called as soon as I found out (before noon yesterday) and there were none available. :(

just booked aoa cars suites for November 23rd through December 1st for 30 percent off. They had zero available for fort wilderness cabins or wilderness lodge on those dates.
My TA is trying to get me Wilderness Lodge and nothing has opened for my dates either. She said she thought that everything had not been loaded yet and that's why there was nothing available. I hope that's the case, if not I'll just stay at SOG.:worried:

Was it for marathon weekend? If so, last night would have been too late. I called as soon as I found out (before noon yesterday) and there were none available. :(
No. The weekend after thanksgiving that leads into December. It's usually a really dead week so maybe they didn't release allot of discounts? Oh well. I'm just going to be excited I'm going to disney

My TA is trying to get me Wilderness Lodge and nothing has opened for my dates either. She said she thought that everything had not been loaded yet and that's why there was nothing available. I hope that's the case, if not I'll just stay at SOG.:worried:
At this point even if wl loads I think we'll stick with AOA as a lesson to the soon to be sil. I'm pretty upset with her right now. She is upset about AOA but I really don't care. She's the reason we ended up at AOA

I called today asking about dates late September 2018 and things were extremely limited, I checked Poly (no availabity), Contemporary (club level bay lake available), Grand Floridian (standard view available), Boardwalk Inn (no availabilty), Yacht Club (lagoon view Club level; and standard view available). I ended up not booking anything at this point because what I really wanted (theme park view) wasn't available at any resort, but I will keep checking back. I was told the availability was limited this year and my choices were severely limited because we need a HA room with a roll-in shower. Doesn't hurt to keep checking though!

Finally after three phone calls, we are staying at Polynesian (sad it's only two days). So then we are staying 7 nights
at Beach Club. Yes the deluxe discount aren't the same as before but we are stilli staying at WDW Resorts. :cheer2:

I called yesterday and the only choices for Marathon Weekend were Savannah view animal kingdom, a king bed I need queens pirate theme at Caribbean beach and standard view at Music. So Music it is. Kinda of bummed since I'm taking a friend for her first time. I have never stayed at Music so going to make the best of it but was hoping for a moderate.

When I worked out the math on the deals I was offered, it looks like Disney cut down the percentages in each resort category. Which really bums me out because before it felt like they were giving us a really good deal that others couldn’t get. But now, 25%-30% is becoming standard. And on top of that, really limiting the resorts and room types we can get? Ugh

I went back and checked the math again on the rates I was given, some of the rates seem correct and others do not. YC club level lagoon view rate lines up at 40% off rack rate as well as YC garden view, but the price I was quoted for a garden view at GF was closer to 30% off. My dates are super flexible so I'm going to try to call back and see if I can get more quotes and see if the pricing comes out to what I think it should or if more stuff is available.

Just a heads up, I was offered a BWI Garden Suite yesterday at the military rate for a 2018 booking. If it were me, I'd keep checking. Sometimes a different day, different CM can mean a different answer. It's crazy, I know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!