2019 Armed Forces Salute Renewal Announced!

Thanks for the update!
I just booked Pop Century std room Dec 1-7 for 688.51

They said the next week, Dec 8-14 was not available with the discount. The CM guessed it was due to Pop Warner activities.

Edit: this price appears to be a 25 percent discount

Last edited:
Just got through and got 2 rooms at Pop. Not sure of the exact discount because we added dining but it was around 25% I believe.

Yes... my Father in law is calling to Camp Pendelton to order our 5 day park hopper passes today! February 2019, here we come!

If you buy from Shades of Green, your tickets are already activated and you don't have to take time at the park to do the activation. You also don't have to deal with the worry of losing the exchange ticket. I highly recommend doing this!

Just a side note....if you do buy from SoG, they told me this morning that 2019 Salutes tickets won't be available until next week.

Hey all...I see that the Salute tickets are available up to five days. For our trip next year we need six days of passes, how do we go about adding a days worth of tickets?

My experience only, my rate was basically the same as it is this year. 35% off at a deluxe. (Actually 34.5% ish...crazy, I know.)
I realize WDW doesn't have to offer these discounts, and I am very appreciative of the offer.

We just change our resort. Found a better deal. Saving us thousands$$$$.
Going at the end of August till Sept4. We figure been there done that. So since the deluxes are double what they were(2017-18), we will save the money and hope the Food and Wine will start at that time, if not there Always Disney Springs.
Staying at POR for under $800, for 8 nights. We don’t mind cause we will only spending time sleeping there and maybe pool time.
We can’t want.

Last edited:
Wow, I had to make so many changes as our party is large.
Since my cousin's didn't end up needing the discount, they were able to move over to Pop Century with a preferred room and saved more $$.

My party got our suite at AOA and we're stoked!

Hey all...I see that the Salute tickets are available up to five days. For our trip next year we need six days of passes, how do we go about adding a days worth of tickets?

My understanding is that you cannot add days on to the Salute tickets. You would have to instead either purchase a single day ticket or go with a 6 day normal Military discount ticket. If one of your 6 days is at a water park then you could use the 5 day parkhopper plus ticket.

We just change our resort. Found a better deal. Saving us thousands$$$$.
Going at the end of August till Sept4. We figure been there done that. So since the deluxes are double what they were(2017-18), we save the money and hope the Food and Wine will start at that time, if not there Always Disney Springs.
Staying at POR for under $800, for 8 nights. We don’t mind cause we will only spending time sleeping there and maybe pool time.
We can’t want.

Did you get POR for under $100 a night with the military discount or with some other type of discount?

Did you get POR for under $100 a night with the military discount or with some other type of discount?
Ooops thanks. I noticed I said $800,
it’s $902. Sorry didn’t have my glasses on. Thanks BabyFu18. O we were told
River View has the better rate and we are in a quite area . The other moderates
are changing things around with the
gondolas coming. Plus we could stayed at one of the “ boardwalks resorts” but
with gondolas going there, we said
“Dixie” is always been our home away. Can’t wait.

Last edited:
No single-park tickets this time, ugh! I don't need hoppers for the trip we're taking next year, and this adds another ~$50 per person to my budget! Oh well, could always be worse

Just booked a split stay in Oct 2019. AKL and POR for 6 nights/7days. They can do it as 2 separate booking at the military rate.

Thanks for the info. Though does anyone know why DoD would have to sign a contract? Do they supplement the discounts in some way? If not I don't understand why a contract would be needed to offer a discount.
The DOD I believe signs a contract to foot part of the bill and that may be why we get discounts. Because without them signing there would be no discounts.

Thanks to everyone for letting us know the rates are out. I think we are staying at Shades of Green for now. We were looking for a moderate or a deluxe and best was Caribbean Beach but it was $400 more than Shades and with all the construction I don't think it would be worth the cost.

Was anyone able to get a military discount for a Standard room at animal kingdom lodge for last week of January?

Booked ASMo for last week of January 2019 with military discount. Discount was only available on Preferred room, no Standard. It was a flat 25% off.

This year (2018), I was able to book at Pop in a Standard room for the End of May using the Mil discount, but it was only 12ish%. I didn't book until March, so it was sorta last minuteish. If I am understanding all this correctly, they initially are offering deeper discounts on Preferred rooms, and after that inventory is gone, they lower the discount and open up standard rooms?? I'm just curious. I'm very happy with the rate I got & am looking forward to the refurbed rooms.

If you buy from Shades of Green, your tickets are already activated and you don't have to take time at the park to do the activation. You also don't have to deal with the worry of losing the exchange ticket. I highly recommend doing this!

Just a side note....if you do buy from SoG, they told me this morning that 2019 Salutes tickets won't be available until next week.
Thanks for the advice. The activation issue doesn't really matter because we aren't going to the parks on our arrival day.... dinner at Disney Springs that evening and the tickets can be activated at the ticket office there and start using them the next morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!