2018 Princess Half Marathon

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I remember hearing a while back that at some point the race photographers on the course would be PhotoPass photographers and the pictures would start showing up in the PhotoPass accounts. Does anybody know if that happened, or is it still an outside company where you have to buy the pictures?

It happened. You’ll enter your bib number into the photopass area in dme. The event guide I think outlines this and I’ve been told it’ll be on the back of your bib, too.

Got an email back from RD about being able to bring my 12yo DD with me to early expo entry on Thursday.

They said since she was a child under the age of 18 she can enter early with me. They also said to please make sure she stays with me at all times.

This makes me so happy!

Okay, so here's my next question:
Obviously time is an issue. Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van will definitely be a transportation choice to help with that, but I'm guessing security can also create time issues. Will I save a decent amount of time without a bag? I usually do bring a purse with me to the parks, but if it'll save time, I can stuff my phone, camera, and an ID into my pockets and skip the bag. (The downside of that is no room for snacks, which means stopping in the park to buy food and losing time there, but I can maybe just pick something up at Starbucks since I'm stopping there anyway).
I always go in without a bag. If I think I need one, I stick a string-bag in my pocket, carry my stuff in my pockets or in my hands, go through the "no bag" entrance, and then get my bag out of my pocket and load it up with all the stuff. It saves TONS of time, especially when the parks are busy. Of course, I am a low maintenance person.

I like those shirts! Maybe I’ll make my husband trade his half to a larger size so I can steal his (he won’t wear the Princess Weekend ones)

It's when I took it off. I was in the beer garden at RnR and I peeled it off my body down my hips etc. And at some point in there the cards came out.

I see. I typically don't take mine off until I'm back in the room or car.

It happened. You’ll enter your bib number into the photopass area in dme. The event guide I think outlines this and I’ve been told it’ll be on the back of your bib, too.

Yes yes and yes.

These are great, especially the 10k and the half! I love the fact that they went with dark green for the Merida themed race, and the red and gold really pop on the Snow White themed race shirt. So happy that they're not pastel colored!

I still remember the first year I did Princess weekend. I was so excited for shirts and they were white, light blue, and gray. GRAY...people.

I was in denial about the weight I had regained, and had a bit snit with skirtsports about the sizing of some shorts, and ended up getting a too-small flipbelt from them. And I could not stand it being on my body one millisecond longer, so I took it off. Whoops. :)

Oh I was re-looking at the Event Guide, and regarding photopass, we have all the info we need to put the codes into the system now. The Event Guide post-race page has the codes for the events, and then you just plop your bib number (which we know from the waivers) at the end of each event code, and there ya go.

I still remember the first year I did Princess weekend. I was so excited for shirts and they were white, light blue, and gray. GRAY...people.

So you ran the 6th year....I really like my "gray" shirt and I think it is more of a silver.

I do not not care for the 2018 half shirt, but perhaps in person it will be better.

They actually did back to back white shirts in 2011 and 2012..not good and they were kind of plain as well.

Yes yes and yes.

Hey me too!
I like grey but it didn't make me feel very princessy....
But i had red hair that year so for me it was better than the hot pink Tinkerbell shirt I got.

I like them! I wish the 5k shirts were not regular cotton ones though.... (they are right?) Those never fit me well and so I never wear them. On the other hand, the last two I did it shirts I got are some of my favorites in the way they fit. Hopefully that didn't change.

For the 5k, our group will be dressed as the Haunted Mansion stretch portraits. The 10k will be more eclectic; my shirt says “in my favorite place, with my favorite people”.

Is the 10k course the same as the starwars 10k last April?

No costumes for me. Just colorful running skirts and a headband tiara.

Finally got out for a run today after taking a week off to try and get better. I did 2 miles and it felt ok. I'm pretty nervous about the half, but not much I can do now!

Is anyone else staying at AoA? What time are you aiming to be on the bus?

well my final long run was a disaster so I'm worried about next weekend, but I guess I was worried before so that's not new lol.

I'm staying at POP and will probably do around 3:30 on the bus, which is what I did last time from ASM. I had a nice relaxing walk to the start line and had to wait a bit for the start, but I'd rather do that than stress about being late. (I'm very Type A and being late for anything is one of the great stressors of my life anyway, let alone for a half! haha)

I'm aiming to be on the bus by 3:30. I have race retreat so I'll drop my stuff, do my last minute preparation then head towards the corrals. I want to be towards the front of my corral so I don't hang out in the retreat tent that long. I'll find a spot in the corral to sit down and eat my breakfast.

For the 5k, our group will be dressed as the Haunted Mansion stretch portraits. The 10k will be more eclectic; my shirt says “in my favorite place, with my favorite people”.

Is the 10k course the same as the starwars 10k last April?
The 10K course is the same as the January 10K - it goes through Epcot and the Epcot Resorts area.

EDITED because I forgot the Wine & Dine 10K course changed in 2017.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter