2019 Armed Forces Salute Renewal Announced!

Thanks to everyone for letting us know the rates are out. I think we are staying at Shades of Green for now. We were looking for a moderate or a deluxe and best was Caribbean Beach but it was $400 more than Shades and with all the construction I don't think it would be worth the cost.
When are you going? Construction should be mostly done by end of this year the latest. Gondola construction doesn't seem to be impacting guests.

But, $400 less for SoG is nothing to sneeze at. I just don't think the construction should factor into your decision

If you buy from Shades of Green, your tickets are already activated and you don't have to take time at the park to do the activation. You also don't have to deal with the worry of losing the exchange ticket. I highly recommend doing this!

Just a side note....if you do buy from SoG, they told me this morning that 2019 Salutes tickets won't be available until next week.
Can you do this without going to SoG? Over the phone? Mail? We have always purchased for our base and activated on arrival.

You can purchase over the phone and they will mail them to you. If I remember right from last year, they emailed me the form, which I filled out, scanned, and emailed back to them. Once they receive it, they will call to get your payment info and send them to you via mail. It was quick too. I think I had them within 48 hours of placing the order.

You can purchase over the phone and they will mail them to you. If I remember right from last year, they emailed me the form, which I filled out, scanned, and emailed back to them. Once they receive it, they will call to get your payment info and send them to you via mail. It was quick too. I think I had them within 48 hours of placing the order.
Wow! I will definitely be doing this. In previous years, I was able to get them the day of purchase, but last year they had to order them and I missed my FPP window by 3 days!!! I have a little time this year, but I like this plan.

Does anyone know why SoG can mail activated tickets anywhere in the country (world?), but military bases can only sell unactivated tickets in person, who must then go to guest services for activation, with all party members present? For the life of me, I can't figure out any justification for this.

Does anyone know why SoG can mail activated tickets anywhere in the country (world?), but military bases can only sell unactivated tickets in person, who must then go to guest services for activation, with all party members present? For the life of me, I can't figure out any justification for this.
Just guessing here but could it be because they are on Disney property? And closer affiliated with Disney?
This is a relatively new thing because when we went in 2015 they still had to be activated.

For those of you who've used the Salute room discount in the past-- if you already had your room booked, were you able to apply it and stay at the same resort, or did you have to move to a different resort that still had availability with the discount? Not sure what to expect!
I don't know if someone has answered this. However, I booked us rooms at the Grand Floridian back in July. I called this past week and they were able to find a Military Discount in a better room (Club Level, Main Building as opposed to Outer Building). AND they kept the same confirmation number AND applied our deposit on our new reservation.

Basically, we were able to save $50 and go from Outer Building Theme Park View to Main Building, Theme Park View with Club Access. If we had stuck with the same exact room, it would have saved us around $1,000 with the Military Rate. (We are staying for 5 nights in January)

I don't know if someone has answered this. However, I booked us rooms at the Grand Floridian back in July. I called this past week and they were able to find a Military Discount in a better room (Club Level, Main Building as opposed to Outer Building). AND they kept the same confirmation number AND applied our deposit on our new reservation.

Basically, we were able to save $50 and go from Outer Building Theme Park View to Main Building, Theme Park View with Club Access. If we had stuck with the same exact room, it would have saved us around $1,000 with the Military Rate. (We are staying for 5 nights in January)

Thanks! We ended up having to move... we were at POFQ and they didn't have any rooms for the Salute discount. But we were able to switch to POR, with an upgraded room and still save about $700. No complaints!

I'm confused. I got an email from Steve at Military Tips. The way I read it he was suggesting if you have a trip planned you should go ahead and buy tickets before they make the changes in pricing Oct 16th. So I emailed SOG and they said you cant buy tickets more than 6 months before your trip. I was looking at either buying Magic your way or Stars and Stripes, NOT Salute. I dont see anywhere that there is an expiration date for Stars and Stripes or Magic Your Way. Anyone have an experience with this?? Would it be different at a base? Its not really a big deal but if I could save a few dollars I was going to go ahead and buy them.

We ordered 2019 Salute 5-day hoppers from Shades of Green to avoid activating them once we get to Disney. They just arrived and I linked them to MDE... and noticed that it's saying 2017 Salute, not 2019. Is that just another glitch, or will it cause problems when we try to use them in 2019? On the receipt they included in the package, it does say 2019 and the order form has the correct dates and year. Has anyone else experienced this? Checking here before getting on the phone with them.

Edit: The confirmation email I received from Disney Destinations specifies a 2019 ticket has been added. So, "2017" seems to be a glitch in the app.
MilitarySalute.jpg MilitarySalute.jpg MilitarySalute.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone have any issues getting 2019 tickets in the MWR offices?
I have gotten them there in the past. One base had them on hand and the other had to order them and it took about 3 weeks for them to arrive. (They said 4-6, so I was happy with 3)

When I called about the 2019 tickets they said they would be in play late this month. Our FPP window is next month and I didn’t want to take the chance of not having them on time. I went through Shades of Green and it was really easy and I had them in less than a week!

I have gotten them there in the past. One base had them on hand and the other had to order them and it took about 3 weeks for them to arrive. (They said 4-6, so I was happy with 3)

When I called about the 2019 tickets they said they would be in play late this month. Our FPP window is next month and I didn’t want to take the chance of not having them on time. I went through Shades of Green and it was really easy and I had them in less than a week!

We found the same and ordered from SOG. We made it by the hairs of our chinny chin chin! They arrived yesterday evening and I just linked them to MDE and our FP+ day is tomorrow!

Does anyone know if the Armed Forces Salute tix for 2019 will include discounted ticket rate for DoD civilians? In 2018 it did, I have heard yes and no for 2019 so trying to get the story straight. Thanks in advance

Does anyone know if the Armed Forces Salute tix for 2019 will include discounted ticket rate for DoD civilians? In 2018 it did, I have heard yes and no for 2019 so trying to get the story straight. Thanks in advance

I have heard it's only for 2018 but I would check out Military Disney Tips website. Steve Bell is great about keeping us updated.

I have heard it's only for 2018 but I would check out Military Disney Tips website. Steve Bell is great about keeping us updated.
thank you, I have not heard of that website before (mostly because I'm a Disney cruiser and haven't been to the parks since 2009.. long overdue I know.. but I will definitely check it the web-site, thanks

UPDATE: 2019 does NOT include DoD Civilians, thanks so much for the info/tip/link Disney-inspired.. I now have Steve's site in my cross hairs and will keep it there.. great info, a ton of info, but very thorough and informative, again, thanks so much

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts